MayuriKubal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Diwali's Delight - Besan Ladoo

Hello LGs,

Hope you all are fine. Here, in India as Diwali is around the corner, it's time for preparation of sweets. So, I bring to you the simplest and yummy Besan Ladoo (Baby Chickpeas flour Ladoo) recipe. I assisted my mom in making them and they turned out amazing ?

Ingredients :-

• 2 cups Besan Ladoo flour - Easily available in market. This is coarsely grinded roasted baby chickpeas (If not available, you can take 2 cups of baby chickpeas (also known as Chana Dal/ Bengal gram made from black gram) roast for 12 mins on slow flame, after it cools down coarsely grind it to make flour)
  • 1 cup powdered sugar 
  • 1/2 cup pure ghee (Clarified butter)
  • Dry fruits for decoration
  • 1/2 TSP cardamom powder (optional)
  • Pinch of salt (optional)

Recipe:-

1. Heat a thick and deep vessel, on a slow flame add 1/2 cup ghee. 

2. Add Besan Ladoo flour and keep roasting non-stop for 30 mins until your house fills with sweet aroma and color of the flour changes to ochre yellow. 

Patience is the key to yummy Besan Ladoos

How to check whether Besan flour is correctly roasted? 

Take pinch of roasted flour and add it in your mouth, check whether it crackles under your teeth, it's crispyness is the sign. 

3. Now, add crushed dry fruits of your choice and mix well. Switch off the flame.

4. Move the contents of the vessel into a flat dish and allow it to cool down to room temperature. 

5. Check whether the mixture is giving out excess ghee. Don't worry let it soak all the ghee and be semi-solid.

6. Now, add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and pinch of salt and mix well with your hands. Knead the dough and check for sugar sweetness as per your taste.

IMG_20201107_193048_compress45.jpg

Besan Ladoos decorated with raisins

7. Start preparing small balls from the dough. Once the Besan Ladoo is round enough, press a raisin on top of it. Refer above figure.

8. Hurray, your Besan Ladoos are ready to eat ?

Shelf life: They are durable upto 25 days. I am sure you will finish them soon ?

Magic Formula:

2:1:1/2

2 cups Besan Ladoo flour

1 cup powdered sugar

1/2 cup pure ghee

Refer Ingredients marked in bold

Hope you all will love this recipe. Do let me know what all you prepare for Diwali. 

Happy cooking !!

Tagging all my sweet-tooth buddies @Rohan10 @Shrut19 @Tushar_Suradkar @ajitthite @AbhijeetHodbe @bmuu @Ant_Bad_Yogi @FalguniP @Shreeya_99 @Ewaade_3A 

Lots of love and best wishes
Mayuri Kubal
#LocalGuideOfMaharashtra
#IndiaLocalGuide

Check my latest post here  5 Years of Local Guiding and many more to come!!! 

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
33 comments
Level 8

Re: Diwali's Delight - Besan Ladoo

Yummyyyyyyyyyyyy..... It's my favorite laadu. Photos of laadu is very much tempting. Awesome recipe. Well presented. एकदम मस्त दिसत आहेत लाडू. खूप आवडले. इथे शेअर केल्याबद्दल धन्यवाद @MayuriKubal 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

Looks very simple and your recipe sounds very interesting @MayuriKubal.  So am I right, they are basically chickpeas? 

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 7

Hello @Rohan10 

Thank you so much 😍😍😍 Yes, they are my favorite too 😉 Glad you liked them. 😊😊 अभिप्रायाबद्दल मनः पूर्वक धन्यवाद 🙏🙏

Mayuri Kubal
#LocalGuideOfMaharashtra
#IndiaLocalGuide

Level 10

@MayuriKubal 

Omg they look so good 😍. Thanks for the recipe will try n make it.

Level 7

Hello @AdamGT 

Thanks for your comment 😊 Yes, they are chickpeas but they are processed and split, the resulting yellow split lentil is called chana dal. You can get it in nearby Indian stores.

Mayuri Kubal
#LocalGuideOfMaharashtra
#IndiaLocalGuide

Level 7

Thank you @Rupes01 Glad you liked them 😊

Mayuri Kubal
#LocalGuideOfMaharashtra
#IndiaLocalGuide

Level 9

Thanks for tagging me @MayuriKubal My dear Mayuri, it was a pleasure catching up with you at Shreeya's meetup. You have such a sweet demeanor. 

I love Diwali (the festival of lights) as I have seen in the movies. At our last (2 Meetups) T.I.F.F.@Tejal taught us how to make Ladoos, and told us they can stay for one month without preservation. Thanks for sharing. 

Level 7

Hello @Ewaade_3A 

Thank you so much dear for your lovely compliments 😍😍😍 Meeting you virtually was awesome. Your enthusiasm and charisma are contagious 🤗🤗 Glad to know you love Diwali, it's vibrant, beautiful and filled with sweets Do try some Ladoos 😉

Mayuri Kubal
#LocalGuideOfMaharashtra
#IndiaLocalGuide

Level 8

@MayuriKubal Wow, your Besan Ladoo looks yummy. I don't think I have tried it but I would love to try some. 🙂 Thank you for sharing the recipe with us. 🙂