katydarhel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Five great places to stay overnight in Iceland

Hello everybody!!! A week ago, I returned from Iceland, where I got a lot of impressions. I would like to share my impressions of the beautiful places to stay for the night.

1. So, a great place to go, and just have to stop for the night, as the road is very difficult, this is the peninsula and the region of Iceland Vestfirðir. This place is untouched and wild. The coast is dotted with numerous fjords. This is an opportunity to face one another with wildlife. Personally, I stayed in village Patreksfjörður. Unfortunately, I could not take a photo of this pretty village.VestfirðirVestfirðir
  2. A great place to stay for the night is the town Breiðdalsvík. This place is located in the southeastern part of the island. And at this time it is especially important, because Iceland is covered with snow, and here it is warm. In addition, I was conquered by a magnificent mountain landscape and coniferous forest, which is very rare for Iceland.BreiðdalsvíkBreiðdalsvík
  3. Another place that won me over is Hvammstangi. I was especially pleased with the presence of water from thermal springs in the water supply system rich in hydrogen sulfide. In addition, not far from this city are the rookeries of the seals, which I admired. And of course the magnificent rock Hvítserkur, located next.HvammstangiHvammstangi
  4. Another great place to spend the night is the Breiðabólsstaður farm. Here is the museum of the famous Icelandic author Þórbergur Þórðarson. At the place is in the middle of nowhere, it's the best choice to stay overnight.BreiðabólstaðurBreiðabólstaður
  5. Well, the last cool place is city Arnarstapi. Strolling along the coastline, you can watch birds such as Kitteake, Arctic Tern and Fulmar. In Arnarstapi, you can see the sculpture by Bardur Snafelas created by Ragnar Kjartansson. Great place to look at the coast.ArnarstapiArnarstapi

Iceland is beautiful at any time, including in early April, when snow is still everywhere. Beautiful and cold ...

Katy Darhel
Vestfirðir, Iceland
32 comments
Level 8

رد: Five great places to stay overnight in Iceland

مكان بار لكن جميل جدا

Level 7

رد: Five great places to stay overnight in Iceland

Dear @sinbadss15, sorry i don't understand arabic!!! 

Katy Darhel
Former Google Contributor

Re: Five great places to stay overnight in Iceland

Hello @katydarhel,

Thank you for sharing all these details and amazing photos with us. 

As a person who knows very little about Iceland, I really enjoyed reading your post. I guess the area is very calme, right? 

Did you use a special camera to take those beautiful photos? 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 7

Dear @BorrisS,

I am very pleased to receive a compliment from you.

Iceland is really a very calm place. I wish you to see Iceland.

To take these photos I used camera in my phone Xiaomi, Android version 6.0.1.

Thanks again for the excellent rating of my review!!!

Katy Darhel
Level 8

Hi @katydarhel,

I was really enjoying reading this post. I imagined if I can stay overnight in that hotel you've shown us in this article.  The hotel seems so cosy to stay. Perhaps someday I will visit Iceland too. Thank you for sharing 🙂

Level 7

Dear @Vanillaessence,
I hope you can ever visit this island and get a lot of pleasant impressions !!!

Katy Darhel

Hello @katydarhel@sinbadss15 said "very nice". You can easily translate languages using the language bar (below).

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 9.38.17 AM.png

The photos are so beautiful, thank you for sharing them! I want to go to Iceland one day, so these information are very helpful. What foods do you recommend to eat there?

Level 7

Hello @Atsukot,
Thanks for the advice on the translation. Honestly, I ate the usual food from the supermarket or food for breakfast at the hotel. But still, I would recommend mutton, whale and shark meat from local cuisine (I ate only mutton). Thanks for the compliment!!!

Have a nice day!!!

Katy Darhel

Good to know. Thank you so much! @katydarhel