PriscilaJimenez's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Escape to Disney's Private Island: Castaway Cay

Calling all Disney fans! Ever dreamt of relaxing on a pristine Bahamian beach with Mickey Mouse and his friends? Well, prepare to pinch yourself, because it's possible! 😍

Caption: Mickey Mouse and me at Castaway Cay.Caption: Mickey Mouse and me at Castaway Cay.

Castaway Cay is Disney's private paradise in the Bahamas.This 3-mile long island is accessible exclusively for Disney Cruise Line guests. The island is fully Disney themed and divided in several locations for different activities. It has everything you need to spend a magical, fun and relaxing day you'll never forget. 

Caption: Disney Fantasy cruise at Castaway Cay's dock.Caption: Disney Fantasy cruise at Castaway Cay's dock.

Caption: Castaway Cay map.Caption: Castaway Cay map.

Luckily, I have been there a couple of times. My last visit to Castaway Cay was last year, while cruising the Caribbean on board of the Disney Fantasy cruise. My adventure at this island began at 9am. I disembarked early to avoid crowds and take pictures with my favorite Disney characters. 

Caption: picture 1 and 2 are photo spots, picture 3 is Minnie Mouse waving.Caption: picture 1 and 2 are photo spots, picture 3 is Minnie Mouse waving.
Caption: photo collage with Donald Duck, Chip & Dale, and Daisy Duck.Caption: photo collage with Donald Duck, Chip & Dale, and Daisy Duck.
Then I took the trail to fully explore the souvenir shops (find exclusive Disney merchandise only available here), BBQ restaurants (delicious food included on your cruise fare), bars (refreshing drinks available for purchase), game pavilion (shaded area to play table tennis, foosball and billiards), Scuttle's Cove (kids area that offers fun activities hosted by the crew members) and the family beach.

Caption: photo collage of two souvenir shops and one of the bars.Caption: photo collage of two souvenir shops and one of the bars.

In the family beach there's plenty of chairs, umbrellas and some hammocks. The sand is white and the water is a crystal clear swimming pool. Next to the family beach is Pelican Plunge, a floating water slide and play platform for kids. On the other side of the beach there's an area for aquatic activities like kayaking, paddle boarding and snorkeling. These activities are available at an additional cost.  

As I was traveling solo, I decided to rent a bike. This was a beautiful ride because the island has a lot of vegetation and some hidden gems. Also, if you're into running, don't miss the Castaway Cay 5k race. All finishers receive a beautiful medal! Back to my bike ride, I headed to Serenity Bay, a quieter and less crowded beach reserved for adults +18. Honestly, this is my favorite place on this island. I've enjoyed my time here with a margarita and my kindle. 

Caption: photo 1 is a selfie after the bike ride, photo 2  is at the bike tram, photo 3 is the family beach.Caption: photo 1 is a selfie after the bike ride, photo 2 is at the bike tram, photo 3 is the family beach.

Caption: photo collage at Serenity Bay.Caption: photo collage at Serenity Bay.
Then it was lunch time! I had a cheeseburger with greek salad on the side, ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. The rest of the afternoon I layed on a hammock and lulled on the sound of the waves crashing and live music. At 4pm I took the tram to go back to the ship. The tram is a great option to move across the island if you have restricted mobility or feel too tired to walk. 

Definitely, Castaway Cay never disappoints me. I wholeheartedly recommend booking a Disney cruise to visit this magical place, you wont regret it! If you want to see more about this paradise click here. 

Hope you liked this post.😀 What do you think about Castaway Cay? Have you been in another Caribbean island?🐚🏝
Castaway Cay, The Bahamas
15 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Escape to Disney's Private Island: Castaway Cay

Hello @PriscilaJimenez      

I want to inform you that, i just released your post from spam quarantine.

Our filter is working to protect the community and you, from unwanted content, but sometimes it can be triggered by something and remove a legitimate post. Moderators are patrolling the quarantine to release the good post so, if your post has been rejected, don't post it again. Simply tag a moderator (check here and here ). For more information you can read:  Why was my Connect post marked as spam . 

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

@PriscilaJimenez este post es otro gol de mitad de cancha! Es espectacular 😁. Realmente lo disfrute y me re copa que estés publicando en Connect.

Una joya dentro de la comunidad... No tuve la oportunidad de ir a ese lugar (jajajaja) pero ya se va a dar.

Maravilloso 🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷

Level 8

Hey @KashifMisidia thanks for all the information. Do you recommend me to edit this post or delete it? 

Level 9

wonderful location @PriscilaJimenez nice pictures 

Connect Moderator

Hi @PriscilaJimenez 

don't think there's a need to edit or remove anything in your post. It's already perfect.

Sometimes, when we publish a post on Connect and then visit it again to edit, it can trigger the AI filter, which sends the post to the quarantine folder.

Rest is fine 😊

Keep posting, keep guiding 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

Thanks! this place is heaven😍🏖 @NirmalTeja 

Level 8

gracias @Maximilianozalazar por tu comentario!! me alegro que te haya gustado😁

Level 8

Thanks @KashifMisidia for your help. I really appreciate it.🙂

Level 10

Ynt: Escape to Disney's Private Island: Castaway Cay