OmerAli's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Fancy a cultural interactive tour through time?

A screengrab from Museum of the world website. All credits to original authors at The Museum of The World websiteA screengrab from Museum of the world website. All credits to original authors at The Museum of The ...

Dear Local Guides

I hope that you are doing good and closely following the movement restriction orders (if any) in your regions while self isolating/quarantine yourself. These are strange times, something that most of us never experienced before. On one hand its wise and meaningful to maintain a social distance to fight back the spread of Covid-19 virus, on the other, self-isolation and working from home is a very new and intimidating idea for almost all of us. 

During this period, our Local Guides community came up with amazing ideas ranging from Helping out communityVirtual Meetups, guessing an object, portraying local crafts all the way to sharing our work-from-home setup to keep our community healthy and interactive.

I would like to bring something very unique to your attention, if you like to read and have passion for arts and culture. I am pretty sure that even though we love Google and its products, most of us may have never heard of it before. 

Let me introduce you to Google Art& Culture website, that curates amazing reads, interactive articles and experiments for us. From Taj Mahal  to the 1st walk on moon, lessons from Muggle Magic all the way to world's zaniest building, Google Arts & culture got us covered.

Personally, I love the interactive experiments in their repository and I would like to present  Museum of the World project that takes you through an interactive tour in time featuring objects from pre-historic to present times in the British Museum Library. I am sure that you will be fascinated with the magnitude of the information and how its laid out nicely. 

Enjoy travelling through time and stay safe.

-Cheers

Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
5 comments
Level 9

Re: Fancy a cultural interactive tour through time?

Hi @OmerAli Thank you for the post. Indeed we can learn and explore more from these resources in this lockdown situation. I am exploring a few you have mentioned here.

FYI, the link for the Taj Mahal is not working. Did you want to link here?

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Connect Moderator

Awesome @SaifIS , good to know that you have interest in arts and culture as well.

I spend almost 30 minutes every day going through this google website and always find something nice to read.

Thanks for pointing out the broken link, I will fix it now 😁

Connect Moderator

Hi @OmerAli,

very interesting indeed, especially when you cannot have any "outside" interaction 😚. Thank you for sharing.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 7

Great post, @OmerAli and it's pointed me to a very interesting section of the Google World I didn't know about. Thanks so much!

Level 9

Wow! I will bookmark and check this out! @OmerAli  Thanks for the 'Like' on my page 😁

Love,

Ewa