KashifMisidia's post
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Connect Moderator

Bogor - The Rain City ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ

Some beautiful views of Bogor City and Local Guides @DeeDesty  @Dychan8  ,@RiverDefender and @kashifmisidiaSome beautiful views of Bogor City and Local Guides @DeeDesty @Dychan8 ,@RiverDefender and @kashifmisidia

Hello Local Guides,

A few months ago, I had a wonderful visit to Indonesia, which included amazing tours of Jakarta, Bogor, and Surabaya. During all these visits, I met some amazing people whose hospitality I may never forget in my life because this trip was a memorable experience for me. I got the chance to meet people and learn from them in a way that I had never experienced before in my life.

This trip was also important because it was the first time I met many Google Maps contributors, also known as local guides, from outside Pakistan.

Today, I want to share the story of my journey to Bogor City, which is also known as the "Rainy city" and "walking city."

So, friends, it was Thursday morning when my dear friend @RahmatHarmanP  came to pick me up frommy hotel. I am very grateful to Rahmat because he came for me on time and dropped me at the station. And yes, before reaching the Gondangdia train station, he treated me to a delicious breakfast which surely included delicious Indonesian food.

Anyway, after saying goodbye to Rahmat at Gondangdia train station, I arrived at Bogor station after a journey of one hour and 30 minutes. The train passed through lush greenery all the way to Bogor, so my mind felt refreshed already.

Reached Bogor Station early in the morningReached Bogor Station early in the morning

Local Guide @DeeDesty in Bogor CityLocal Guide @DeeDesty in Bogor City

At Bogor train station, my sweet friend @DeeDesty  was waiting for me. Desty is the kind of friend who never hesitates to teach someone something new, and she's the amazing lady who was honored as a Google ambassador at the Google PE Conference in the United Kingdom. Meeting this wonderful friend was a matter of great pride for me

Bogor - The Rain City :

It's a great story, but Let me share some important information first about this amazing city Bogor which is called The Rain City as well. 

Bogor, also known as Buitenzorg, is a city in West Java, Indonesia, about 60 kilometers south of Jakarta. It's the sixth-largest city in the Jakarta metropolitan area and the 14th largest city of Indonesia. Bogor spans 111.39 square kilometers and had a population of over 1 million in 2020. It's a significant economic, scientific, cultural, and tourist hub, as well as a mountain resort.

During the Middle Ages, it was the capital of the Sunda Kingdom and called Pakuan Pajajaran. Later, during Dutch colonial rule, it was named Buitenzorg and served as the summer residence of the Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies.

The city is known for its dense population, presidential palace, and botanical garden. Its history dates back to the 5th century as part of the Tarumanagara kingdom. The Bogor Botanical Garden, founded in 1817, showcases over 6,000 tropical plant species and is one of the world's largest. Bogor also boasts medieval stone stelae, historical churches, temples, waterfalls, and a vibrant shopping scene.

Perpustakaan dan Galeri Kota Library BogorPerpustakaan dan Galeri Kota Library Bogor

With Desty, we took a short walk and reached Bogor's biggest library, Perpustakaan dan Galeri Kota Bogor, which was definitely a great experience. We had to wait there for a while, so we offered our prayers, and then we started waiting for the person known as the legendary @riverdefender.

Here you can check Google maps review of this wonderful library

@RiverDefender with his Bicycle in Bogor@RiverDefender with his Bicycle in Bogor

@RiverDefender , also known as Paadey, is a very noble person who has dedicated his life to taking action against pollution in the rivers of Indonesia.His mission is to protect all the oceans and rivers of the world from pollution. You can imagine how happy I was to meet such a person. 

An older and Huge tree on the way of Bogor Presidential PalaceAn older and Huge tree on the way of Bogor Presidential Palace

It was afternoon, the sun was shining brightly, but Desty was walking with an umbrella. That was quite surprising. She told me that Bogor is also called the Rain City because it rains here every day of the year, and the people living there are used to this kind of weather.

Lunch at BCC Food Court BogorLunch at BCC Food Court Bogor

Since it was already afternoon, we went to lunch at Food Court BCC with Desty and @Riverdefender, where I was treated to delicious Indonesian dishes. Then, for the first time, I tasted authentic Indonesian coffee, which was a fantastic experience.

Please check Google maps review of Food Court BCC here. 

After lunch, we headed towards the Bogor Presidential Palace, which is the most famous landmark in Bogor and holds great historical significance..

Historical Bogor Presidential PalaceHistorical Bogor Presidential Palace

Short Introduction of The Bogor Presidential Palace :

The Bogor Palace, located in Bogor, West Java, is one of Indonesia's six presidential palaces. It's famous for its unique design, history, and nearby botanical gardens. It opened to the public in 1968 with permission from Indonesia's acting president, Suharto, covering 28.4 hectares. In the past, it was a favorite spot for governors-general during the colonial era due to Bogor's nice weather. Later, it became President Sukarno's official home until 1967. After a period of disuse, President Joko Widodo moved the president's office there in February 2015.

Originally known as the Buitenzorg Palace, it was built in 1745 as a getaway for Dutch governors. It underwent many renovations and expansions over time, especially under Governor-General Herman Willem Daendels.

From 1870 to 1942, the Istana Bogor served as the official residence for Dutch governors-general, with 44 living there. After Indonesia became independent, the palace was renovated and became President Sukarno's main home.

The estate includes the main palace building, two wings, and a vast art collection, mostly gathered by Sukarno. The garden, spanning 28.4 hectares next to the Bogor Botanical Garden, houses a group of spotted deer. It also showcases sculptures, including replicas of famous artworks.

The Bogor Palace is a symbol of Indonesia's rich history and culture, drawing visitors with its beautiful architecture and natural surroundings.

Google maps review of Presidential Palace Bogor 

Inside of Presidential Palace BogorInside of Presidential Palace Bogor

We walked around there for quite a while and had a lovely experience watching the deers. Paadey was on his bicycle, and since we had permission to take photos, we took a lot of pictures near the historic palace.

Beautiful Karlas Heritage CafeBeautiful Karlas Heritage Cafe

Suddenly, the weather changed its colors, and it started raining unexpectedly, which was quite surprising for someone like me who is used to the scorching heat of Karachi and waits for months for rain to come, haha. But Paadey and Desty were prepared for the rain, so Paadey headed towards his destination, and I took shelter with Desty in the nearby Cafรฉ namely Kalras Heritage. The Cafรฉ was also very beautiful, combining old-fashioned charm with modern touches, presenting a lovely view.

Please check Google maps review of Kalras Heritage Cafe 

We had coffee there and waited for the rain to stop for a while. But since I was getting late, we followed Desty's advice and headed to Bogor train station. However, on the way, we made a brief stop at another place where we met another lovely person, Desty's sister @Dychan8 ๐Ÿ˜

Wonderful Sisters @Dychan8 & @Deedesty and thier beautiful gift of MufflerWonderful Sisters @Dychan8 & @Deedesty and thier beautiful gift of Muffler

The meeting was really wonderful, and right there, we exchanged gifts. Desty and her sister gave me a beautiful Indonesian muffler, along with Indonesian coffee.

I discovered its real taste when I tried it after coming to Karachi. I can say that I've never tasted any coffee better than the one these sisters gave me as a gift.

After chatting for a while, it was time for the train because I had to catch the next train to Surabaya, and my dear friend Rahmat was waiting for me in Jakarta

So, the beautiful journey ended at Bogor station again , but I hope to meet these wonderful people again in the future.

Going back to Jakarta from Bogor Train StationGoing back to Jakarta from Bogor Train Station

I will always remember this journey, and I regret that I had only one day for it. And unfortunately I missed to meet @BudiFXW in this visit as well. If I had more days, I would definitely explore the important city of Bogor and its beautiful tourist attractions. But perhaps it happened this way so that I can visit Indonesia again, and God willing, I will go to Bogor again and explore more places

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Bogor Barat, Bogor City, West Java, Indonesia
52 comments
Level 8

Re: Bogor - The Rain City ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ

@KashifMisidia sir Great travelogue, I fel t like I was enjoying the city with you..

Raj_Tayade ||" Relationships are formed when you travel with your heart "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Level 5

Bogor looks so awesome, i definetly wants to visit Bogor indonesia soon.

thanks for the detailed post @KashifMisidia ๐Ÿ™‚

greetings to @DeeDesty @RiverDefender and @Dychan8 

Level 10

Namaskar,

@KashifMisidia 

Thanks for sharing Your Indonesia Travel experience..

Happy to saw my dear @DeeDesty

Level 9

Betreff: Bogor - The Rain City ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ

@KashifMisidia 

Es ist ein fantastischer Reisebericht, sehr interessant und die Bilder wunderschรถn 

Connect Moderator

Awesome post @KashifMisidia thanks for sharing:)

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 9

Hello kashif bhai, Testing connect showing error while commenting post

Satyameva Jayate ๏šฉเคธเคคเฅเคฏเคฎเฅ‡เคต เคœเคฏเคคเฅ‡
Level 8

Bls: Bogor - The Rain City ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ

Hi @KashifMisidia ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

Sampurasun! (greeting in Sundanese language)

Thank you for visiting the city of Bogor during your busy schedule.

I'm very sorry you visited Bogor when it was raining.

It always rains almost 70% of the year in the city of Bogor, because it is located at the foot of Mount Salak and Mount Gede.

If not raining we can explore more about the culture and the natural beauty of Bogor cities. 

If you visit Bogor again, you can visit the waterfall or explore the botanical garden. 

Greetings from all Bogor Local Guide members ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you! Hatur Nuhun! (thank you in Sundanese) 

Level 8

Hello @Zain_Ul_Abideen greeting from Bogor Cities ๐Ÿ˜Š

Level 8

Hello, my dear friend @Shrut19๐Ÿ˜

Don't forget to visit Bogor when you are coming to Indonesia ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•