SebaasC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How about to visit an Argentinian 🍷 Winery?

Thanks of god i was born in a place where you can enjoy wines as the same level or also better than the most recognized places over the world.

Caption: Cabernet Sauvignon sign at Norton VineyardCaption: Cabernet Sauvignon sign at Norton Vineyard

Caption: red grape plantations in Salentein winery, Mendoza, Argentina.Caption: red grape plantations in Salentein winery, Mendoza, Argentina.

The five regions of Argentina where the most well known grapes are grown and the most exquisite wine is made are Catamarca and Salta, La Rioja, San Juan, Neuquèn  and Chubut and Mendoza.

My friends have been insisting for a long time that we should do the wine route, in one of these regions, in short, this trips are to go to taste wines, a lot of wine from different strains and eat, eat and eat the best dishes of Argentine cuisine.

So we went to Mendoza. Yesssssss. Mendoza is a place you don´t forget. 

Mendoza has a current network of approximately 150 wineries open to the public, tourism, mainly international. During our visits I met visitors from Germany, England, the United States, France, Australia, Brazil, in short people from all over the world who come not only for the excellent quality of wine and gourmet food but also attracted by the low cost of all these premium quality services that have nothing to envy to other first world countries.

The Wine Cellars.

One of the wine cellar we visited in our stay of only 3 days in Mendoza  was Salentein. We booked by the web site ( the only way to visit the cellars is by booking a visit , dinner or a wine taste by the web site) a 5 steps dinner, every step followed  by the appropriate wine.

Caption: Oak barrelCaption: Oak barrelCaption:  oak barrels when with storage wineCaption: oak barrels when with storage wineCaption: the cellar insideCaption: the cellar insideCaption: a  laid table, with the grapes plantation and the hills behind.Caption: a laid table, with the grapes plantation and the hills behind.Caption: main lobbyCaption: main lobbyCaption:  a water mirror and some sculptures in the main entrance  of the wine cellarCaption: a water mirror and some sculptures in the main entrance of the wine cellarCaption: art gallery  inside the restaurantCaption: art gallery inside the restaurantCaption:  service deskCaption: service desk

Caption:  Argentinian beef steak eye main courseCaption: Argentinian beef steak eye main courseCaption: breaded pink salmon with seeds entree plateCaption: breaded pink salmon with seeds entree plateCaption: path and entrance to the cellar.Caption: path and entrance to the cellar.Caption: glass of wthite sparkling wine, and  distance to the  principal wine producer countries.Caption: glass of wthite sparkling wine, and distance to the principal wine producer countries.Caption: restaurantCaption: restaurant

I leave here my review... Bodega Salentein

Generally, the visits to the wineries with lunch included are 4 or 5 hour walks,  they take almost a whole day.

Other of the wines cellars we visited was Norton.

Norton is a very old winery here in Argentina, which produces high level wines and also drinkable young wines for every day. The visit was really highly recommended, the food, the wine with each course and the walk after lunch among the vineyards and contemplating the mountains behind and breathing pure air are worth every minute of the visit. As in all cases, remember that the visits, lunches or tastings are always with previous reservations.

Caption: access by stairs to the main terrace.Caption: access by stairs to the main terrace.Caption: view from the terrace to the vineyardsCaption: view from the terrace to the vineyards

Caption: some of the offer winesCaption: some of the offer winesCaption: a glass with Malbec red wineCaption: a glass with Malbec red wineCaption :  Argentinian roast veal dishCaption : Argentinian roast veal dishCaption: Argentinian  beef steak eyeCaption: Argentinian beef steak eyeCaption: crumble dessertCaption: crumble dessert

Caption: Carpaccio with orange  segments and  teriyaki sauceCaption: Carpaccio with orange segments and teriyaki sauce

Caption: laid table, behind the vineyards and hillsCaption: laid table, behind the vineyards and hills

Caption: Local Guide SebaasC making a toast, behind the vineyards and hill of Mendoza.Caption: Local Guide SebaasC making a toast, behind the vineyards and hill of Mendoza.

Here is my review... Bodegas Norton 

As always all the photos in this post were taken by me. And you can fin all of then uploaded to Google Maps.

Closing so as not to bore you, I recommend visiting this beautiful place of my loved Argentina, anyway with a single visit you cannot visit the number of wineries there are, but it is a truly unforgettable experience.

I'm not going to end the publication asking questions, I just hope you enjoyed it, as much as I enjoyed sharing with you,

Regards from Argentina...

 ROSARIO - ARGENTINA
Mendoza, Capital, Mendoza, Argentina
8 comments
Level 8

Re: How about to visit an Argentinian 🍷 wine cellar?

@SebaasC que genial publicación 👌, los vinos argentinos son los mejores del mundo,segundo Francia ajjajajajajha. Y las fotos geniales!!! Saludos sebas 🇦🇷

Level 9

Hola amigo ,  gracias por comentar! Me alegro que te guste la publicación!

Tenemos tantas cosas hermosas en nuestro país , y tantas que me faltan visitar!

Abrazo de gol! 🇦🇷

@Maximilianozalazar 

 ROSARIO - ARGENTINA
Level 9

@SebaasC  Salud. Muy bueno el post.

Ponlo en tu lista, Visitar a Puerto Rico ✈
Level 10

@SebaasCWhat a fantastic post!

SANJAY KUMAR DATTA
Level 9

Salud! Rafa! 🍷

La realidad es que recuerdo que en esos días brindamos tantas veces , levantando la copa! 😆😆

Gracias por comentar.

Abrazo!

@Nosaint2_Rafael_Fe 

 ROSARIO - ARGENTINA
Level 9

Hi @SanjayBDLG ! Hope you are doing great!

Thanks for your comment, glad you like the post!

See you!  

 ROSARIO - ARGENTINA
Level 9

Re: How about to visit an Argentinian 🍷 Winery?

No había leído tu post @SebaasC !

Impresionante las fotos de las bodegas! Todo muy fino cuidando el detalle!!

Me imagino que no sólo a mí me habrá sorprendido el gran plato de ternera, no sólo por su aspecto (se ve delicioso) sino por su tamaño!!

Muy lindo viaje!!

Sabías que mi abuelo fue dueño de una bodega sanjuanina cuyos vinos llegaron a venderse en CABA? Me acuerdo más de los olores al recorrerla que de sus imágenes. Era chica cuando se vendió.

Saludos!!

Mauje
Level 9

Re: How about to visit an Argentinian 🍷 Winery?

Hola Mauge! Gracias por tus palabras!

Cómo vos decís todo muy cuidado, la comida de primera y una experiencia que vale la pena hacerla.

Por otro lado , también cuando visitas una bodega logras tomar dimensión de lo que cuesta realmente hacer un buen vino. El proceso es extenso , costoso y lleva gran cantidad de gente involucrada.

En fin recomendable.

Me imagino los recuerdos se haber recorrido una bodega familiar! Te envidio!!!

Gracias por pasar por la publicación!

@EugeGallardo 

 ROSARIO - ARGENTINA