HinalLad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

From Kochi to Thekkady: A Day of Jungle Thrills! #PART 2

From Kochi to Thekkady: A Day of Jungle Thrills. 

Kerala: Part 2

#1 A view of an amazing waterfall on our way from Kochi to Thekkady .#1 A view of an amazing waterfall on our way from Kochi to Thekkady .

My journey from Kochi began with the gentle rhythm of a self-drive car, winding through emerald landscapes. But you can also choose a scenic bus journey, train ride or even a private taxi, depending on your preference and budget.

# 2 Abad Green Resort blends traditional Kerala charm with modern amenities, offering a haven for jungle adventures and serene spa indulgence.# 2 Abad Green Resort blends traditional Kerala charm with modern amenities, offering a haven for jungle adventures and serene spa indulgence.

We travelled from kochi to thekkady and upon arrival to Abad Green Resort they unfolded its warm embrace and it was almost afternoon. Imagine traditional Kerala architecture amidst sprawling gardens, the air alive with the chirping of birds. The resort itself is a heaven, offering Ayurvedic spa, a swimming pool, and delectable cuisine, and just outside the resort you can also find a corner of North Indian restaurants awaiting your presence. The friendly staff greeted us with a smile and presented an activity template, sparking our excitement for the day ahead.

#3 Wildlife peeks through the emerald canopy as your jeep safari unveils the untamed spirit of Thekkady.#3 Wildlife peeks through the emerald canopy as your jeep safari unveils the untamed spirit of Thekkady.

They booked us a jeep safari and got us ready for the ride. The highlight was undoubtedly the jeep safari. All the way bumping along dusty trails, we delved deep into the heart of the jungle, the air thick with anticipation. The jeep safari was  a sensory adventure, each turn revealing a new wonder.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, we savoured a delicious feast at Shree Krishna Hotel, and aroma of spices warming our souls.

#4 Abad Green Resort resort offers a variety of Ayurvedic spa packages, including massages, body wraps, and herbal treatments.#4 Abad Green Resort resort offers a variety of Ayurvedic spa packages, including massages, body wraps, and herbal treatments.

The adventure wasn't over yet. Kerala is renowned for its ancient Ayurvedic tradition, and Thekkady offers a variety of resorts and spas specializing in these holistic treatments. 

Some popular options include: Abad Green Resort:This resort offers a variety of Ayurvedic spa packages, including massages, body wraps, and herbal treatments.

We got back at the resort, and a rejuvenating spa treatment awaited, melting away all the stress. As I drifted off to sleep, the sounds of the jungle lulled me and a fitting end to a day steeped in nature's embrace.

#5 Sunbeams dance on steaming dosas and vibrant curries, fueling your Thekkady adventure at Abad Green Resort's delectable breakfast spread.#5 Sunbeams dance on steaming dosas and vibrant curries, fueling your Thekkady adventure at Abad Green Resort's delectable breakfast spread.

Morning Magic at Periyar Tiger Reserve:

#6 The heart of Periyar, where emerald waters mirror misty hills, and wildlife whispers secrets on a gentle boat ride.#6 The heart of Periyar, where emerald waters mirror misty hills, and wildlife whispers secrets on a gentle boat ride.

#7 At Periyar Tiger Reserve, binoculars magnify memories, while tiger-striped souvenirs whisper tales of your jungle escapade.#7 At Periyar Tiger Reserve, binoculars magnify memories, while tiger-striped souvenirs whisper tales of your jungle escapade.

You can elevate your wildlife viewing experience at Periyar Tiger Reserve by renting high-powered binoculars to witness distant wonders in stunning detail. Plus, you can also explore their merchandise corner for souvenirs and keepsakes, carrying a piece of your jungle adventure home. Remember, responsible viewing ensures animal well-being, so use binoculars ethically and enjoy the experience!

#8 The herds of deer paint the Periyar canvas, adding a touch of shy charm to your jungle voyage.#8 The herds of deer paint the Periyar canvas, adding a touch of shy charm to your jungle voyage.

Waking up to the chirping of birds, we embarked on the next leg of our journey – the Periyar Tiger Reserve. Booking online is recommended, but worry not, offline tickets are available for early birds. The boat ride on the serene lake was a spectacle in itself, glimpses of shy deer peeking from behind trees, majestic elephants bathing in mud pools, and a symphony of birdsong filling the air.

Overall, Thekkady is more than just a destination; it's an experience. From the thrill of the jeep safari to the serene spa treatments, it caters to every travel desire. As I bid farewell, I carried within me a piece of its magic – the warmth of the people, the vibrancy of the jungle, and the peace of the backwaters.

So, pack your bags, fellow travelers, and embark on your own Thekkady adventure.

@TravellerG @NareshDarji @Tushar_Suradkar @Tejal @Shrut19 @Rohan10 @ajitthite @Mukund_hirpara_ @Rushabh_Sindhav @RosyKohli 

Recommendations/ Tips / Optional descriptions:

1. Book a private taxi or self-drive car so as to avoid wasting time to reach thekkady.

(distance from kochi to thekkady-155 km, but it takes you more than 5 hours to reach thekkady by road)

1. Most affordable stay in thekkady: Abad Green Resort

Ambiance: Serene, nature-inspired with traditional Kerala architecture

Accommodation: Jungle cottages and modern rooms

Amenities: Swimming pool, Ayurvedic treatments, children's play area, multi-cuisine restaurant

Highlights: Proximity to wildlife reserve, spa services, delicious food, friendly staff.

Google maps location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/gdTynb4GUgH4zVxCA

Accessibility check:

1. Must-try spa services in Kerala: Other Specialized spa include Deep Tissue massage, Swedish massage and Aroma Therapy massage.

1. Try booking your tickets for Periyar Tiger Reserve in advance as you may sometimes be unable to get a booking offline.(especially if you are an early bird).

Accessibility check:

Google maps location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/WNZBjMttHdA4N2cW8

Online booking website: https://www.periyartigerreserve.org/Program/60b3aabd4ae36f35bd1f168f

* You can enhance your Wildlife watching by buying bionocluars available at Periyar Tiger Reserve!*

For a refundable deposit of Rs. 1000, you can gain access to  powerful                                                             bionocluars, offering:

• Magnified views: Get closer to the action, observing wildlife in stunning detail.
  • Enhanced clarity: Crisp optics ensure you don't miss a single feather or movement.
  • Lightweight design: Enjoy comfortable viewing throughout your exploration.

Remember:

• The deposit is fully refundable when you return the bionocluars in good condition.
  • Limited quantities are available, so inquire beforehand to secure yours.
  • Consider bringing your identification for the registration process.

-A list of North Indian restaurants near Abad Green Resort in Thekkady:

-Spice Garden Restaurant

-Hotel Annapoorna (I visited for having Gujarati thali). 

-Punjabi Tadka

-Thekkadi Kitchen etc.

Thekkady, Kerala, India
18 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: From Kochi to Thekkady: A Day of Jungle Thrills!

With so many facilities, great food, great views, wildlife, a spa, jungle trek, Kerala truly appears like God's Own Country through your photos @HinalLad.

The additional information like accessibility and travel tips make the post highly valuable and useful 👍

Level 7

Nice way of explaining all the details... @HinalLad 👌👍😊

Level 9

Betreff: From Kochi to Thekkady: A Day of Jungle Thrills!

@HinalLad 

Ein wunderschöner Reisebericht mit hervorragenden Fotos

Level 9

Excellent and we'll elaborated share. Could not go through each in detail but very impressive

Selfless Contribtor!!My Local Guide Profile @kinjalchhayaLocal Guide India
Level 8

Thank you @Tushar_Suradkar for a valuable feedback, it means a lot coming from a Moderator like you.

Level 8

Thanks @bhayani_naitik for reviewing my post!

Level 8

Betreff: From Kochi to Thekkady: A Day of Jungle Thrills!

Vielen Dank für die Durchsicht meines Beitrags @Annaelisa 

Level 8

Thanks @Kinjalchhaya for your kind words!

Level 9

That's very nice post covering all the aspects of the tour planning for Thekkady. I haven't done this part of Kerala yet. I will try it with the guidance from @TravellerG sir if possible. Let's see.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |