AnubhaBangia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

National Rail Museum - Celebrating India and Railways!

Hello Everyone

Here I am with my another Connect post, sharing with you all, my experience at the recent visit:  

"National Rail Museum - New Delhi".

This post is dedicated as a  "A Big Thank You to Indian Railways and all the staff members who work for its improvement and operations"!🙏 Salute to all of them!🙏

Banner Creatives by Me!  So, self promoting!Banner Creatives by Me! So, self promoting!

I took a cab from Gurugram and reached the place in approx 40 mins and took a ticket from their counter. 

Ticket Counter at National Rail Museum!Ticket Counter at National Rail Museum!

The ticket price chart. For now, simulators and toy train is not available. You can also book tickets online through the National Rail Museum official website. I prefer from the counter!

Ticket Price ChartTicket Price Chart

Took the ticket and get it checked at the entry gate. Wheelchair is available at the entry gate. Only one wheelchair is available. 👍

Wheelchair Available at the Entry Gate.Wheelchair Available at the Entry Gate.

The first thing, I took the joy ride which covers the place beautifully and lets to explore different engines and train coaches. Video towards the end of the post. 

The Joy Train which lets to explore the history of Indian Railways!The Joy Train which lets to explore the history of Indian Railways!

Then, I went to museum which has all the depth of Indian Railways and lets you to capture its history and how the Indian Railways have improved over the period of time. Video at the end of the post!

Entry of National Rail Museum!Entry of National Rail Museum!

After exploring the museum, its time to some shopping, so went to "Souvenir Shop"!

Souvenir Shop - which has railways related items like books, keychains, magnets and so on!Souvenir Shop - which has railways related items like books, keychains, magnets and so on!

Being a super fan of Bollywood or Global Actor/Star - "Mr. ShahRukh Khan" (SRK), I am sure the world knows about him and his Bollywood movies. I could not resist myself and took this capture. Highlighting a  connection between Indian movies and Railways. 

Indian Railways with the punch of Indian movies!Indian Railways with the punch of Indian movies!

There is a small snaking counter, which had the softy ice cream counter, that is for a quick snack bites. 

A small shop for a Quick Bites!A small shop for a Quick Bites!

But, I went to their restaurant which offers affordable multi cuisine dishes! A wheelchair can reach the restaurant but there is also stairs which can be little uneasy for wheelchair navigation. 

Interiors of the restaurant which has affordable multi cuisine dishes!!Interiors of the restaurant which has affordable multi cuisine dishes!!

I ordered French fries, OMG, that was so tasty and fresh!

French Fries with the sprinkle of magic and spicy masala!French Fries with the sprinkle of magic and spicy masala!

There is an ample seating arrangement across the place. 

Seating Arrangements at the place!Seating Arrangements at the place!

Lets explore the entire journey through this video. I am sure you will also enjoy!

👨‍✈️: Polite and Helpful Staff. 

AnubhaBangia_0-1714749460450.png: Public Transport easily accessible. 

AnubhaBangia_1-1714749496122.pngAnubhaBangia_2-1714749496127.pngFood cleanliness and hygienic level just met expectations. 

AnubhaBangia_3-1714749603288.png: Well kept washrooms. There is no special washroom for physically disabled person. 

🎍: The interiors were clean, fragrant and hygienic.  

🏢: Auditorium is also available. Many private and government events have happened at this auditorium.  

Tagging mentors, moderators and local guides for their reviews and inputs 

@TravellerG @PrasadVR @Gurukrishnapriya @NareshDarji , @AZ_2021 @Tushar_Suradkar @Annaelisa @Rohan10 @ajitthite @GasparKaren 

I am sure, you must have enjoyed my travel diary!

I would love to hear from everyone whom I could not take due to tag limitations! 

Happy Guiding!

Happy Travelling!

#Local Guides

New Delhi, Delhi, India
17 comments
Level 7

Re: National Rail Museum - Celebrating India and Railways!

Also, tagging mentors @RosyKohli @Shrut19 @plavarda @TerryPG @MayuriKubal  for their review and inputs. I would love to hear from them! Hoping you would all enjoy my connect post!

Connect Moderator

Wonderful post on the most amazing museum in Delhi @AnubhaBangia 

All photos and the video are superb 👍

Accessibility features are also perfectly covered.

Reminded me of my visit there 3-4 years ago.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Museum-9-on-Delhi-Metro-Pink-Line-National-...

Tushar_Suradkar_0-1714752770852.jpeg

Level 9

Betreff: National Rail Museum - Celebrating India and Railways!

@AnubhaBangia

Ein informativer Beitrag über dieses interessante Museum und mit den schönen Bildern gut dargestellt.

Beim Video haben mir vor allem die Außenaufnahmen mit der passenden Musik sehr gut gefallen.

Connect Moderator

Nice post again! @AnubhaBangia 

It looks like the NAtional Rail Museum is the best place to visit in Delhi.

Thanks for sharing your post with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Great post @AnubhaBangia . Wonderfully presented and covered nicely. It is great to know that the museum is accessible

It remained me the Railway museum of Nagpur. I have conducted accessible meet up there. Thank you so much for sharing with us. 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 7

It feels great that my efforts are by being appreciated  @Tushar_Suradkar Sir and Glad that you liked the points covered in the post! Great to see your captures as well, nothing has changed, it is still the same. Glad that you visited the place! I am learning a lot from everyone and feels great when my efforts are noticed! 

Always thankful and Best of Regards Sir! 

Level 7

Thank you so much @Rohan10 . I am happy that you liked the presentation of the post! Thank you for taking time out in reviewing my post! It means a lot to me! Great to know that did the meetup at the Nagpur Museum. I will surely check that post! Thank you for sharing it! 

Always thankful and Best of Regards! 

Level 7

Thank you so much @NareshDarji Sir! Getting appreciation and likeability means a lot to me! All the efforts gets paid off! Yes, it is one of the best place to visit in Delhi! Don't forget to visit this place when you will visit Delhi! I am sure you will have great time! 

Always thankful and Best of Regards Sir!

Level 7

Betreff: National Rail Museum - Celebrating India and Railways!

Thank you so much @Annaelisa ! Glad that you liked the post and video! I am sure the video must have given the entire vibes of the place. Hoping the video have done justice! Always thankful and Best of Regards! Thank you for supporting my efforts!