MoniDi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Friday Favorites: Lost City, street photography, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, Lost City, street photography, and more.

@BorrisS: If you’re like me—someone who believes that a photo is worth a thousand words—then you might want to have a look at @sansa’s post “Street Photography.” In it, @sansa presents eight black and white photos which capture the spirit and essence of everyday life, while also explaining what “street portraiture” is. Looking at those photos, I felt overwhelmed with all kinds of emotions, as the photographer truly succeeded in capturing real moments of beauty, labor, happiness, and hardship.

Caption: A black and white photo of an old woman sitting on the street next to a staircase. (Local Guide @sansa)Caption: A black and white photo of an old woman sitting on the street next to a staircase. (Local Guide @sansa)

@MoniDi: Going through this week’s posts, I couldn’t help but be impressed by @SunPanupong’s post “[Netherlands] One Day in The Hague : Things To Do.” Not only are his photos really good, but he also provides a lot of useful information about the places he visited—from the Peace Palace to the modern seaside resort Scheveningen. When I was in The Hague two years ago, it was raining all the time. This post makes me want to go back and see everything once again on a sunny day! So, head over to @SunPanupong’s post and learn more about what you can see and do in this city in The Netherlands.

Caption: A photo of the red facade of the Peace Palace in The Hague, The Netherlands, against a bright blue sky. The lawn in front of the palace is freshly mowed and green. (Local Guide @SunPanupong)Caption: A photo of the red facade of the Peace Palace in The Hague, The Netherlands, against a bright blue sky. The lawn in front of the palace is freshly mowed and green. (Local Guide @SunPanupong)

@DanniS: I was mesmerized by @겁나신나부부 ’s post Have you ever visited Lost City in Colombia?.” The Lost City is an ancient city in Colombia which looks absolutely amazing and getting there is like stepping into another world, just like in Jumanji. Along with some great photos, @겁나신나부부  also shares a video showing how challenging and exciting the hike up to the Lost City is. It definitely gives a good idea of what the place looks like and where it’s located. I didn’t know about the Lost City before, but just reading that it’s older than Machu Picchu makes me want to visit!

Caption: A photo of a woman and a dog looking at the archaeological site of the Lost City in Colombia, surrounded by lush green mountains. (Local Guide @겁나신나부부)Caption: A photo of a woman and a dog looking at the archaeological site of the Lost City in Colombia, surrounded by lush green mountains. (Local Guide @겁나신나부부)

@DeniGu: With the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing around the corner, it was very interesting to read @ErmesT’s post “"The Eagle has landed" - The moon on your stories” this week. @ErmesT excitedly shares his personal memories of this historical event and how fascinated he became with the subject of the moon, experimenting with photographing it in different ways and at different times. Head over to “"The Eagle has landed" - The moon on your stories” to enjoy @ErmesT’s beautiful photos and join in the celebration!

Caption: A collage of eight photos showing different phases of the moon. (Local Guide @ermest)Caption: A collage of eight photos showing different phases of the moon. (Local Guide @ermest)

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

17 comments
Level 9

Re: Lost City, street photography, and more

Thanks dear @MoniDi for excellent photos!

I like photos about Lost city.

Congratulations to all local guides,,whose post and photos are the best!

Best wishes,

Inga

Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: Lost City, street photography, and more

OMG.

Thank you @MoniDi for this post, and a special thanks to @DeniGu for liking my post. Not an easy post, because I am talking about something that for many is just "old", and because photographing the moon is already a  challenge for a lot of people.

The moon is part of my story in several way, from the one that I wrote in the post, to Fly me to the moon - my Connect Live 2018 short Recap

Caption: Venice Airport - Fly me to the MoonCaption: Venice Airport - Fly me to the Moon

While I am reading, I am preparing my car for the next trip. Not exactly a trip to the moon (just one third of Italy), but for sure not so far, on a place, Castelluccio di Norcia, that seems to be a blend between a crater on the Moon and a Californian hill, (Slowmotion tra i fiori) for taking photos of flowers

On the earth of the Italian earthquake, just in front of the fault that is splitting Italy in two parts

Caption - Piangrande, Castelluccio di Norcia - Local guide @ermestCaption - Piangrande, Castelluccio di Norcia - Local guide @ErmesT

Google Moderator

That's great @ErmesT !

Be sure to share your experience with us, I am waiting for a post about Castelluccio di Norcia

after you return safe and sound! 

Have fun and don't forget to take a lot of photos.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

It was my pleasure to read and share your post, @ErmesT!

Just like @MoniDi, I'm also looking forward to your flowery recap of the Slowmotion tra i fiori meet-up. It sounds like the next photography challenge! 🙂

Level 8

Hello @MoniDi 

Thank you for sharing!

beautiful places ..

Level 9

I particularly like the peace palace by @SunPanupong . The palace is  magnificent and the lush green yard  also caught my attention . I feel like being there. Congratulations to all local guides whose picture made it to the  pictures of the week list.

Level 9

Beautiful photos, I like Friday Favorites @MoniDi 

Thank you for sharing with us.

Also thanks to @SunPanupong , @ErmesT ,  @겁나신나부부 and @sansa for sharing amazing photos with us.

Level 10