DeniGu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

The ♿ accessibility challenge results are in!

Caption: An illustration of two people, one in a wheelchair, sitting at a table drinking coffee.Caption: An illustration of two people, one in a wheelchair, sitting at a table drinking coffee.

Thank you to all who joined our accessibility challenge! Over 100 Local Guides shared helpful reviews with accessibility details that make it easier for people with reduced mobility to decide where to go and know what to expect there. 

Our jury reviewed all the submissions against the criteria. They were looking for authentic, high-quality reviews that included the symbol and accessibility details and followed the Maps user-generated content policy.

And the results are in: 89 Local Guides successfully fulfilled the challenge and were awarded the new Accessibility Challenge Winner badge! We have also granted first-time and third-time Connect challenge winner badges to the Local Guides who qualified and included those with two wins in our running list.

Caption: An illustration of the new Accessibility Challenge Winner badge, showing a person in a blue-and-orange ribbon.Caption: An illustration of the new Accessibility Challenge Winner badge, showing a person in a blue-and-orange ribbon.

If you don’t have a new badge — or badges — on your profile or you don’t see your name on the list, don’t worry. More challenges are coming up!

Among the 89 reviews, the jury picked their five favorite ones. These reviews stood out due to their quality and value to others. Here they are:

@SarahKa's review of Mama Café BH in Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Caption: A screenshot of a part of @SarahKa’s review of Mama Café BH.Caption: A screenshot of a part of @SarahKa’s review of Mama Café BH.

@JustJake's review of the Arizona Department of Transportation in Scottsdale, USA

Caption: A screenshot of @JustJake’s review of the Arizona Department of Transportation.Caption: A screenshot of @JustJake’s review of the Arizona Department of Transportation.

@HiroyukiTakisawa's review of Huckleberry in Kitakami, Japan

Caption: A screenshot of a part of @HiroyukiTakisawa’s review of the Huckleberry restaurant.Caption: A screenshot of a part of @HiroyukiTakisawa’s review of the Huckleberry restaurant.

@Globe_trotter_Ish’s review of Korum Mall Thane in Thane, India

Caption: A screenshot of a part of @Globe_trotter_Ish’s review of the Korum Mall Thane.Caption: A screenshot of a part of @Globe_trotter_Ish’s review of the Korum Mall Thane.

@Janny1’s review of the Tilt Arcade Bar in Toronto, Canada

Caption: A screenshot of @Janny1’s review of the Tilt Arcade Bar.Caption: A screenshot of @Janny1’s review of the Tilt Arcade Bar.

Thank you all once again for joining this challenge! Keep an eye out for the next one coming soon.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

58 comments
Level 8

Re: The ♿ accessibility challenge results are in!

Thank you very much dear Googler @DeniGu & @Ivi_Ge 

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Connect Moderator

Congratulations to all the winners 🏆

@SarahKa @Globe_trotter_Ish @JustJack @HiroyukiTakisawa @Janny1 

Thanks @DeniGu for sharing this update. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Wow! I'm honored to be among the 89 to get the badge, and super stoked to be featured here, @DeniGu. Thank you very much!

Congrats to @SarahK@HiroyukiTakisawa@Globe_trotter_Ish, & @Janny1 on your features!

Screenshot 2024-01-23 062514.png

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 9

@DeniGu 

Thank you so much for sharing with us the existing result and highlighted reviews 

Really happy for me that I am Accessibility Challenge Winner

SmartSelect_20240123_190726_Gmail.jpg

Congratulations 🎊🎉

@SarahK@HiroyukiTakisawa, @JustJake 

@Globe_trotter_Ish, & @Janny1

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Level 9

Congratulations all the winners, 🏆 Great work indeed!!!

@Globe_trotter_Ish especially!! 👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Also, congrats to @SarahKa @JustJack @HiroyukiTakisawa @Janny1 and the rest of the LGs who received the badge!

Thanks, @DeniGu for sharing this.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Connect Moderator

Congratulations to all the winners 🏆 @SarahKa @NareshDarji @JustJack @HiroyukiTakisawa @Janny1.

Thank you dear @DeniGu for sharing this update. Happy to be chosen amongst so many amazing winners. Thank you !

Thanks ! In case you wish to reach out, kindly send a private message on Connect. Feel free to tag on interesting posts by adding  '@' before my Connect profile id : globe_trotter_ish and I will respond as soon as I can !

Connect Moderator |  Guiding Star 2020 |  Guiding Star 2022Meet-up ChampionAccessibility Champion

Read Accessibility awareness posts here  | Accessible life - Google Earth projectInclusion and diversity series  | #GoGreenWithMaps series

My Instagram profile 

Level 8

Congratulations to all the winners🏆

Md.Gazi Salauddin
#BDLG
#GuidingStar 2022, #Meetup champion.
Connect Moderator

Thank you @ajitthite for the special mention! This review was written during our WAW Accessibility meet-up , I am happy it got chosen !

Thanks ! In case you wish to reach out, kindly send a private message on Connect. Feel free to tag on interesting posts by adding  '@' before my Connect profile id : globe_trotter_ish and I will respond as soon as I can !

Connect Moderator |  Guiding Star 2020 |  Guiding Star 2022Meet-up ChampionAccessibility Champion

Read Accessibility awareness posts here  | Accessible life - Google Earth projectInclusion and diversity series  | #GoGreenWithMaps series

My Instagram profile 

Level 10

Thank you @DeniGu for sharing the list of winners. I am glad to be part of 89 winners of this Accessibility Challenge.

Hearty congratulations to @SarahKa , @JustJake , @HiroyukiTakisawa@Globe_trotter_Ish and @Janny1 for getting their reviews feautured.

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler