AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Top 100 Star Photo Leaderboards (September 2021)

Hello @TravellerG and once again it's great to see that you have joined others to update your star photo details.

Like you, many, including myself, have found that their "star photo" is far from their best. So what is the reason for this? What factors influence what makes a star?  Yes I totally agree with you that in many cases, and I have to add not just the country, where larger star views are not as achievable.  This in fact is something I am shortly going to mention in relation to my reply about the mystery SPQ table that sparked the interest and some earlier discussion of others including @MortenCopenhagen here and here, @katydarhel here together with her interesting interpretation and conclusion here and here, and if you read through the comments you will see that others including @Cercis and @Mo-TravelleerX have also jumped in.  

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 8

Level 7

Screenshot_20211027-190741_Maps.jpg

Hi Adam, I'm new to the Star Photos leaderboards and wish to be added. Here is a screenshot of my star photo that shows the current star views. I can't wait to see it on the leaderboards.

Level 8

@AdamGT it's ok now?

Ana Coelho
Connect Moderator

Hello all,

On both the Points and the Photo Views leaderboards posts, I mentioned that these leaderboards will be updated on November 1 so make sure that you update your data no later than October 31.  For the reasons I mentioned in section 5.4 of the leaderboard documentation (When to Update your data), the Star Photos leaderboards will next be updated on December 1.  So there's plenty of time for your "stars":

1. If you are already on the Star Photos leaderboards then before December 1 follow the steps in section 5.3 of the leaderboard documentation - How to Edit or Update your data and it's a good idea to check these for anything new 😉
  2. If you are new to the Star Photos leaderboards and submitted your data entry form then your name should be mentioned on the Who's next to be added table and you will be added on the leaderboards on December 1.  
  3. If there is a note against your name on that table then you need to check this and follow the instructions to sort out the issues.
  4. If you haven't submitted your data entry form then you must do this before December 1.
  5. If anything at all is unclear or if you have any questions, then please add a comment here.
Level 10

walmart #1.jpg

My new star photo, Walmart Department store Taken DEC 2018, with a Samsung 7 phone @AdamGT  That other one is closing fast

Level 9

Re: Leaderboards of the Top 100 Most Viewed Photos

Hi @@adang

Level 9

Re: Leaderboards of the Top 100 Most Viewed Photos

Hi @AdamGT 

Gracias por tu esfuerzo y dedicación, 

Level 8

I also have this same experience. My photo with the most views is not in any way special at all, and in my opinion not worthy of highlighting here as a "star". My "best" photo (in my opinion), has way fewer views than the first. Hence I've decided at this time to decline participation in Star Photos while continuing with Top Points and Top Photo Views Leaderboards.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @tony_b 

I just want to make it clear that the Star Photos post is not and has never been about our best photos and therefore this shouldn't be the reason for not participating!!  As you know, the definition of the star photo is the one having the most views, and that's it, and the Star Photos post is about these photos.  Like you and most others, my star photo is far from being my best photo or in any way special however by participating in the Star Photos leaderboards we can all learn more about such photos for example, what makes a Star Photo!