BorrisS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: food memories from New Zealand, the Walls of Dubrovnik, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, food memories from New Zealand, the Walls of Dubrovnik, and more.

Caption: A photo of a plate of duck larb, a Thai meal with duck meat, spring onions, dried chili flakes, and more that Local Guide @Sophia_Cambodia enjoyed in New Zealand. (Local Guide @Sophia_Cambodia)Caption: A photo of a plate of duck larb, a Thai meal with duck meat, spring onions, dried chili flakes, and more that Local Guide @Sophia_Cambodia enjoyed in New Zealand. (Local Guide @Sophia_Cambodia)

@BorrisS: As a foodie, this week, I chose for you @Sophia_Cambodia’s post “Missing great food in New Zealand.” Just like the Local Guide, I strongly believe that food is a big part of discovering a new country. In her post, Sophia shares photos and details about some of the best meals she had during her stay in New Zealand. From fish and chips to Thai duck larb and fruit salads, it will make your mouth water! Sophia also lists a number of Cambodian-owned bakeries and shows us some of the dishes she created as a part-time employee at a restaurant. All of this is accompanied by Google Maps links to locations and price ranges. Her post truly has something for everyone.

Caption: A photo of the Old Town of Dubrovnik and the Adriatic Sea in the distance as seen from the Walls of Dubrovnik in Croatia. (Local Guide @Annachan16)Caption: A photo of the Old Town of Dubrovnik and the Adriatic Sea in the distance as seen from the Walls of Dubrovnik in Croatia. (Local Guide @Annachan16)

@DeniGu: My choice for this week is a light read from Local Guide @Annachan16’s travel diaries. In the post “Must-See! Dubrovnik City Walls: The Setting of Kiki's Delivery Service,” the Local Guide takes us up the Walls of Dubrovnik in Croatia. They not only served as a defense for the city in the old days but also as a setting in the popular animation Kiki's Delivery Service by Studio Ghibli! Anna’s post offers a bird’s eye view of the Old Town, and the contrast between the terracotta-clay roof tiles and the blue Adriatic Sea is stunning. There’s a handful of helpful tips for visitors as well, and a travel vlog to enjoy at the end! If you’re looking for sunshine and positive vibes, this is the post for you. For more bucket list inspiration, see what Anna’s shared on Google Maps, too.

Caption: A collage of photos from Museo del Tabaco in Caguas, Puerto Rico, showing traditional tools for crafting cigars. (Local Guide @Nosaint2_Rafael_Fe)Caption: A collage of photos from Museo del Tabaco in Caguas, Puerto Rico, showing traditional tools for crafting cigars. (Local Guide @Nosaint2_Rafael_Fe)

@Giu_DiB: I love when I find a detailed story about a specific aspect of a place that helps me understand more about its history, culture, and people. That’s why I enjoyed @Nosaint2_Rafael_Fe’s post “Tabaco, el aroma de antaño.” In it, he tells us about his experience at Museo del Tabaco in Caguas, Puerto Rico. You will read about the place of the tobacco plant in the history of the island and the lives of the agricultural workers. You will walk around the museum and see pieces of equipment used in the production of traditional Caribbean cigars and even watch a demonstration about it. So, if you’re curious to know more, don’t miss Rafael’s post and review on Google Maps

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately, or nominate your favorite one using our nomination form. Be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.  

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

19 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: food memories from New Zealand, the Walls of Dubrovnik, and more

Thank you for the featuring @BorrisS that's a great way to enjoy my weekend with this rewarding moment on Connect. Saying I'm not exciting for being on FF is just a lie. Every time seeing Googler's comment in late afternoon into the mailbox, my heart beats faster. This isn't the first time though, it is my 10th time being on Friday Favorite and it also becomes my Friday's favorite, I look forward to so much besides every Friday end of the month 🙂

Congratulations to friends who got this Friday's favorite as well @Annachan16, I love the rooftop photo - the roof just looks so good. 

and Nosant @Nosaint2_Rafael_Fe I haven't read your post yet but it looks interesting. 

Level 9

Re: Friday Favorites: food memories from New Zealand, the Walls of Dubrovnik, and more

Dear @Sophia_Cambodia I am really very glad to see your post in Friday favorites and Congratulations 🎊 @Annachan16

@Nosaint2_Rafael_Fe

Hi @BorrisS Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful post with us. 

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Connect Moderator

Level 8

@BorrisS Hello Borris. Thank you for picking up my post 😄 I didn't know about the "Friday Favorites" and that makes me happy 🙂 Thank you again!

Level 8

@Sophia_Cambodia Thank you Sophia 🙂

Level 8

@KamalHossenR Thank youuuu 🙂

Level 9

Nice post @BorrisS thank you for sharing with us...

Level 9

@BorrisS  , @DeniGu , Saludos, muchas Gracias, 

Me honran al escojer el post publicado para la selección de los favoritos de este viernes. Puerto Rico es una Isla pequeña, pero tenemos mucho que ofrecer al turista. Y me alegra tener la oportunidad de expresarlo en Connect. Gracias por brindarme esta oportunidad.  Felicidades a @Sophia_Cambodia  y a @Annachan16  por haber sido seleccionadas.

Ponlo en tu lista, Visitar a Puerto Rico ✈
Level 9

Rif.: Friday Favorites: food memories from New Zealand, the Walls of Dubrovnik, and more

Thank you @BorrisS  for these Friday favorites and congratulations to @Sophia_Cambodia we often talk to. @Annachan16 good memories in Dubrovnik I rode my bike during the trip to Dalmazia del 2019 and was thrilled. @Nosaint2_Rafael_Fe  your post makes me think of the great men who smoked cigars like Winston Churchill or Hemingway! Congratulations to all!

Paolo