BorrisS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: fondue in Paris, a Neolithic park, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, fondue in Paris, a Neolithic park, and more.

Caption: A photo of a pot of melted cheese, a basket of bread, cut up boiled potatoes and salami in small bowls, and fondue equipment on a table at Le Refuge des Fondus in Paris. (Local Guide @GasparKaren)Caption: A photo of a pot of melted cheese, a basket of bread, cut up boiled potatoes and salami in small bowls, and fondue equipment on a table at Le Refuge des Fondus in Paris. (Local Guide @GasparKaren)

@BorrisS: This week, I picked @GasparKaren’s post “A Fun Wine and a Beautiful Fondue,” as it talks about three things I like a lot: cheese, wine, and Paris! In it, the Local Guide presents a restaurant like no other for our bucket list. According to her, what makes Le Refuge des Fondus so special are the friendly and cozy atmosphere, delicious cheese fondue, and wine served in baby bottles. Yes, baby bottles! From photos full of positive vibes to homey meals, this post is a must for the foodies with a soft spot for cheese. 

Caption: A photo of a Neolithic house on stilts at Parco Archeologico Didattico Livelet in Italy. (Local Guide @davidhyno)Caption: A photo of a Neolithic house on stilts at Parco Archeologico Didattico Livelet in Italy. (Local Guide @davidhyno)

@MashaPS: I love to travel around the world thanks to the posts Local Guides share on Connect, but recently, @davidhyno took us on a journey through time. We went back to the Neolithic period in his post, “Let's go back in time: 4500 years ago! (year more ... year less).” We visited the open-air museum Parco Archeologico Didattico Livelet in Italy and learned about the lives and inventions of the ancient people. One of the attractions there is the houses on stilts, built and furnished with materials that were used in that period. Davidhyno also shared helpful information about the activities and tours available at the park. His great post was nominated through our nomination form, so if you haven’t read it yet, don’t miss it.  

Caption: A photo of a group of pink flamingos in a lagoon at Bioparque Temaikén in Belén de Escobar, Argentina. (Local Guide @SilvyC)Caption: A photo of a group of pink flamingos in a lagoon at Bioparque Temaikén in Belén de Escobar, Argentina. (Local Guide @SilvyC)

@Ivi_Ge: When I was a child, I loved to go to the zoo and explore the animal world, just like @SilvyC. In her lovely post “El Tigre, la Suricata y el Guacamayo ladrón,” she tells us about Bioparque Temaikén, a special place for animals in Belén de Escobar, Argentina, where they are treated with the respect and love they deserve. Unlike traditional zoos, this park lets the inhabitants roam freely, has designated areas for each species, and is dedicated to rescuing animals and reinstating them in the wild. What’s even more amazing is the fact that the park is accessible for people with disabilities. If you want to learn more, give Silvy’s story a read. 

Caption: A collage of photos of the front office area of the Bishop Lake Campground at the  Brighton Recreation Area in Michigan State, USA. (Local Guide @Erna_LaBeau)Caption: A collage of photos of the front office area of the Bishop Lake Campground at the Brighton Recreation Area in Michigan State, USA. (Local Guide @Erna_LaBeau)

@TsekoV: This week, I enjoyed reading @Erna_LaBeau’s post “My Favourite Accessible Place - Bishop Lake (Winter Camping) #Michigan.” In it, Accessibility Champion Erna introduces Brighton Recreation Area, an accessible state park in the U.S., which is her family’s favorite place for summer events and winter camping. I was amazed by the multiple activities and facilities at the park, like hiking trails, horseback riding, wheelchair-accessible boardwalks, restrooms, and showers, and more. If you are curious to find out what else the park offers, check out Erna's post and her review.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

32 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Friday Favorites: fondue in Paris, a Neolithic park, and more

Congratulation, @GasparKaren@davidhyno@SilvyC, @Erna_LaBeau👏

I loved your stories and your photos! 🙂 Thanks @BorrisS for sharing them! 🤗

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Wow @BorrisS  for sharing today the Friday's fav. 

Thank you @Ivi_Ge for choosing me, I'm glad you enjoyed my post. 

Congratulations to @GasparKaren  @davidhyno  & @Erna_LaBeau for your wonderful post!

Greetings.

Silvy.

Connect Moderator

Level 9

@BorrisS nice post! 👌 Thanks for sharing 

“Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.”
Connect Moderator

Thank you @BorrisS and congratulations to the Friday Favorites @GasparKaren @davidhyno @SilvyC @Erna_LaBeau and I love the photos especially the photo by @SilvyC of a group of pink flamingos in a lagoon. Great catch!

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Congratulation, @GasparKaren@davidhyno@SilvyC@Erna_LaBeau! 🎉🎉🎉.

Thanks @BorrisS for sharing Friday favourite with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

👏👏👏Beautiful !

I love the selection.  I hope I get to visit Paris one day and I hope I find it as Romantic as I have heard it is may be finally know why so many things are named 'French'.

I am also very happy to see one of my nominations on the list. 🤭🥰🥳💃 @BorrisS 

Level 9

Thank for posting the Friday Fav @BorrisS 

@TsekoV for choosing my Bishop Lake Winter camping is one of the Friday fav.

Congrats to @GasparKaren @SilvyC @davidhyno 

#LocalGuidesUSA ~ Accessibility Champion ~ Guiding Star 2021 

Level 9

Thanks for the congrats @Giu_DiB @SilvyC @AdamGT @NareshDarji 

#LocalGuidesUSA ~ Accessibility Champion ~ Guiding Star 2021