BorrisS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: Indonesian skewers, travel photography, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, Indonesian skewers, travel photography, and more.

IMG_3195.JPGIMG_3195.JPG

@BorrisS: My love for food and great stories is why I choose @indahnuria‘s post “Sate Maranggi - A Bite of Happiness in Indonesian Traditional Cuisine” this week. In it, she presents her favorite Indonesian dish, sate maranggi, and you can really feel her enthusiasm and love for local cuisine! Next to the video and wonderful photos, there is information about where to have the best sate maranggi around Jakarta, complete with details about accessibility and health measures. And for those of you who like to cook, Indah has included her recipe to try and make these skewers at home. This post is definitely for you if you like to discover new flavors! 

Caption: A photo of sunlight washing over mountains and a sea of clouds as seen from Pico Arieiro in Madeira, Portugal. (Local Guide @StephenLammens)Caption: A photo of sunlight washing over mountains and a sea of clouds as seen from Pico Arieiro in Madeira, Portugal. (Local Guide @StephenLammens)

@Ivi_Ge: Local Guide @Stphn recently shared a stunning collection of photos in the post “My 10 favorite travel pictures from 20+ countries!.” An avid traveler, Stephen has visited many countries, capturing amazing moments with his phone. Now, he has rounded up some of the photos from his past adventures, and they have everything: people, nature, city landscapes, and famous sites. If you are looking for some inspirational photography, don’t miss his post

Caption: A collage of four photos from Exaltación de la Cruz in Argentina, showing a sign, different buildings, and a path between trees. (Local Guide @SilvyC)Caption: A collage of four photos from Exaltación de la Cruz in Argentina, showing a sign, different buildings, and a path between trees. (Local Guide @SilvyC)

@InaS: My pick for this week is the post “Exaltación de la Cruz, un remanso a un paso de Buenos Aires” by @SilvyC. It is about her relaxing trip to Exaltación de la Cruz, a region in the Buenos Aires province. I liked the detail about how she met more animals than people there, which shows just how calm the place is. While visiting the small towns around, Silvy was able to add a lot of photos of local businesses that didn’t have any on Google Maps. She also talked to their owners about the benefits of managing their listings with Google My Business. If Exaltación de la Cruz sounds like a place for you, go to her post to enjoy it.

Caption: A collage of two photos, showing Local Guide @Bere_Marichi (left) holding a plate of tamales and a pot of tamales (right) with a text over it that says, “¡Día de la Candelaria, otra tradición muy mexicana!.” (Local Guide @Bere_Marichi)Caption: A collage of two photos, showing Local Guide @Bere_Marichi (left) holding a plate of tamales and a pot of tamales (right) with a text over it that says, “¡Día de la Candelaria, otra tradición muy mexicana!.” (Local Guide @Bere_Marichi)

@TsekoV: This week, @Bere_Marichi’s post “¡Día de la Candelaria, otra tradición muy mexicana!” caught my attention. The title told me that I would learn something interesting about the Mexican culture. Sure enough, in the post, Bere tells us about the tradition of treating family and friends to tamales on Día de la Candelaria. To find out what tamales are and why Mexican people eat them on this day, check out her post. You will also discover an amazing list of local businesses in Mexico City that offer delicious tamales! 

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.  

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

23 comments
Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: Indonesian skewers, travel photography, and more

Wow thank you so much @BorrisS & @Ivi_Ge for selecting me for this Friday Favorites. I feel so honored! 😍

Big congrats to the others that got selected! @indahnuria @SilvyC @Bere_Marichi 

Connect Moderator

Nice selection @BorrisS, thank you for sharing!

Congratulations everyone for the great contents @indahnuria @Stphn @SilvyC @Bere_Marichi 😊💪.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 8

Hi @BorrisS  thank you for sharing 

Bangladeshi Local Guide
Connect Moderator

Many decades back when I was in high-school we used to look forward to a favorite TV show that was telecast only once a week.

The Friday favorite is similarly nostalgic in that there is always the curiosity to see the best-from-the-best posts every week 😍

Nice selection @BorrisS@Ivi_Ge@InaS 

Congratulations on featuring:

@indahnuria - A yummy dish 😋 with loads of hapinness.

@Stphn - My Globetrotter 🌍 friend, did you update the maps with the colors yet?

@SilvyC - Your dream trip, what an amazing place to go...

@Bere_Marichi - Food, family, and traditions - the ingredients of a content life.

Level 9

Hello @BorrisS  Thanks for posting this wonderful selections. They are full of amazing pictures and captivating stories. 

Congratulations to all local guides whose post are featured . @Stphn 

@indahnuria  @Bere_Marichi 

Connect Moderator

Wow Thank You @BorrisS @InaS I can't believe so many good news in this February to me! 

Congrats to @indahnuria @Stphn & @Bere_Marichi for being selected!

Greetings.

Silvy.

Level 10

Level 10

I didn't update the map yet, only 1 country extra since I started that topic @Tushar_Suradkar.

When everything would go to plan in 2020, I would be able to add 3 more but Covid decided differently. 😊

Level 10