cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Weekend Escapes: Episode Perhentian Islands

Place: Perhentian Islands

Coordinates: 5.909,102.730
Entrance Fee: You need to pay for Jetty to get to the islands. The rates vary but typically it is (RM 40 per person)
Accessibility Friendly: No (From the base to the islands coasts, there are no accessibility friendly assistance/service)
Category: Islands
Famous for: Lush blue water, clear silver sands, snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, 
Shared Album: Perhentian Islands 2020

PXL_20200925_113823328.NIGHT-COLLAGE.jpg

Hello everyone

I hope you are well, safe, following the new norms and abiding by the moving control orders in your region (if any). Last few months were not easy for the entire world. In fact, safe to say that Covid-19 pretty much engulfed and consumed the entire 2020. Most of us are confined to our homes and adapting to the new norms. On a positive note, majority of us also developed healthy lifestyle including better personal hygiene, activities, balanced diet, reading and daily exercise to keep our mind sharp. Most of us, the local guides, love to travel and explore new places which is something very rare these days. 

The Malaysian government took excellent measures to curb the spread of Covid-19 and most of us were put under strict movement restrictions, public gatherings and inter state travels. After spending almost three months in isolation, I had a window of opportunity to travel and this time (end of September 2020) without wasting a single day, I planned to visit Perhentian Islands.

A view from Hill top at Perhentian IslandA view from Hill top at Perhentian Island

Perhentian Islands are a constellation of many islands where two of them are considered the most beautiful, most happening and tourist friendly. These islands are called perhentian besar (large) and perhentian kecil (small) islands. These islands are considered the most beautiful islands in Malaysia and are very famous for its clear blue waters, silver sands, marine life, super friendly people and amazing food. 

fresh out of the sea :-Dfresh out of the sea ?

Perhentian Islands is a magical place that lets you slip into the laid back, tranquil lifestyle, free from the hustle and noise of the city life. Here, the moment you go barefoot and enjoy the silver sands and emerald blue waters, you instantly forget all sense of time. 

Perhentian Kecil in distancePerhentian Kecil in distance

There is so much to do over here including, kayaking, snorkeling, diving, islands exploration, forest walk and for the night owls, music, drinks and party that lasts all night long. 

If you're into photography (ofcourse you are, we're local guides right ?), the islands give you great opportunities to capture amazing sunrise and sunsets. It is so peaceful and quiet that only words can't do justice. 

PXL_20200925_230435211-COLLAGE-min.jpg

Perhentian Islands are considered the most pocket-friendly place in South East Asia for scuba diving, deep tank diving as well as snorkeling. Perhentian Besar (large) offers upscale places, resorts, restaurants and night life whereas perhentian kecial (small) is a paradise for budget friendly travelers and backpackers.

If you happen to be in Malaysia or planning a trip after Covid-19, Perhentian Islands must/should be on top of your list. I spent a week over there that provided me ample opportunities to reflect on the current situation, relax, rejuvenate and explore the beautiful landscape. 

Don't forget to check out the shared google photo album, stay safe, until next time

cheers

Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
14 comments
Level 9

Re: Weekend Escapes: Episode Perhentian Islands

What a picturesque landscape and wonderful nature and blue clean water on this islands! 

Really amazing and beautiful place @OmerAli .

It is a pity, that Russia is so far from Malaysia, and it is impossible to travel now. 

You are like that you have such incredible trip and rest on this islands. 

Fantastic place! 

I like your photos very much. 

Your dish with status looks so nice and delicious! 

Thank you for sharing. 

Best wishes from Russia. 

Level 10

It looks like paradis for @OmerAli 

Hopefully one day I will have the chance to go back to Malaysia and Perhentian Islands will for sure be on included!

I hope all is fine for you take care

Connect Moderator

Spectacular views and mouthwatering dish.. what a great way to escape the hustle of daily life ...

Thanks for sharing with us @OmerAli 

Regards 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

After the episode of Penang Hill, I was waiting for the next one, and today I got it.

Malaysia is full of attractions, not only because of tourist attractions but beautiful culture and traditions.

And everytime when you post something about Malaysia, I always love to see it.

Thanks for sharing such a great information including accessibility about Perhentian Islands, I would love to visit here once. 

Shukriya 😍 @OmerAli Bhai

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

Thanks a lot @helga19 , I hope you are safe. You are very welcome to Malaysia, I hope that you make a plan once the covid-19 pandemic is over

Connect Moderator

Thanks a lot @Julien44 , do make a plan to visit Malaysia, we will have a great time together.

@Sagir Thanks brother. 

@KashifMisidia Thanks a lot. I hope that you will make another trip to Malaysia, we will plan a road trip

Level 10

@OmerAli beautiful skies, beautiful beaches, clean sparkling waters, delicious food, wonderful time.. what else is needed? Only need to invite the rest of us to complete the picture 😅! Next time brother. We will get there together.

Connect Moderator

absolutely @StephenAbraham 

Once the lockdown is over, let's plan a road trip. we can go to sarawalk to see @AdrianLunsong and possibly attempt Mount Kinabulu or Mulu Pinnacles

Level 9

Omer! How have I never thought of visiting your profile page before today?! Your page is bursting with "filling goodness".

I like how you arrange what you write too. I will sure copy this style 😃 and I may not give you credits. You are the Boss @OmerAli 

You need to see how I am smiling like a carrot here