cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Meditation Park @ Mahabodhi Temple, Bodhgaya, Bihar, India

DSC00168.JPG

Meditation Park @ Mahabodhi Temple, Captured on 30th May,2023

Meditation Park is situated on the premises of Mahabodhi Temple, Bodhgaya. Nearest railway station of Bodhgaya is Gaya Junction. In the morning of 30th May, 2023 I took shairing auto for Bodhgaya from Gaya Junction as I was staying in railway retiring room. Distance from Gaya Jn. to Bodhgaya is 12 kms and shairing auto charge is only Rs. 40 per passenger. From auto stand, Bodhgaya the Mahabodhi Temple is at walking distance and it took hardly 3 to 4 minutes to reach temple.The entry to Mahabodhi Temple is free but  the entry fee for the Meditation Park is ₹ 25. But it is useful only when you know meditation, because neither there is any person here nor any poster etc. to give information related to meditation. Yes, the environment of Meditation Park is very nice and suitable for meditation. My review of the meditation garden is here 

DSC00159.JPG

A Bell in the Meditation Garden

====================================================================================================================

As discussed above The Meditation Park is inside the Mahabodhi Temple. Just behind the temple, there is a tree where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment, Temple Premises is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the ancient Buddhist temples. The temple has inscriptions from the Ashoka period which date back to 232 BC. Here you can sit peacefully under the Mahabodhi tree. People take the leaves of this tree for worship.Here is some pics of Temple Premises. All the pics were captured by me on 30th May,2023.

FB_IMG_1685898221427.jpg

Statue of Buddha inside the temple 

FB_IMG_1685898214125.jpg

 Mahabodhi Temple 

FB_IMG_1685898228712.jpg

Bodhi Tree under which Buddha got enlightenment 

FB_IMG_1685898234198.jpg

Photo showing the points where the feet of Buddha was lying 

Krishna Kant Sharma

Maps 

Instagram  

Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
8 comments
Level 9

Re: Meditation Park @ Mahabodhi Temple, Bodhgaya, Bihar, India

if can tell us how can we reach there will be helpful  

Manoj Mathew
Level 10

@2401Thanks for the post.

SANJAY KUMAR DATTA
Level 10

Hello @2401 ,

You capture this post very well. You are doing a great job by spreading the Pride of Bihar' through this post.

Many in our country and outside in the world love to know and study about the great Buddha. This is a stepping stone towards that.

Well done once again.

Keep building informed community stronger together.

JAI HO!!!

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Level 8

@Kumaarsantosh Thank you for your motivating words.🙂

Krishna Kant Sharma

Maps 

Instagram  

Level 8

@SanjayBDLG welcome🙂 and thank you for your reply to this post

Krishna Kant Sharma

Maps 

Instagram  

Level 8

Thank you @manu_m for your suggestions. I have edited my post and tried to  incorporate your suggestions.

Krishna Kant Sharma

Maps 

Instagram  

Level 8

Thank you for sharing a tranquil and beautiful park 🏞️, @2401.

I'm interested in the history of the temple 🛕and who built this magnificent and geometric architecture. 😲

Haocheng
Level 8

Thank you for your comments @hlin454 I will add the info and inform you 

Krishna Kant Sharma

Maps 

Instagram