prasanna1706's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How to prevent Google Maps from asking for review if user has only searched a place but not visited.

Whenever s user searches for a place in Google Maps, it asks for sharing review of the place. Can Google Maps ensure it asks user for review only for the place he or she visited?

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to prevent Google Maps from asking for review if user has only searched a place but not visi

@prasanna1706 I don't think there's a way to do that. Has it been doing that for you? Have you been visiting near the area where the store/shop's location?

Usually for me it will ask when I'm visiting the area of the place (even though I didn't actually go in), which is acceptable since it's hard to actually determine based on location.

Level 9

Re: How to prevent Google Maps from asking for review if user has only searched a place but not visi

Hi @prasanna1706 

I am not sure if this would help you, but worth to give it a try.

In your iPhone go to setting and scroll down to Google Maps. Choose location sharing. Make sure that Precise Location is on. (I don’t know how to do it in Android l)

all the best

Level 9

Thanks for the response.

Forget about going to a place nearby. My point here is even if you search a place where you haven't been, Google Maps will ask for review of that place.

Level 9

It's not about precise location. Even if I've searched for a place but not visited, Google Maps will ask your rate and review that place.

Connect Moderator

@prasanna1706 

I experience the same issue.  And like @iyudhi I don't think there is a setting to avoid this.

In general I systematically avoid all prompts from Google Maps as many of them suggest users to take actions that are against the guidelines issued by Google.  Reviewing a place we never visited and uploading photos that we have already uploaded are examples of this.

Fingers crossed that staff will read this and take the nessesary action.

Cheers

Morten 

Level 9

Betreff: How to prevent Google Maps from asking for review if user has only searched a place but not

@prasanna1706  I experience the same, not only pushing for reviews or photos, but also to respond to questions for places, I didn't even get close to.

I agree, this is really nasty and disturbing.

Willfried
My Contributions