cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[ FAQ ] Local Guides Basic

https://plus.google.com/communities/101571910020535125358

Hi everyone,

I noticed a lot of people (including myself) are asking the same questions on here. Since I have nothing better to do I figured I'd make a list of frequently asked questions, and their answers!

I'll add videos demonstrating each action later

1. How can I get points?

You can get up to 5 points per location on Google maps. Every distinct action type grants one point, so performing the same action multiple times will not get you more points.

You can get points by doing the following:

1. Writing a review

When you have visited some place new, make sure to leave a review of that location in maps. Just giving it a star rating won't cut it, so make sure to include some content with the review.

2. Uploading pictures for a location

When you have been to a place and took some cool photos, you can share them with the world using Google maps. This helps others find the location and allows them to take a look before going there.

3. Correcting information of a place

When you see incorrect information in maps, you can suggest a modification. After your modification has been published you will earn a point.

4. Adding new places

Did you notice that your favourite place is missing from maps? You can add them yourself to help others find it. After your addition has been published, you get a point.

5. Answering questions

Sometimes, questions pop up on the bottom of the screen when you're viewing a place that you've visited. Answering all questions for the place will earn you a point.

2. Where can I see how many points I have?

In the Google maps for Android app, you can slide in the menu from the right and tap on "Your contributions" to see your current amount of points and level, as well as items you can review.

If you have any other questions that should get added, please let me know 🙂

Vivek Kumar Shukla
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/111002734780268656611
India
1 comment
Level 10

Re: [ FAQ ] Local Guides Basic

Dear Svivek397,

Hope all's well.

Nice list. Looking forward to the videos. 👍

Kind regards from Osaka78