DibyayanC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Fort William Swarnim Vijay Dwar, Kolkata

The magnificent architecture of the dwar (gate)The magnificent architecture of the dwar (gate)

The Swarnim Vijay Dwar is one of the entry gates to Fort William Kolkata  which was built during the early years of British administration in Kolkata and served as one of the British era military fortification. At present it is the head quarter of Eastern Command of Indian Army. The above mentioned gate was inaugurated by the Ministry of Defence to pay homage to the martyrs of 1971 Indo-Pak war on December 15, 2021. The gate is situated at the crossing of Dufferin Road and Indira Gandhi Sarani, formerly Red Road. The magnificent architecture of the gate will surely catch your eyes while traveling and passing from this place and if you look closer you'll see the four murals carved on the bottom portion of the gate signifying the four iconic events during the 1971 war such as:

1. Battle of Gangasagar
2. Signing the surrender document of Pakistan Army
3. The role of Indian Army
4. The role of Mukti Bahini Yoddhas

The gate is itself a pure piece of art and everyone must admire it and visit it.

Please Note: Entry inside the Fort William through this gate or any other gate is strictly prohibited without valid documents and references or permission as Fort William is a restricted area and managed by Indian Army. You can surely visit this place and see the gate from outside and take photos but please don't enter. Also, there is an army checkpoint at the entrance who will stop you and want to check your documents if you would like to enter.

Hope you enjoy the post. Tagging some of my fellow LG friends to this post - @TravellerG , @TerryPG , @Tushar_Suradkar , @Tandrima2 , @NareshDarji 

Thank you 😊

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
12 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Fort William Swarnim Vijay Dwar, Kolkata

Wonderful gate, wonderful photo and wonderful post 👍

I like the perspective @DibyayanC 

Level 10

Thank you @Tushar_Suradkar 😊

Connect Moderator

Nice picture of the gate!

Thank you for sharing your post with us @DibyayanC 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Thank you for tagging me @DibyayanC  this photo is awesome, Keep posting these great photos.

Level 10

Thank you @NareshDarji Bhai 😊

Level 8

Thank you so much @DibyayanC for tagging me in your post. You have gave wonderful historical references. Very good post👍

Level 10

Thank you @Tandrima2 😊

Level 10

Thank you @TerryPG 😊

Level 10

Really sorry for being late here, for the reasons known to you, dear friend @DibyayanC 

Yes, the Gate Photo is grand... Appreciate your efforts.

The narration also is informative and interesting = perfect. 

However, I suggest you to keep at least 3 photos for a reader to get engaged. 

Thank you very much for tagging me in your, definitely good post. 

Best wishes with prayers 

🙏🙏🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me