PriscilaJimenez's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Disney's Pirate Night on the High Seas

Caption: Pirate Night with Mickey Mouse and his friends on board Disney Cruise Line.Caption: Pirate Night with Mickey Mouse and his friends on board Disney Cruise Line.

Continuing with my adventures on board Disney Fantasy Cruise, another highlight of this trip was Pirate Night. This day is inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean movie, so everything on the ship (shows, restaurant menus and dress code) is fully themed with pirates. 

To start the day, as I ́ve left my cabin and headed for breakfast, across the hallways, I could listen to the pirate soundtracks, so this means that as soon as you wake up all the atmosphere sets you in a playful and lively pirate mood. 

I enjoyed my breakfast with the gorgeous views of the green mountains and the crystal clear water in Tortola Island, which is the largest British Virgin island in the Caribbean. Unfortunately, at noon it was rainy and cloudy, so I 've decided to stay on the ship and go to all the on board activities. I had so much fun with the pirate games and trivias. I love that there are several activities for all ages, so if you don't want to explore the port or the weather conditions are not friendly, you still can have a great time exploring the ship.  

Caption: Tortola, British Virgin Islands. Morning view from the cruise.Caption: Tortola, British Virgin Islands. Morning view from the cruise.

Close to sunset, we saw the "Pirates in the Caribbean” show with Mickey Mouse and his friends on deck eleven, which is outdoors. All the characters are dressed up as pirates and they look so cute! This show has the special appearance of Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. We sang and danced to all the pirate songs, and then we went to dinner. All the restaurant staff were dressed for the occasion (as pirates) and they welcomed us with a cheerful “Ahoy matey”. The restaurant menu resembles an old treasure map and the food options are inspired by Caribbean cuisine. You can tell that every detail adds up to the full pirate experience. 

Caption: Mickey and friends pirate show.Caption: Mickey and friends pirate show.

Caption: Us having a blast (left). Special seat area designated for people with restricted mobility (right).Caption: Us having a blast (left). Special seat area designated for people with restricted mobility (right).

Then we went to the beautiful lobby atrium and this is one of my favorite parts of the day because this place gathers all the guests dressed as pirates. Their costumes are so cool, everyone is so committed to embracing their inner Captain Jack Sparrow. Additionally, every guest receives a complimentary pirate bandana to enhance our outfits. The atrium is also a meet and greet point to take pictures with all Disney characters, my favorite ones are Donald Duck, Stitch and Mickey. 

Caption: photo with Chip & Dale (left). Photo with Donald Duck (right).Caption: photo with Chip & Dale (left). Photo with Donald Duck (right).

Caption: photo with Minnie (left). Photo with Goofy (right)Caption: photo with Minnie (left). Photo with Goofy (right)

There's always live music on the ship and this time there was a professional violinist playing the soundtracks of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. It was amazing and I still get chills watching the video of him playing. 

Caption: Jordan playing the violin (left). A service dog with a pirate outfit (right).Caption: Jordan playing the violin (left). A service dog with a pirate outfit (right).

The fun and excitement doesn't end there. The show must go on and at 10pm we all went back to deck eleven where Captain Jack Sparrow and his fellow pirates took us into a journey to discover a sparkly treasure in the sky: FIREWORKS! Yes, to wrap up a perfect pirate night we enjoyed a breathtaking fireworks spectacle. 

Caption: photo collage of the pirate's deck party and the fireworks.Caption: photo collage of the pirate's deck party and the fireworks.

I feel extremely lucky and grateful to have had the opportunity to enjoy this experience more than once, and everytime was so magical. I am glad that I wrote this to revive those beautiful memories and I hope you liked this post. 

See you around mateys!😘

If you are a Disney fan, check out my previous post were I tell you all about Disney's private island in the Caribbean. 
6 comments
Level 9

Re: A Pirate's Life For Me: Disney Cruise Pirate Night Adventure

wow Disney Cruise Nice pictures  @PriscilaJimenez 

Level 9

Betreff: A Pirate's Life For Me: Disney Cruise Pirate Night Adventure

@PriscilaJimenez eine fantasievolle Reisegeschichte mit schönen Darstellungen.

Überraschend finde ich die Kombination Piraten und Micky Maus aber der Fantasie sind ja keine Grenzen gesetzt.

Level 8

Re: A Pirate's Life For Me: Disney Cruise Pirate Night Adventure

Thank you!❤️ @NirmalTeja 

Level 8

Yes! it's amazing. All Disney characters look so cute dressed as pirates. I love that, during the whole, cruise the characters have different outfits depending on the location and the holiday. For instance, during Halloween season you may see Mickey Mouse dressed as a vampire. @Annaelisa 

Connect Moderator

This is a creative travel post with beautiful pictures. 👌 @PriscilaJimenez 

Thank you so much sharing here with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Thanks for your comment! @NareshDarji 🙂