Rohan10's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

An Unforgettable Visit at Tadoba: A Brush with Nature's Majesty and Wild Life.

Encompassing India's oldest and largest national park in Maharashtra, Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is a haven for wildlife enthusiasts in the Chandrapur district. It is famous for its tigers and is known to have the fastest growing tiger population in India. The park is a haven for wildlife enthusiasts, offering jeep safaris through the dense forests in search of tigers, leopards, sloth bears, sambar deer, and a variety of birds.

In this post I am going to share my experience in Tadoba Safari which has many gates to enter. I visited to one of the gate called Junona Gate.

1. Off Road Adventure: A Gipsy travels down a dirt road surrounded by trees.

The day began well before dawn, a symphony of chirping birds our only alarm. With excitement buzzing in the air, we set off towards Junona Gate, the starting point for our Tadoba safari adventure. We got entry to the Buffer Area of the Jungle as the Core area entries got full at that time.

2. The front photo of Junona Gate with Gipsy.

A quick stop fulfilled a forgotten need - renting a camera to capture the magic we were about to experience.

3. DSLRs and Binoculars are available on rent just in front of the Gate.

As we boarded the open-air Gipsy, a wave of cool, fresh air washed over us, instantly awakening our senses. The anticipation was palpable as our guide steered us deep into the lush jungle. The dappled sunlight filtering through the leaves created a mystical atmosphere, and the only sounds were the symphony of birdsong and the rhythmic crunching of tires on gravel.

4. A mysterious landscape: A foggy field with trees in the distance and a mountain shrouded in mist.

Our first encounters were with the park's graceful inhabitants - spotted deer grazed nonchalantly by the roadside, their soft eyes meeting ours for a fleeting moment. A kaleidoscope of colorful birds flitted through the branches, their songs adding to the rich tapestry of sounds. 

5. Two spotted deer standing close together in a grass field.

6. A Majestic egret wading though the water in search of fish.

7. A Jungle babbler perched on a tree branch.

8. A Golden silk orb-weaver spider rests in the center of its web.

9. A Black and White Magpie-Robin perched on a tree branch.

10. A Samber deer grazes peacefully and gazes calmly.  

11. A Pied Kingfisher perched alertly on a branch ready to dive for fish.

12. Thrilling pugmarks of a Tiger.

The thrill escalated when we spotted pugmarks, the unmistakable imprint of a tiger's paw - a tantalizing hint of the magnificent predator that called this place home.

13. A fresh pugmarks of a Tiger.

While the elusive tiger remained unseen on this occasion, the disappointment was overshadowed by the sheer joy of exploring this vibrant ecosystem. The thrill of the unknown, the breath-taking scenery, and the chance encounters with various wildlife species made it an unforgettable experience. It was a powerful reminder of the delicate balance of nature and the importance of preserving these precious lands.

14. A dirt road winds through a dense forest, Sunlight filtering through the leaves overhead.

Tips for your Tadoba Safari:

1. Book your safari in advance online through their official website maintained by Maharashtra Government https://mytadoba.mahaforest.gov.in/ , especially during peak season. Junona Gate is known for its high tiger sighting possibilities, so plan accordingly.
  2. Carry a good camera with a zoom lens. Renting one at the park is an option, but having your own gear allows for more control and flexibility.
  3. Dress comfortably in colors that blend in with the surroundings. Avoid bright or florescent clothing that might spook the animals.
  4. Be mindful of noise levels. Whispers are best to avoid disturbing the wildlife.
  5. Rise early! Morning safaris often yield the best results when animals are most active.
  6. Bring binoculars for a closer look at the wildlife.
  7. Respect the park and its inhabitants. Stay on designated paths and avoid littering.
  8. Most importantly, embrace the experience! Whether you see a tiger or not, the beauty of Tadoba and the thrill of the safari will leave you with lasting memories.

Remember, a jungle safari is not just about ticking off sightings from a checklist. It's about immersing yourself in nature's embrace, appreciating the intricate web of life, and creating memories that will stay with you forever.

All the photos shot by Nikon-D3400 by me.

How to reach:

By Air: The nearest airport is Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport ( Nagpur Airport) (ABX) located approximately 140 km away from Tadoba National Park. You can hire a taxi or cab from the airport to reach the park.

By Train: The nearest railway station is Chandrapur Railway Station, situated 45 km from Tadoba National Park. Several trains connect major cities like Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Jhansi to Chandrapur. Taxis and buses are available from the railway station to take you to the park.

By Road: Tadoba National Park is well connected by road to major cities in Maharashtra and nearby states. If you are coming from Mumbai, you can take the NH 6 highway. The total distance is approximately 920 km and can take up to 14 hours to complete.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India
38 comments
Level 8

Re: An Unforgettable Visit at Tadoba: A Brush with Nature's Majesty and Wild Life.

@Rohan10  This post is about Tadoba Andhari  Tiger Reserve and I really believe you spent and amazing good time surrounded by those beautyful animals,birds,trees etc.

Level 8

Re: An Unforgettable Visit at Tadoba: A Brush with Nature's Majesty and Wild Life.

Yes @IamJoseFelixAranda I had a great time there. This is must visit place. I will go again and again for tiger sighting. For best tiger sighting frequent visit is must. Thanks for visiting and for your kind comment.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 9

Very good post @Rohan10  ji it looks like Heaven for Wild animals , they are very important for our Ecosystem , Thanks for Sharing These picture .🙏

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 8

Wonderful safari trip @Rohan10 all pictures is good but my favourite pic is fifth &  fourteen.

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 9

Betreff: An Unforgettable Visit at Tadoba: A Brush with Nature's Majesty and Wild Life.

@Rohan10 

Ein sehr gut strukturierter Beitrag der interessant und informativ ist mit sehr schönen erklärten Bildern 

Level 8

Thank you so much @RaviSharma111 for your kind words. You are absolutely right, wild life is very essential for our eco system. I am glad you liked my post.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Thank you so much @ShailendraOjha for your praising comments. I also loved the 5th photo. Have you visited Tadoba? Thank you so much for visiting and responding.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Betreff: An Unforgettable Visit at Tadoba: A Brush with Nature's Majesty and Wild Life.

Thank you so much @Annaelisa for your kind words. I am glad you liked it. Which is famous tiger project national park in your country. We would like to know. Thank you so much again for visiting and responding to my post.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

@Rohan10 

Tadoba is a national park and tiger reserve located in Chandrapur district in the state of Maharashtra, India. It is one of India's well-known wildlife sanctuaries and is home to a variety of wildlife, including tigers, leopards, deer, bears, and various bird species.

Tadoba National Park is also popular for jungle safaris, allowing visitors to enjoy the beauty of the forest and observe wildlife in their natural habitat. It is an important area for environmental and wildlife conservation.