Rohan10's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A Peaceful Refuge in the City: Exploring Gandhi Memorial at Sanjay Gandhi National Park

1. Front photo of the Gandhi Memorial 

Nestled amidst the lush greenery of Sanjay Gandhi National Park in Borivali lies a serene tribute to the Father of our Nation - Gandhi Tekdi, also known as Gandhi Smarak (Memorial).

This memorial was erected in the 1960s to honor Mahatma Gandhi's legacy and his philosophy of non-violence. It serves as a place of reflection and inspiration for visitors seeking a break from the city's hustle and bustle.

2. Surrounding area of Memorial 

Reaching Gandhi Tekdi is a pleasant experience in itself. You can either take a leisurely stroll through the park's scenic trails, enjoying the sights and sounds of nature, or opt for a bicycle ride (rentals available within the park).

As you approach the memorial, the tranquil atmosphere washes over you. The simple yet elegant structure, surrounded by well-maintained gardens, exudes peace and serenity. ️

3. Close-up look at the vibrant colors of a firebush flower.

4. Close-up look at the vibrant beauty of a giant milkweed flower.

The highlight of Gandhi Tekdi is the panoramic view of the surrounding park and the distant cityscape. It's a perfect spot to capture some breathtaking photos or simply soak in the beauty of nature.

5. City sunset: The sun dips below the trees, casting a warm glow on the urban landscape.

Below photo shows a forest with bare trees against a clear blue sky. The photo is taken from a low angle, looking up at the branches. The scene is peaceful and serene.

6. Summer embrace: Bare branches reach towards a clear blue sky.

Located close to the Gandhi Tekdi is a delightful fish pond brimming with colorful varieties. Watching these vibrant creatures flitting about adds another layer of charm to the experience.

7. Collage of photos of Memorial, it's surrounding, fish pond.

Visit Gandhi Tekdi during the early mornings or evenings to experience the park at its most tranquil. Pack some snacks and water for a peaceful picnic under the shade of the trees.

Do you know some such memorials inside forest area? 

Do share with us...

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
20 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: A Peaceful Refuge in the City: Exploring Gandhi Memorial at Sanjay Gandhi National Park

This truly is an oasis in the middle of a bustling super metro city like Mumbai.

I cannot decide what is brilliant - the place or the photos 😊

So, I think the photos bring out the best of the place in a special way @Rohan10 

When I think I have seen everything in SGNP via your various posts, posts like this give us surprises and goosebumps.

I especially love the tree crown 👍 in photo #6

Level 8

Re: A Peaceful Refuge in the City: Exploring Gandhi Memorial at Sanjay Gandhi National Park

@Rohan10 

Rohan amazing photos click by you. its a mobile photos or camera.

what a beauty nature of Sanjay Gandhi National Park.

Level 9

Amazing photos and a nice post, @Rohan10.

It seems the most of the greenary in Mumbai is on that side. Brilliant views. It's hard to believe that it's in Mumbai, as mostly Mumbai means beaches, sea faces, skyscrapers. This is unique indeed.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 8

Thank you so much dear @Tushar_Suradkar for your praising words which encourages me a lot. There are lots more hidden places in SGNP. I will keep posted more about SGNP. Thanks again for your kind words. 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Thank you so much @mohanghyar for your kind words. It's my smartphone Xiaomi 14 Ultra. It's moreover Smartphone DSLR. 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Absolutely @ajitthite dada. It's very unique place. This SGNP is known as Lungs of Mumbai. Also we call it as Oxygen Factory. We must preserve this forest belt for healthy environment of Mumbai. Thank you so much for your kind words dada. See you soon.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 9

Betreff: A Peaceful Refuge in the City: Exploring Gandhi Memorial at Sanjay Gandhi National Park

@Rohan10 

Atemberaubende Fotos ist der richtige Ausdruck für die schönen Aufnahmen in dem interessanten Beitrag vom Park.

Level 8

Betreff: A Peaceful Refuge in the City: Exploring Gandhi Memorial at Sanjay Gandhi National Park

Thank you so much @Annaelisa for your kind comment. I am glad that you liked it. Thank you again.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 6

@Rohan10 What an amazing post. The photos are truly captivating and elevate the beauty to a whole new level. Your skill in capturing these moments is exceptional.

Nidhish Jaju ||" Exploring the world, one trail at a time "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery