Herve_Andrieu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

I'm joining the billionaires' club

Screenshot_20200706-213545_Maps.jpg

About 4 years after I started actively participating to Google Maps, I finally join the billionaires' club with my first billion views.

This has been a demanding climb to reach such a number of views, with thousands of miles in my car and on top of my electric unicycle to visit over 30,000 POIs out of which more than a third never had a picture before I visited them. Days and days of visiting places and then posting on Google Maps, making the necessary corrections (3,400+ approved edits) and additions (600+). Nearly every day for the past 2 years I have been posting on Google Maps. I think there used to be a counter that was saying how many weeks you've been active, but I have not seen it for a long time.

During my "Google Maps" tours, I met with all sorts of people having mostly nice chats about so various things. I also got pulled over multiple times by the local police of the places I was visiting and who were doubtful someone was crazy enough to volunteer their time to take pictures for Google Maps, while some other police officers were just baffled by the use of an electric unicycle to move around their city... The best encounter so far was in Murphy, NC where I was invited to share a beer by some of the locals in an absolutely fantastic man-cave called the Mystic.

The weather in Florida is currently too warm so I am taking a break from taking massive amounts of pictures for the next 2 months, but I am still quite busy posting new content with thousands of pictures still waiting in my backlog.

http://maps.app.goo.gl/uSrcEwiYehnAxzRX8

Next upcoming goals: 1,000,000 points (ie 10 times level 10, hopefully sometime in 2021), 10 billion views (estimated for 2023) and then 1,000,000 contributions 😎

Delray Beach, FL, USA
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: I'm joining the billionaires' club

This is a real amazing figure @Herve_Andrieu 

Fantastic and it shows as well, that many years of ongoing contribution are the base for such an achievement!!!

Congratulation! I'm trying the best to be soon with you in the same club 😉

Best regards from Germany

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

Hey @Herve_Andrieu 

A hearty congratulations to you🤝🏾🥂

It's a great milestone to achieve really. I am trying my best too, but just got about 300,000 views so far.

So I have a long way to go but am not complaining it may be slow but I will be steady too.

Enjoy your achievement and stay at it,keep posting and editing. Kudos 👍🏽

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Congratulations @Herve_Andrieu !!

i  was excited when I got to 10 million photo views, just one percent of yours!  Keep up the fantastic work!

Greetings from California 

Level 10

very amazing, very awesome @Herve_Andrieu 

Wisnu Salman from Indonesia
Level 8

Connect Moderator

Congratulations on the achievement @Herve_Andrieu and best wishes for the next milestone.

~Greetings from New Delhi

Connect Moderator

Congratulations on your amazing achievement @Herve_Andrieu.  You should read Leaderboards of the Most Viewed Photos!

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 10

شكرا لكم 

تستحق التكريم 👍🏻🌹

B