christophesubilia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Level 9, and +60m views : It's really exciting !

Christophe Subilia, local guide from Switzerland is now Level 9 on the Local Guides programChristophe Subilia, local guide from Switzerland is now Level 9 on the Local Guides program

When I started the local guides program, I could never have imagined how much it has enabled me to achieve !

Less than a fortnight ago, I passed an important milestone as I reached level 9 ! The number of the level is not important, but it allows you to realise the path and the exciting encounters. The most important thing for me are the human exchanges and it's really cool to know that I can help people with authentic pictures & reviews.

My top view - 3.7m view - 2019 - an electronic shopping center in Crisser, Switzerland

Top view from Christophe SubiliaTop view from Christophe Subilia

My stats to date (10.2020)

+63m views on all my pictures (5600)

+800k views on all my reviews (760)

+3m views on places that I added

How did I get views on my photos?

What I have noticed is that shop and restaurant fronts are important to people. Put a picture of a storefront in Google Maps is always important if it doesn't exist.
 Picture of Great Escape Bar in Lausanne Switzerland took by Christophe SubiliaPicture of Great Escape Bar in Lausanne Switzerland took by Christophe Subilia
Here is a photo of a bar in Lausanne, Switzerland. Usually there is a lot of people in the place, especially in the evening. I took this photo in the middle of the summer during the day and it allows people to see the possibilities inside. That's why it generated so many views in my opinion.

The photos of the dishes with a description of the dish are important to add as is the photo of the menu. In general, it is still quite rare to have a clear understanding of the dishes on offer and what it looks like in restaurants.

Pictures that bring a different value are also very important. For example, if you are in a pizzeria and there are only pictures of pizzas, it is interesting to put a picture of the layout of the tables in the restaurant.

Finnaly, I advise you not to adding photos that already exist, it's useless and doesn't bring anything (only points but it's not the number one goal for me).

If I have an advice to earn more local guide points ?

When you are in a restaurant or where there are dishes. Don't add them directly in the main section photos of the establishments, but go under the dishes section and add the photos that correspond to the dish, quoting the dish. If you put a photo here with the description, you will win +13pts.
I love going to restaurants so maybe that's how I earned many points. 😆

When level 10 will be achived for me ?

As I said before, I don't care about the number of levels. It is rather the quality of the messages and photos. As level 10 corresponds to the same points as levels 1 to 9 combined, it may take some time but it will all depend on the experiences I will make such as local restaurants, trips and discoveries...

How do you can find and follow myself on Google Maps as a local guide?

You can click here to check and follow me as Local Guide on Google Maps

➡️And you, what is your level and your next goals ?

Check and follow me as Local Guide on Google Maps
I'm a Local Guide because I love #help #share #discover #travel

I'm from Lausanne, Switzerland and live in Vevey, Switzerland
Other content here : Application video 2020 | My Connect Live 2019 experience| christophesubilia.com | Instagram

#frenchlocalguides
Vevey, Switzerland
25 comments
Level 9

Re: Level 9, and +60m views : It's really exciting !

Сongratulations @christophesubilia 

It is perfect job! 

I regularly way h your contribution to Google Maps! 

I like your photos and reviews! 

I wish you great success and good luck! 

Level 9

Félicitations @christophesubilia  pour avoir atteint un nouveau niveau 👏👏👏👏

Ce n'est pas facile et cela demande beaucoup, beaucoup, beaucoup de motivation et de dévouement.

Merci pour tes bons conseils et pour partager les meilleures pratiques afin d'être un Local Guides vraiment utile pour la communauté.

Félicitations encore 👍👍👍 #frenchlocalguides 

Level 9

Hi @helga19 ! Thank you so much for you feeding back 😊

I wish all the success for you too ! 🌟

Other content here : Application video 2020 | My Connect Live 2019 experience| christophesubilia.com | Instagram

#frenchlocalguides
Level 9

Hey @DavidTerronPla !

Merci beaucoup pour ton commentaire. Yes ça demande beaucoup de temps mais qu'on on est passionné c'est vrai que l'on oublie cela.

Tu progresses aussi rapidement et bravo pour la qualité de tes propositions ! 👍🏻

#frenchlocalguides
Connect Moderator

Congratulations @christophesubilia, very nice milestone indeed 🎉! Keep doing the good job, quality vs quantity as you very well said 😉.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 9

Thank you so much @LuigiZ !

Always quality before quantity 🌟

#frenchlocalguides
Connect Moderator

Well done and a BIG congratulations on your double Level 9 and +60m views achievement @christophesubilia.  What I also like is that you have done some deep thinking and analysis on your contributions and shared them with the community.  That's a great way to go!  We now all look forward to hearing when you join the Level 10 club 😉

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 9

Oh @AdamGT  thank you so much 🌟

Haha for level 10 it's difficult to say when but more I add content and I see results more I want to push another.. So it can be more fast than I expected.

#frenchlocalguides
Connect Moderator

Congratulations @christophesubilia 

You are doing great. Keep contributing and helping...

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.