BorrisS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a refreshing natural spot, accessibility signs, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, a refreshing natural spot, accessibility signs, and more.

Caption: A photo of a group of friends wearing masks and enjoying the sunset from Monpura Bridge in Chapri, Bangladesh. (Local Guide @MukulR)Caption: A photo of a group of friends wearing masks and enjoying the sunset from Monpura Bridge in Chapri, Bangladesh. (Local Guide @MukulR)

@BorrisS: I really enjoyed reading @MukulR’s post, “A good place in my village for a hot day. #Monthlytopic.” In it, the Local Guide describes a natural spot in his village Chapri, Bangladesh, in a way that makes you want to be there! He talks about Monpura Bridge and the area around it, and I can almost feel the cool breeze over the water. From photos showing the beautiful surroundings to details about when to go, what to do, and what to see, Mukul’s post could be a great reference for someone wishing to visit Monpura. He also made sure to add information about the amenities and accessibility of the place. If you’re in the area and looking for a spot to spend the hot days with friends or enjoy a brilliant sunset, this post is for you! As always, don’t forget to check out the other #monthlytopic posts.

IMG_20210520_123.jpgIMG_20210520_123.jpg

@InaS: Are you passionate about supporting small businesses in your area? @AbdullahAM is one of those amazing Local Guides dedicated to helping businesses and business owners. He hosts regular meet-ups about that and recently shared his story in the post “Local Business Series 01: Supporting Small Businesses in Mymensingh.” In it, we learn how, in the ongoing pandemic, Abdullah buys products from local shops and updates the places’ information on Google Maps. He often talks to the owners, too, and makes sure to show them how to manage their listings on Google Maps through Google My Business. In his post, you will also find the stories of two owners he has met. So go ahead and read more about his inspiring contributions.

Caption: An image with the logo of the One Accessibility initiative, a text reading "Accessible Signs: Reserved Seating,” and an illustration of a table with two people around it, one in a wheelchair. (Local Guide @Jesi)Caption: An image with the logo of the One Accessibility initiative, a text reading "Accessible Signs: Reserved Seating,” and an illustration of a table with two people around it, one in a wheelchair. (Local Guide @Jesi)

@TsekoV: This week, while I was reading through the many exciting stories on Connect, @Jesi’s post “Accessibility Uncovered : Accessible Signs - Reserved Seating” caught my attention. Jesi is part of the #OneAccessibility initiative, a team of Local Guides who share weekly posts and organize monthly meet-ups about accessibility. Their topic for July, which is also recognized as Disability Pride Month, is accessibility signs. Jesi’s post introduces the reserved seating sign and explains why it’s important by giving real-life examples. What makes a seat accessible? Why should Local Guides know about it? These and more interesting facts are waiting for you in her post, so don’t hesitate to join the conversation there.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately, or nominate your favorite one using our nomination form. Be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

24 comments
Level 9

Re: Friday Favorites: a refreshing natural spot, accessibility signs, and more

Hello @BorrisS thanks a lot for selecting my post for this week. 

@AbdullahAM congratulations for being with me. Thanks a lot for your work on small businesses. 

Congratulations to @Jesi also for her nice activities on accessibility. 

Level 8

Thank you @BorrisS for the Friday favorite. A great choice of posts by the moderators! This inspires the local guides more towards quality contribution on Maps and Connect.

Stay safe and happy.

#HappyGuiding.

Level 10

@MukulR 

Brother, I also enjoyed reading your post. Thanks, and congratulations for being featured in Friday Favorite.

Thanks @BorrisS for your nice post.

Biswajit Chakraborty, Greetings from Dhaka-Bangladesh
Level 8

Congratulations @MukulR, @AbdullahAM and @Jesi ...

Reserved seating is much needed and the symbol is accurate too... Kudos to you Jesi...

Thank you @BorrisS for bringing this up🙌

Level 9

Thanks for sharing the Friday Favorite worth reading @BorrisS 

Big Congratulations to @MukulR@AbdullahAM and @Jesi ...

#LocalGuidesUSA ~ Accessibility Champion ~ Guiding Star 2021 

Level 9

@BorrisS Fantastic choices. Congratulations all. 

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @MukulR@AbdullahAM, and @Jesi.

Thanks, @BorrisS for sharing these posts. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Thank you so much for selecting my post for the Friday favourites list @BorrisS 

Congratulations to @MukulR  and @Jesi 

Level 8

সুন্দর উপভোগ করলাম।

শুক্রবারে সুন্দর প্রাকৃতিক দৃশ্য অনেক সুন্দর লাগছে।

যিনি আমাদের সাথে এই প্রাকৃতিক সৌন্দর্য শেয়ার করে নিয়েছেন অনেক ধন্যবাদ।

Arjulla Hossain