cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Art Gallery of Ontario - AGO

Hello Guides,
All right with you?

Today I want to present one of the most beautiful Art Galleries in Canada - THE AGO ( https://maps.app.goo.gl/UiFdWMSaCicg37vg8 ) 

The AGO is one of the many galleries located in Canada, its structure occupies a huge central block in the center of Toronto, and its internal areas are always open to new presentations, in addition to its façade being the stage for many musicians who present their arts in front of the gallery.

The gallery has an exhibition area, with 3 floors currently in operation (but its extension is 5 floors), it also has a cafe on the second floor and the Bistro and souvenir shop on the ground floor. Something I love is that you don't need to visit the gallery to use the Bistro and Store, you can enter the premises through side access.

The Gallery has an excellent accessibility structure for disabled people and visitors with limited mobility. Its entrance doors have automatic opening, access ramps from the entrance, in internal areas and in some halls in particular. All floors have elevators with Braille writing for the visually impaired. All bathrooms are adapted to accommodate wheelchair users and their signage also has Braille writing. The gallery also has a monitoring system for visitors with disabilities, either using audio equipment or with support from employees spread across the floors. I was extremely happy to see that the gallery thought about its visitors and provided a good experience for everyone.

A second really cool point is that the gallery has an employment program for seniors, so many of the in-house employees are seniors and wonderful people to work with.

As soon as you arrive at the gallery to purchase your ticket, you will receive an access map for visiting and the employee will inform you of the floors of the main attractions. Right now the gallery has an exhibition by the artist Kaws (I'll introduce it to you in a new post).

Arriving at the gallery is very peaceful, with easy access to the subway and buses, as well as being close to several tourist attractions, such as Dundas - A New York Canadian.

Gallery sideGallery side

View of the LAKE from a panoramic view across the streetView of the LAKE from a panoramic view across the street

AGO StoreAGO Store

AGO StoreAGO Store

Part of the Raws ExhibitionPart of the Raws Exhibition

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-07 at 10.02.45 (12).jpeg

View from the second floorView from the second floor

Access ramp from one of the art rooms to the cafeAccess ramp from one of the art rooms to the cafe

Coffee AGOCoffee AGO

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-07 at 10.02.45 (8).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-07 at 10.02.45 (7).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-07 at 10.02.45 (6).jpeg

EntranceEntrance

Area for information and ticket purchaseArea for information and ticket purchase

Access ramp to information and ticket areaAccess ramp to information and ticket area

EntranceEntrance

I hope you like the post.
Karen Alves Gaspar
Brazilian living in Canada
Local Guide Level 9
Instagram: @firstkalves
Toronto, ON, Canadá
11 comments
Level 8

Re: Art Gallery of Ontario - AGO

@GasparKaren No doubt.Reading this post and watching the photographs of Ago,art gallery in Ontario with accesibility for all,bus and metro stations around,and the people working there.I think that Ago is a good example with the seniors employees.Beautyful brand new art gallery.

Level 10

Enjoyed reading your article on Ago Art Gallery... 

Thanks for sharing these details, dear friend @GasparKaren,

The photos are very appealing and very helpful... 

Nice... 

Happy to learn that senior citizens employment program... Great!

Request you to kindly tag me in Artist Kawa's post... Please. 

Tagging friends @Rohan10 @ShailendraOjha @Radhika26... They will enjoy this wonderful post.

Regards 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

Wonderful article @GasparKaren . 
visuals are too great. Nice to know about this place. 
Thank you @TravellerG for tagging me. 

Radhika
Level 10

Hello friend @Radhika26,

Our dear @GasparKaren has wonderful posts which are worth visiting... Do have a look (Here) when free...

Wish you a great time in your new exploration. 

Best regards to you both. 

🙏💐🤝

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

@TravellerG Thank you my friend, I'm glad you liked it and that you invited more friends to read my post.
I'm very happy when I manage to bring content that everyone likes.

You can let me tag you as soon as I post.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 9

@Radhika26 Thank you so much.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 9

@GasparKaren Wow, the AGO sounds like an incredible experience! Your detailed description of the gallery's accessibility features is just heartwarming. It's so fantastic to hear about the thoughtful design that caters to everyone, ensuring an inclusive and welcoming environment for all visitors.

Mohamed Ahmed (Mo-TravelleerX)
Chinese Name (Wang Li 王李)
Follow me: Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - YouTube

My Greatest Articles:
My 2 Years of Experience as a Google Local Guide

My 3 Years Journey as a Google Local Guide in Egypt and China
Level 9

@Mo-TravelleerX Glad you liked it!
It is certainly an inclusive space and should be visited by everyone who can.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 6

Wow 👌 👏. I am glad to see this new art gallery. Your photography and articles are truly captivating and beautiful. Please share and explore 😊 more and more . I am eagar to see that.