OmerAli's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

What's your most ordered food during the lockdown?

PXL_20210210_063325052-COLLAGE.jpgPXL_20210210_063325052-COLLAGE.jpg

Lockdown and Food? I know, I know... perhaps this is the new norm for most of us. 

The reason behind this post is actually very surprising and funny, let me walk you through. 

I am one of those individuals who love to do digital housekeeping and by that I mean constantly removing unwanted pictures, documents and even emails from my Google account (which is not full, not even close, its just a habit 😀). So, I came across a large number of emails (order receipts from a food delivery service) and realized that I have a very pronounced pattern of ordering the similar food items every other day.

*I figured out that on average I have ordered Nasi Ayam Mandi (In Bahasa Malaysia: Nasi=rice, Ayam=Chicken, Mandi=well its Mandi, its the name of the dish), which is a very famous Arab dish (originating from Yemen) almost thrice every week.  

This prompted to start this post and see what people around the world are ordering especially the ones under lock down and self-quarantine. 

There's no format to this thread, please feel free to share your top ordered food and tell us a bit about:

1. The Name and origin of the Food
  2. What makes it so special for you?
  3. What was the frequency of the order (per week or per month)

Let the glorious food episode begin.

P.S. *apologies for the overly complicated lines up there, I have this tendency to complicate things. Don't frown, I'm still learning

49 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: What's your most ordered food during the lockdown?

Hey @OmerAli

That's a great initiative!

I'd love to see if Local Guides also left reviews and photos of their deliveries on Maps. I think they'd give a great example if they share them here!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

If I talk about my city all the restaurants here are closed during the lockdown. So it was totally impossible for me to order food from outside @OmerAli. During this period my family insisted more on home-made food. Here I am sharing with you some homemade food.

(In the photo here 1. Paneer Matar Masala, 2. Dabeli, 3. Pizza and 4. Suki Bhaji and Thepla.)

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Hi @OmerAli the Nasi Ayam Mandi looks provocative and I think that I'd often order it  too. But, in my case, I prefer to eat pizza, the famous Italian food, because it's bigger, cheaper and the whole family is full after eat it. A slice of pizza makes me happy 😄

Unfortunately, my favorite restaurant to order pizza delivery, closed during lockdown.

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Connect Moderator

Nice idea @Bobiisha , that'd be so cool to see the top reviews from local guides for their top dishes

Connect Moderator

oh you are so lucky brother @NareshDarji 

There's nothing like home cooked food, full of love and nutritions. 

I love the variety of your food, I wish I could have a little bite of each.

Connect Moderator

Yayy, happy to know that @BeatrizAguilar 

I love pizzas as well. Infact, my second most ordered food item was Pizza (Meat Mania, to be precise) 😀. I think pizza is a universal food and everyone on planet earth must have tried it at least once. 

Maybe the Martians too,  we'll find out soon enough 😁

Level 10

@OmerAli I strictly avoid to go out before lock down I have stocked grocery for 2 months and usually me and my daughter cooked in house daily, because just 1 day before my wife was died due to kidney failure  we never ordered even a single day during lock down.

MUHAMMAD USMAN Facebook
Who am I
Level 9

Nice shot sir, Naresh 😁

My favorite is 3. @OmerAli 

Level 9

there is nothing complicated here, Omer.

It's my first time of hearing digital house keeping, I should try that too! I have almost used up my 15GB on Google Photos.

For food, I never ordered any. I guess I have trust issues when It comes to my food. I want to see "how it is been served", where it is been served and all.

But what I eat most in this world is Rice (any type of Rice) and Plantain. My favorite place to eat around me are; 

The Place, Food City and KCS foods, when I am not eating at home.

This is my most favorite combo. 

If I am at the market, I eat a Traditional Igbo (an ethnic group from South-Eastern Nigeria, I am Yoruba) food from any of these places 😀

Now, how do they make your rice so colorful? Are you aware there is Bahasa in Indonesia? How is there Bahasa in Malaysia too? Are they the same? 😃

Yea, I enjoy asking you questions because you don't like to talk, I intend making you a talkative 🤣 (in a positive way), everyone must come to know, Omer @OmerAli