Rohan10's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Local Guides Photo Walk Meet Up : Capture the Enchantment of Kanheri : A Smashing Success!

Photo 1: At the meet up location.

On March 3rd, 2024, a vibrant group of Local Guides from Mumbai, Pune, and even Bangalore converged at the Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP) entrance for a captivating photo walk through the ancient Kanheri Caves. The invitation of the meet up is here. 

A special shout out to @TravellerG for making the journey all the way from Bangalore, and also to @Tushar_Suradkar and @ajitthite who joined us from Pune. And also it was pleasure to meet @SujataTawde@Harsha_rai , @Shreeish , @Bala_Chennai , @MayuriKubal , @Raj_Tayade 

Photo 2: At the gathering location.

Exploring History Through Our Lenses

After a quick midday rendezvous around at 12:15 hrs, we hopped on a BEST bus and reached the magnificent Kanheri Caves within 20 minutes.
The real magic began with our photo walk...! We delved into the caves, capturing the breath-taking architecture, intricate carvings, and historical atmosphere through our lenses. All the LGs were busy in clicking the Caves Photos. Group photos and selfies fuelled our camaraderie, creating lasting memories.

Photo 3 : Photo Walk at Kanheri Caves.

Beyond the Clicks: Knowledge and Camaraderie

A refreshing break at 1:30 PM recharged us for the next leg of the meetup.
This session was dedicated to knowledge sharing. Tushar shed light on valuable Google Maps features and the art of conducting successful meetups.
TravellerG, our photography enthusiast from Bangalore, generously imparted his photographic wisdom to the group.
In a spirit of giving, Tushar, Ajit, and TravellerG distributed gifts to the attendees. I too contributed eco-friendly pens made from recycled paper, a sustainable token of appreciation.

Photo 4: Discussion and knowledge sharing during refreshment.

Photo 5: LGs with welcome poster by Mumbai Maharashtra Local Guide.

Photo 6: Myself holding the welcome banner by Mumbai Maharashtra Local Guide. Photo credit : TravellerG sir.

Accessibility for All

As we wrapped up our exploration of the caves, Tushar provided valuable insights on the Accessibility feature on Google Maps. This ensures everyone has access to comprehensive information about the location.

Photo 7: Our Connect Moderator Tushar is explaining about the Accessibility.

Virtual Connect and Lasting Memories

The in-person meetup concluded around 3:30 PM, but the connections continued virtually..! Tejal and Anil Singh joined us on a video call, extending the fellowship.

Photo 8: Our virtual attendees. Tejal & Anil Singh.

Photo 9 : Virtual Attendees Rosy.

Photo 10: Conversation with virtual attendees. Photo by TravellerG Sir.

A Memorable Farewell

By 4:00 PM, it was time to say goodbye. We departed with cherished memories, newfound knowledge, and the thrill of a successful meetup.
Thank you to all the participants for making this a truly memorable event...!

Photo 11: With all attendees.

Photo 12: A Candid shot by TravellerG sir.

Photo 13: @Shrut19 showing the sticker of Local Guide on my Car. Photo click by TravellerG sir.

Photo 14: Me clicking the photo while TravellerG sir explaining the camera function to LGs. Photo clicked by Tushar.

Photo 15: Click my me while TravellerG sir explaining the camera function.

Photo 16: I gifted to all attendees the eco-friendly pen which is made up by recycled paper. The gift is distributed in the vicinity of Nature of Kanheri Caves.

Conclusion: 

The Kanheri Caves Photo Walk Meetup was a resounding success, bringing together passionate photography enthusiasts, local experts, and fellow Local Guides from various cities. It was a day filled with exploration, learning, and camaraderie, leaving a lasting impression on all who participated.

This meetup served as a perfect example of the power of the Local Guides program to foster connections, share knowledge, and document historical and cultural landmarks through the lens of photography. We look forward to hosting many more such events in the future, fostering a vibrant community of engaged and knowledgeable individuals.

Photo Album Link

Thank you to all the participants for making this a truly memorable event...!

Due to tagging limitation tagging remaining members in the comment.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
39 comments
Level 8

Re: [Recap] Local Guides Photo Walk Meet Up : Capture the Enchantment of Kanheri : A Smashing Succes

Remaining Attendees:

@karan_lalpotu 

@RosyKohli 

@Shreeish 

@NandKK 

@ModNomad 

@SagarDiary 

Virtual attendees

@Tejal 

@Anil6969 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] Local Guides Photo Walk Meet Up : Capture the Enchantment of Kanheri : A Smashing Succes

Undoubtedly the best meetup that I have ever attended, dear @Rohan10 

There is so much to talk about it 👍

I will read it and come back with more to comment.

Level 9

Yaaa, it was one of the best meet-up I have attended, and enjoyed every second of it. All the photos are great and reflected the energy and excitement of everyone.

You are indeed an excellent host, @Rohan10 and thanks for organising such a wonderful meet-up.

I will come back with my version as well and share my views very shortly.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 10

Indeed. It was a wonderful meet-up. I have attended any meet-up after a very long time and feeling overwhelmed to meet you all. 

@TravellerG sir from Banglore. 

@Tushar_Suradkar ji from pune. 

@ajitthite dada from Pune. 

@Shrut19 from mumbai with whom I had done numbers of meet-up in past. 

and other motivated local guides. 

@Harsha_rai , @Shirish555 , @Bala_Chennai , @MayuriKubal , @Raj_Tayade 

Special shoutout to the host @Rohan10 for organizing this wonderful meet-up. By the way, it seems you have missed to tag me in the RECAP post. 

Level 8

All the pics look great and the essence of the cave have been captured very well! @Rohan10 

Level 8

@Rohan10  I had a great experience with your meet up. Your planning was great. Thanks to you, I was able to meet the local guides of Pune, Mumbai and Bangalore. It was a lot of fun walking with them, taking pictures and chatting. Your post is great and inspiring for new guides like us. Loved the eco friendly pen you gave as a gift

Raj_Tayade ||" Relationships are formed when you travel with your heart "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Level 10

नमस्कार,

@Rohan10 

हे मीट अप पुर्ण करून छान रिकॅप साठि धन्यवाद 🙏

खुप छान मीट अप, मजा आली, रिफ्रेश वाटले..

@Tushar_Suradkar 

@ajitthite  from Pune

@TravellerG  from Bangalore 

@SujataTawde 

लवकरच भेटू,

@MayuriKubal 

सोबती बद्दल खुप धन्यवाद, 

@Shirish555 

@Bala_Chennai   

@Harsha_rai

@karan_lalpotu

@SagarDiary 

@NandKK 

@Raj_Tayade 

@ModNomad 

@karan_lalpot

तुम्हा सर्वांना भेटून छान वाटले..

तुमच्या प्रत्येकाच्या उपस्थिती बद्दल धन्यवाद..

Level 7

Good Morning all Google LG

We are grateful to the host 

@Rohan10 

for the minutely planned , executed and recapped -Kanheri caves photo walk + Meet-up.

Most of us were meeting for the 1st time and jelled well with our common goal of photo walk.

We have read and appreciated the almost all Featured & Trended Google Connect posts of @Rohan10

@Tushar_Suradkar 

@ajitthite  from Pune

@TravellerG  from Bangalore 

It was nice to interact with

@Shreeish 

@Bala_Chennai   

@Harsha_rai

@karan_lalpotu

@SagarDiary 

@NandKK 

@Raj_Tayade 

@ModNomad 

@karan_lalpot

I had to leave early and wish to meet you all soon.

Connect Moderator

It's great to hear about the successful photo walk meet-up at Kanheri Caves!

The photos you shared here show that it was a day full of exploration, learning and friendship. @Rohan10 

Thanks for sharing this recap with us.

@

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.