Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Frequently Used Words in Reviews now appear on Photos under POI

Screenshot_20230510-113702~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230510-113720~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230510-113805-01~2.jpeg

Google Maps now includes a helpful feature that displays frequently used words in reviews on quick Photos available under POI  like restaurants, cafes, and other businesses. This allows users to quickly get a sense of what people are saying about a particular location and can help them make more informed decisions about where to go. It also includes the frequency of word in brackets. So when you tap on text on the photo it will take you to the all reviews that have that highlighted word. This helps in reaching/locating the desired reviews right away without going to review section. The feature is easy to access and is a great addition to the already robust functionality of Google Maps. Suppose there are two similar POI but one remains congested and same is said in reviews frequently then you will see the word congested  under POI so you might prefer to go to the other similar POI.

Overall, this is a useful tool for anyone looking to explore new places or find out more about local businesses. 

5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Frequently Used Words in Reviews now appear on Photos under POI

A nice enhancement @Trail_blazer and it will certainly help Maps users make better informed decisions about where to go. Thank you for sharing.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Level 10

@MortenCopenhagen Thanks I tried searching this but I couldn't find and I missed that ig while browsing your posts. However I saw it for first time only today. I have been using maps everyday. I hope both posts offer more details to LGs.

Connect Moderator

👍🏻 All is good

Morten 

Connect Moderator

Nice feature and thank you for sharing @MortenCopenhagen @Trail_blazer 

I am going to check it out right away.