الصورة النجمة  @AdamGT 

قبل سنتين 

محمود علوان ، مصر ، العاشر من رمضان.
Level 8

Re: Leaderboards of the Top 100 Most Viewed Photos

Connect Moderator

Re: Iberostar Grand Packard

Hi @alainrc2005

Thanks for your comment and photo of the Iberostart Grand Packard Hotel, La Habana, Cuba.  For full details on how to participate on the leaderboards please read procedure detailed in the documentation.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Hi @Obaidur_Rahman 

Thanks for your comment and photo of the Jamia Hamdard Central Library.  For full details on how to participate on the leaderboards please read the procedure detailed in the documentation.

Level 8

Hi Adam, 

I filled my form with all the details for Star Photo. 

Thanks, 

Obaidur Rahman

Level 6

file:///C:/Users/Rachana/OneDrive%20-%20accelQ%20Software%20Solutions%20India%20Pvt.%20Ltd/Desktop/Most%20Viewd%20Picture.PNG

Connect Moderator

Hi @rachanadhekane 

I'm not sure what the link you provided is however let me say that if you wish to participate on the leaderboards then you should start by read the procedure detailed in the documentation.

Level 8

Hi @AdamGT       

Here's my star photo as of September 8th, 2021 with a view count of 2,013,907

• A screenshot or photo of your "star photo" Screenshot_20210908-180138_Maps.jpg

• The Maps Category : Chinese Restaurant Store Front
  • Date of your Star Photo - Photo taken 4 years ago on Wednesday January 4th 2017 @ 3:44pm (meta)
  • Tell us if this is your best photo. - No, personally I feel I have many other more appealing photos. However, I believe I am starting to understand the increasing relevance of these type of photos - deeming themselves more informative and useful.
  • Tell us why you think it's your "star photo".  Because it helps maps users who navigate in their vehicle to quickly identify the destination. While driving you want your eyes on the road and the foreground and not on your maps app device. So photos of landmarks or storefronts provide easy recognition.  Knowing what your looking for beforehand is helpful.
  • The important factors that contribute to photo view stats. Recently this photo among a few others following a similar criteria have spiked in view counts on my profile surpassing my older "better" photos. The common denominator is that they are all store fronts. So there's something occuring with my photos where users are wanting to know or see their destination beforehand, I believe. Like I mentioned all my store front type photos have spiked rapidly recently. 
  • What camera did you use Google Pixel f/2.0 1/433 4.67mm ISO 50

Sorry for the photo was taken in portrait mode. A landscape screen shot really didn't make it look any better without zooming in so I felt the better option was to use the existing screen cap. attached. Please let me know if I need to change anything. Thanks for your consideration. 

Level 10

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 8.38.14 PM.png

Hi Adam, happy Wednesday and hope you had a great Labor Day Holiday. I'm excited for the Star Boards initiative. It's fun seeing what others have added, and I would love to be included into the Star Photos leaderboards.

This photo was taken with my phone.

I had driven by this plaza a few times and was curious to explore.

I made sure to get to the plaza early before it opened. This way, I could take a clear photo without people or cars in the views. I went about 9 am that day. I didn't want to go too early or else the lighting would be very dim.

The Italian store in the picture is a small business and not many people know about it as much as other brand name stores. 
While most photos were of the inside and the food, my shot captured the storefront, so people who are looking for it can know what to look for and find it easier. I was happy to see the impact it with the 4 plus million views 

Something funny also happened the day I was taking those pictures. An owner of another store in the plaza came out to ask me what I was doing, and I explained to him I was talking about Local Guides and what we do. It was great how Local Guides connected us two and how I was able to share the Maps program with others. 

Connect Moderator

We all appreciate you doing your best regarding adding a screenshot of your star photo and its star views @Calvin and while you have provided many details about it along the lines of the original procedure of participating on the most viewed photos post, using the new data entry form procedure means that you do not have to provide the detail that you have when you post your star photo screenshot.  the main advantage of the new procedure centered on the data entry form, is that it standardizes the format of all responses and this makes it easier to provide more detailed analysis of those responses.  This analysis will come once we get through a few cycles of the new procedure.