BorrisS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a history museum, the coldest place in Rio de Janeiro, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, a history museum, the coldest place in Rio de Janeiro, and more.

Caption: A photo of a crocodile sculpture on black and white tiles at the entrance to the Digital Museum in Abuja, Nigeria. (Local Guide @Shola4sure)Caption: A photo of a crocodile sculpture on black and white tiles at the entrance to the Digital Museum in Abuja, Nigeria. (Local Guide @Shola4sure)

@BorrisS: As someone who likes museums (not only on rainy days), this week, I picked @SholaIB's post “Nigerian History Digital Museum Source.” In it, the Local Guide shares photos of interesting exhibits and some historical facts about Nigeria that may make you shiver! From pre- and post-colonial times to the building of an independent nation, Shola learned a lot from his visit to the Digital Museum in Abuja and wrote about his experience on Google Maps. If you’re into places that tell history as it is, don’t miss his post, but be warned: you may get emotional.

Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Vidadecarioca smiling in the mountains of the State of Rio de Janeiro, with a blanket of clouds behind him. (Local Guide @Vidadecarioca)Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Vidadecarioca smiling in the mountains of the State of Rio de Janeiro, with a blanket of clouds behind him. (Local Guide @Vidadecarioca)

@Bobiisha: The post that caught my attention this week was “THE COLDEST PLACE IN THE STATE OF RIO DE JANEIRO” by Local Guide @Vidadecarioca. In it, they tell us about a trip they made to Pico da Caledônia, one of the highest peaks in the Serra do Mar range and the coldest spot in the State of Rio de Janeiro! Their photos are truly amazing, showing breathtaking views of clouds from the top. @Vidadecarioca also gives helpful information on how to reach the peak and what possible challenges to expect. Are you ready to virtually climb 600 steps and enjoy the beauty of Pico da Caledônia? Then head to their post.  

1632380339535.jpeg1632380339535.jpeg

@Giu_DiB: One of the things I most appreciate about Connect is the opportunity to discover new corners of the world and learn about fascinating places and people. That happened to me again this week when I came across @Rohan10’s post “A Village Home painted by Warli Painting at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali, Mumbai.” It introduces a cultural treasure from India: a traditional house decorated with ritual drawings by a native tribe, the Warli. Rohan shares close-up photos of different elements and explains the meaning behind them in a captivating way. If you want to know more about the life and celebrations of the Warli, take a look at this post.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately, or nominate your favorite one using our nomination form. Be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.  

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

43 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: a history museum, the coldest place in Rio de Janeiro, and more

Great post selection! @BorrisS 

Thanks @SholaIB, @Vidadecarioca and @Rohan10 for sharing such a great posts with us. 

Congratulations 👏🎊🎊

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: a history museum, the coldest place in Rio de Janeiro, and more

Congratulations dear @SholaIB 

Congratulations dear @Rohan10 

Everything about your post - the pictures and the narration and the stories and the flow and the entertainment - is The Best 👍

Level 9

Congratulations @SholaIB ,  @Vidadecarioca and @Rohan10 for being selected in this prestigious list of the week. 

@BorrisS Thanks a lot for this nice selection of the week. 

Level 8

I want to thank @Giu_DiB for considering my post for Friday Favorites.

And Many thanks @BorrisS for highlighting the same.

Congratulations @Shola4sure @Vidadecarioca

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Thank you so much @NareshDarji @Tushar_Suradkar @MukulR 😀

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Former Google Contributor

You are very welcome, @Rohan10!

I am sure that will motivate other Local Guides to create interesting content on Connect and I am looking forward to reading other captivating stories from you soon. 🙂 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

That is very much encouraging for me @Giu_DiB . Yes I will and very soon. Thank you...

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Congratulations @Rohan10 , @SholaIB, @Vidadecarioca 💐💐💐

Thank you very much @BorrisS for the best selections.

Abhishek Patki
Level 8

Wow congratulations @Rohan10 for the selection 😊 It's great to see our culture being displayed and being appreciated at global platform. 

Thank you @BorrisS for sharing this amazing post😊

Congratulations to @SholaIB and @Vidadecarioca for the selection 🙂