MoniDi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Friday Favorites: Shanghai Disneyland, earthen buildings in China, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, Shanghai Disneyland, earthen buildings in China, and more.

Caption: A photo from Shanghai Disneyland Resort, showing a clock tower and a Halloween-themed garden with pumpkins and a Mickey Mouse flower arrangement. (Local Guide @Vevel)Caption: A photo from Shanghai Disneyland Resort, showing a clock tower and a Halloween-themed garden with pumpkins and a Mickey Mouse flower arrangement. (Local Guide @Vevel)

@MoniDi: I’m a huge Disney fan, so it’s no surprise that my favorite post this week is “13.5 Hours in The Happiest Place on Earth” by @Velvel . In it, she shares her happiest memories from Shanghai Disneyland Resort and describes the activities that are available there. Be sure to check out her post to remember what it’s like to be a kid again.

Caption: A photo inside the Tram Museum in Zurich, Switzerland, showing several trams of different sizes, a Christmas tree, and parents with children relaxing on chairs. (Local Guide @KseniaM)Caption: A photo inside the Tram Museum in Zurich, Switzerland, showing several trams of different sizes, a Christmas tree, and parents with children relaxing on chairs. (Local Guide @KseniaM)

@DeniGu: I love interactive museums where I can touch and play with the exhibits. That’s why I was immediately attracted to @KseniaM ’s post “Interactive Tram Museum in Zurich, Switzerland.” This little museum is full of fun things to do, like drive a small play tram, borrow a book from a tram-library, and enjoy a cup of coffee while doing a train network puzzle. Kids love it, but I wouldn’t mind visiting myself, too!

Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Nyainurjanah taking a selfie in front of traditional Indonesian buildings for storing rice. (Local Guide @Nyainurjanah)Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Nyainurjanah taking a selfie in front of traditional Indonesian buildings for storing rice. (Local Guide @Nyainurjanah)

@VasT: The post that caught my attention this week was “Brand Anthem Video Local Guides. Behind the Scene” by Local Guide @Nyainurjanah. In it, Nyai tells us about her experience during the shooting of the new Local Guides brand anthem video. She had to borrow a jacket from a neighbor and was the only girl in a crew of 11 men, but she wasn’t fazed. She felt confident and happy. Head to her post to read more and leave a comment.

Caption: A panoramic view of traditional tulou earthen houses and green mountains in Fujian Province, China. (Local Guide @nicspelgatti)Caption: A panoramic view of traditional tulou earthen houses and green mountains in Fujian Province, China. (Local Guide @nicspelgatti)

@TsekoV: Are you someone who enjoys exploring the richness of other cultures? You may already know a thing or two about China’s culture, but there’s always something new to learn about this vast country, a home to 56 ethnic groups. If you’re curious to discover an off-the-beaten-track place in rural China, don’t miss @nicspelgatti’s post “Fujian TuLou an hidden treasure of rural China.” In it, Nic introduces the unique tulou earthen buildings and more!

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

18 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: Shanghai Disneyland, earthen buildings in China, and more

Wow @MoniDi 

My post becoming a Friday favourite , unbelievable . This my first time .Thank you so much for all kind attention .

Congratulations for @Velvel you're always and deserve for it . Congratulations

@KseniaM  

@nicspelgatti 

Love reading your post

Google Moderator

Hi @Nyainurjanah ,

I am glad that you are happy! Thanks to @VasT, who was impressed by your post, now a lot of Local Guides will be able to read it. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @VasT for reading my funny post  I love part only girl in a crew of 11 men , feeling I'm a princess with 11 prince LOL .

Level 10

Hi @MoniDi It's really amazing post. Hay my friend @Nyainurjanah Congratulations to you and see here your valuable post.

InstaCollage_1580404156000.jpg

 I am a Local Guide! 

Best Regards. 

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Connect Moderator

Wow.. what a beautiful month it is. My posts were featured as a Friday favorites on the first and last week of January! 

Thank you so much my fellow Disney fan @MoniDi , Google & Connect moderators , and fellow Local Guides that enjoyed my post. It is a pleasure for me to share my happiest moment at Disneyland.

And congratulations to you @KseniaM

Selamat teh @Nyainurjanah kamu juga pantas dan keren!!! Tetap sharing cerita2mu yang menarik dan menghibur.

恭喜你 @nicspelgatti 你写关于中国的帖子很有意思!Do you understand what I said, Nic? Hehehe

Connect Moderator

Hey thank Dear Friend @OmarBD .we're enjoying as local guides

Level 9

Nice selection, i like Friday favourite, thank you for sharing with us @MoniDi

Congratulations to @Nyainurjanah, @Velvel, @KseniaM and @nicspelgatti  

Connect Moderator

Hi @MoniDi,

thank you for this great selection of posts, this week they are all great ones.

Congratulations to @Velvel for the beautiful Disneyland 13,5 hours tour, a warm hug for you again 😘. To @KseniaM for the very nice and interesting tram museum, not only for children hehe. To @Nyainurjanah for the great backstage video post, it is amazing to see the make of the beautiful Local Guides. And my Italian friend @nicspelgatti with this beautiful post on the rural China.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 9

All are nice pics with interesting stories behind them. I guess my favourite will be Shanghai Disneyland Resort . It is very attractive and  I will want to visit one day