NomadicSatyam's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Mahashivratri Festival

Three Photo Collage Family Canvas.gif

(My Village Shiva Temple, Nandi , My Falahaar)

Happy Mahashivratri to all of you 

Today on February 18, one of the major festivals of Hindus, Mahashivaratri festival was celebrated. It is mentioned in the Puranas that this holy day was the day when Adiyogi Shiva was married to Parvati, the daughter of the Himalayas. 

According To Mythology ( Puranas)

Shiva- He is worshiped in Hinduism as the god of destruction. Mount Kailash is considered to be the abode of Lord Shiva, no mountaineer has been able to climb Mount Kailash till date. Moon in hair, Snake named Vasuki around the neck , Damru in one hand and Trishul in the other , rides a bull named Nandi , Kartikeya and Ganesh are the two sons of Mahadev. 

Hindus fast on this holy day and eat Falahaar , Only special things are consumed during the fast. Although Shivratri falls every month, but according to the Hindu calendar, Shivratri that occurs during the Falgun month is called Mahashivratri.  

Gray Neutral Minimalist Beautiful Women Fashion Photo Collage.gif(Day View , Night View, Shivling)

Shivling- Shivling is the supernatural representation of Lord Shiva.

Parvati- Parvati Is Wife Of Hindu God Shiva Also Known As Mata Sati, Maa Durga , Maa Kaali , Maa Jagdamba ,Maa Mahadevi.

Mother Parvati is the goddess of beauty, love, harmony, affection, sacrifice, dedication. 

Nandi- Guardian deity of Mount Kailash and Vehicle of Lord Shiva. 

Ganesh- First worshiper in Hinduism And is worshiped as the son of Mother Parvati and Shiva. god of new beginnings, giver of wisdom, remover of obstacles Also known as Vighanharta. 

Tandav- It is a dance performed by Lord Shiva. It is a divine dance.

This festival is celebrated as the great night of Shiva, many devotees and saints perform spiritual practice on this night. This holy Hindu festival is celebrated annually in the honor of Lord Shiva.

As much information as I could share with you, tell me if there is any mistake, I am getting this information since childhood. 

May the blessings of Lord Shiva be with all , Har Har Mahadev 🙏🚩🕉

Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh, India
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Mahashivratri Festival

Well written post, dear @NomadicSatyam.

You have covered this difficult topic in simple way & that too in complete.

Congratulations.

Appreciate your efforts & dedication.

Belated Happy Shivratri to you all the readers.

Prayerful regards...

🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

Re: Mahashivratri Festival

really enjoyed reading your post @NomadicSatyam . well written utkarsh bhai

Prince
Team Delhi
TeamIndia

want to be a guest host in the #SportsOnMapsChallenge
click here- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePkFc34SSYnpGbhmp90KrxpPz5YrW58L_E66KG0Bk6RJ4TwQ/viewform?usp=sf_link