Ustrell's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My public lists are missing from Google Maps

I created some public lists but I’m not able to retrieve them, neither searching in Maps or Google, even searching for the exact name of the list. Where is the right place to access public lists? What I’m doing wrong??

One example is: “

Barcelona’s best Donuts & Cinnamon rolls”

Thanks for your help

Jordi
10 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: The best lists created by Connect Live attendees

Hello @Ustrell,

To see your lists you should open Google Maps on your computer, Click Menu > Your places > Saved.

You should ensure that your list is public  You should set your list to "anyone with the link can view" or to public. To do so, click Share list and then choose How to Share. Be sure to click Get link. To decide how easy your list is to find, click Sharing options.

Visit the Google Maps Help Center to learn more about lists.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Thanks @Deskata for your answer. 
The lists I refer have all the attributes you mention, all are set as Public. This is one example: https://www.google.com/maps/placelists/list/iVnYwN2i9gm2aKaGdrJM1FPWWDOKtw

Even though, I do not reach them searching in maps neither in Google, and the same if the search is done by another person. Is this ok?

Thanks again

Jordi

@Ustrell what kind of device are you using to search for the lists? Is it a phone, tablet, or computer?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hello @Deskata I use mobile (iphone) with Gmaps and Chrome for both searches

Jordi

Hey @Ustrell,

An out-of-date app can cause performance issues, especially if you haven't updated in a long time. 

It's easy to update Google Maps on an iPhone:

1. Go into the App Store.

2. Tap "Updates," located in the bottom-right corner of the screen.

3. If you see the Maps app listed there, tap "Get Updates" next to it.

4. Enter your password to continue and press "Okay" to confirm your choice.

If the above doesn't work, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone. And if you're still having issues, you should try restarting your iPhone.

Let me know if it worked.

P.S.: I moved the your comment to a separate thread in the How-tos board where it fits better.

Level 10

Hi @Deskata,

Brilliant support, thanking you !!

Level 10

Thanks @Deskata for your interest and help. 
I’ll try to describe the problem because I think is not matter of the app I use, because I found it not only in my phone, but also using the phones of relatives, using both iPhones & Android devices. 
First, I can see my own lists public and private. 
What I can’t do, is to retrieve one of my public lists when I search them in the search bar of Google Maps neither on Google. And it happens the same to all the users I asked for help.  
For example, I published a year ago one list under the name “

Barcelona’s best Donuts & Cinnamon rolls”, I can watch going to My lists, but no body sees it searching Google Maps. You can try it and I supose that you will not find it. 
Thats it. Thanks a lot 

Jordi
Level 10

Hi @Deskata @Aruni @Bobiisha @TraciC,

Thanks for your wonderful support, may any of you do a gentle favor, kindly peruse my lists if anything wrong please suggest, looking advise from the wise. And do let me know how far I'm from the Connect Live application.

Level 10

Hi @Dadeska @Bobiisha,

I am glad for your wonderful insight and constant support, please respond to my request which is not clear to me, thanks.