ShekharMuz_5's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Other means of mapping the places !!!

1000105935.jpg

Caption  : these are some pictures of my travelling to New Delhi from Patna by the Air .

Hello great members of connect community forum  ,

It's great to have Road Mappers title on connect community forum.  It's okay,  but we are toying with other means of mapping the distances through the Air .

The Roads Mappers have done great on the connect community forum , but my this job is somewhat different,  as I wish to do this job by the Air .

No doubt,  Roads play an important role to cover the distances. But the air route also meaningful source to cover the distances. 

Recently I have travelled to New Delhi from Patna by the air.  The air distance between two places are 861 km. But by road ,it is 1065 km. 

I had the chance to sit on a window seat,  so I could able to get pictures. I don't know whether my this idea will go well with other stalwarts of this forum.  But an innovative idea never dies. 

I would like to attach here some great personalities of forum  , they are @AdamGT , @TravellerG and @PrasadVR

New Delhi, Delhi, India
7 comments
Level 8

Re: Other means of mapping the places !!!

I think skyway Map drawing depends on a lot of things, it's not easy to draw on the map. @ShekharMuz_5 

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 10

@ShekharMuz_5 I also look down from the air and am curious if an area has been drawn out and mapped. It's funny how drawing roads has changed our experience of flying.

Much of the aerial image that we see on Maps is actually shot from cameras mounted to planes. Google designed a new, 4-lens camera to be mounted on planes that will contribute to the Immersive View layer. There is a nice interview on CNET about this.

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

Hello, dear friend @JustJake,

Yes, what information you have shared is right...but, the aerial images of Google Maps are also supported by Boing/Airbus like flying companies, different commercial imagery providers, geological survey organizations and many state agencies. 

This also involves manual interventions to align the final image. 

Hi, friend @ShekharMuz_5 regarding direct LG contributions may not be feasible according to me!

My friend @ShailendraOjha and @PrasadVR also may be interested these details... 

Expecting your responses... 

🤝❤️

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

@ShekharMuz_5 ji,  I didn't completely understand what you meant. Thank you @TravellerG ji for tagging me here.

Signature Image
Level 10

That's very interesting @TravellerG. As you're suggesting, when I map roads locally, I am able to find more current areal images from the agencies in Arizona (state in USA). I did not realize that these could also be in the process of being shared with Google. It makes sense, though, since the agencies are also sharing their base layer details to show property lines, addresses, street names, etc. 

Very cool piece of the puzzle you've provided. Thank you! 

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

Welcome, my dear friend @JustJake,

"... when I map roads locally, I am able to find more current areal images from the agencies in Arizona (state in USA)..."

Yes, I'm aware of this... Many states in the USA are in the Google Maps collaboration! Thanks for your kind feedback. 

My information is from Google documents only... Probably from a post on our Connect, a couple of years back. 

Happy that you found it helpful. 

Most sincerely yours 

🤝❤️🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

You are most welcome, dear friend @PrasadVR,

Regards