HinalLad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Kerala: A journey for your senses! #PART 1

Kerala Trip: Part 1#1 A poster describing the various aspects of Kerala.#1 A poster describing the various aspects of Kerala.

#2 A picture of the boat through which you travel to fort kochi, along with the return tickets picture that cost us only Rs.12/- per person.#2 A picture of the boat through which you travel to fort kochi, along with the return tickets picture that cost us only Rs.12/- per person.

Kerala adventure began the moment my boat sliced through the aquamarine waters, Kochi beckoning with open arms. It isn't just a tapestry of history; it's a vibrant city pulsing with life and fragrant spices.

My first day dawned with a gentle rhythm: a boat slicing through emerald waters, transporting me from bustling jetty to Fort Kochi, its colonial heart.

#3 A picture of the jew lane, Pardesi Synagogue and exquisite antiques.#3 A picture of the jew lane, Pardesi Synagogue and exquisite antiques.

Jew Town:

We visited the Jew town (lane) first where I could see exquisite antique shops adorned the lane, their treasures shimmering like forgotten dreams. It is a narrow street in Kochi, between Mattancherry Palace and the Pardesi Synagogue.

#4 A picture of the majestic Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica.#4 A picture of the majestic Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica.

Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica:

As we entered the gate of the church, sunlight streamed through stained glass windows and bathing the majestic Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica in an ethereal glow. There centuries of devotion resonated in its silent prayers.

#5 A picture of the St. Francis Church.#5 A picture of the St. Francis Church.

Vasco da Gama Street & St. Francis Church:

The church is the oldest European church in India, with its weathered walls guarding centuries of secrets. The church is  not open for visiting anytime. You can just take pictures from outside of the church.

#6 A picture of the Chinese fishing nets and fishes out for sale..#6 A picture of the Chinese fishing nets and fishes out for sale..

Chinese Fishing Nets: I reached the iconic Chinese fishing nets to view the silhouettes of fishermen against the fiery sky danced with age-old rhythm, a scene painted by time itself. As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows on the water, it was an amazing scene by the shore.

#7 The views whiles travelling back from Fort Kochi.#7 The views whiles travelling back from Fort Kochi.

Back to Kochi: The vibrant Kochi skyline greeted me upon return, twinkling like scattered jewels and the day's experiences swirled within me, a mosaic of colonial whispers, fragrant lanes, and the timeless dance of nets against the twilight sea.

This is just the beginning of my Kerala adventure. Stay tuned for more stories from my journey through backwaters, hill stations, and spice plantations. In the meantime, tell me - what are your favourite memories of Kochi? Have you ever experienced the magic of Kerala? Share your stories in the comments below!

Come let's embark on a virtual journey with me to Kerala LG's: @NareshDarji @TravellerG @ajitthite @Tejal @Tushar_Suradkar 

@Shrut19 @Mukund_hirpara_ @Rushabh_Sindhav @Onkarjadhav @Rohan10 

Kochi, Kerala, India
38 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Kerala: A journey for your senses!

An excellent photo journey through the various landscapes of Kerala.

Art, food, and culture are nicely covered in the photos @HinalLad.

I visited Munnar Tea gardens and Houseboat in Alappuzha but did not spend time in Kochi, no memories there. 😊

Connect Moderator

Excellent travel post! @HinalLad 

Kerala is in my bucket list and I'm really excited to plan my trip next year with @TravellerG sir. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Wow... That is really a great one... Dear @HinalLad,

Well conceived, written and presented... 

Congratulations! 

Though stamp size, the photos are nice... 

Yes, waterways are extremely cost effective but is slow moving; of course, Kochi to Fort Kochi, the boat is much faster!

You have written in enjoyable English - very poetically worded! Much appreciated!!

Of course, I have been to Fort Kochi many times... I don't have a photo to add here now...but will add later... 

Did you hire a travel agency for your trip or you selected the destinations? 

Regards with greetings... 

🙏🙏‌.

I'm tagging our friends who like this types of posts:

@PattyBlack @renata1 @Nachiket_methre @PrasadVR and @AnubhaBangia 🙏❤️👍

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

@HinalLad I will definitely contact you whenever I get time and feel like going to Kerala

Level 10

Naresh Ji... It will be my honour to assist you in Kerala... Welcome... 

Yes, a great destination for beaches, backwaters, sanctuaries, Hillstations and much more... 

I'm sure we will be getting a very good walk through by our @HinalLad... 

Thanks for mentioning me, dear @NareshDarji Ji... 

Greetings to you both... 

🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Thank you sir for your kind words. @TravellerG I had planned the trip to kerala on my own without a travel agency and, also hired a self drive car throughout my 10 days stay in Kerala.

Level 8

Thank you for your kind words! @Tushar_Suradkar .

In the upcoming Parts 2&3 you will find my travel journeys through Munnar and Alleppey back waters. Stay tuned!

Level 8

Thank you @NareshDarji and I must say Kerala is a must-visit place in your life time.

Level 8

Sure, anytime @Mukund_hirpara_ !