BorrisS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: giant trees in Cambodia, fun facts about California, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, giant trees in Cambodia, fun facts about California, and more.

Caption: A photo of the Prasat Pram Temple in Cambodia surrounded by giant trees. (Local Guide @Sophia_20)Caption: A photo of the Prasat Pram Temple in Cambodia surrounded by giant trees. (Local Guide @Sophia_20)

@KlaudiyaG: Every Local Guide has their hobbies and interests. Some people are passionate about food, others are into photography, but the post that I’m sharing with you today is about nature, and, to be more precise, giant banyan trees. The author of this wonderful post, called “#monthlytopic - Giant banyan trees over temples in Cambodia,” is @Sophia_Cambodia, who decided to join @HiroyukiTakisawa’s #monthlytopic for August. Sophia talks about some of the most beautiful trees, growing in, around, and over many ancient Cambodian temples. In her post, you will find a lot of useful information about which temples to visit to see those trees as well as some gorgeous photographs.

Caption: A photo of a table set with different dishes and several glasses of beer, next to a window overlooking a river in Alappuzha, India. (Local Guide @NanduMuraleedharan)Caption: A photo of a table set with different dishes and several glasses of beer, next to a window overlooking a river in Alappuzha, India. (Local Guide @NanduMuraleedharan)

@DeniGu: I want to highlight a Local Guide who has had a few “first” Local Guide experiences in the past weeks. @NanduMuraleedharan attended his first virtual meet-up at the beginning of August, took part in his first challenge on Connect, and created his very first Google Maps list for that challenge! Nandu tells us all this in his post, “Meet-up Challenge: Creating a List.” In it, he arranges the five restaurants and cafes from the list in a breakfast-lunch-dinner order, highlighting some distinct characteristics, like location and type of food offered. I loved how he added bits of his personal experiences to some of the places, too. Nandu’s list on Google Maps provides some important additional details, such as parking options and prices. What a great start!

Caption: A selfie of Paul and Karen in front of the Oakland Bay Bridge in San Francisco, California. (Local Guide @PaulPavlinovich)Caption: A selfie of Paul and Karen in front of the Oakland Bay Bridge in San Francisco, California. (Local Guide @PaulPavlinovich)

@InaS: Last week, @PaulPavlinovich was a guest host at the #StateChallenge meet-up series organized by @Kwiksatik and @Denise_Barlock. Their challenge tests the attendees’ knowledge of different American states with a fun trivia quiz. In his post, “Some fun facts about California and me - well what did you expect?,” Paul shared some interesting tidbits about California before the meet-up. From being an almost nuclear-free zone to having a private railway that runs in circles, California seems full of surprises. Are you intrigued to learn more? Go ahead and check out his post.

Caption: A photo of the back of the Sultan Abdul Samad Building in Kuala Lumpur, surrounded by trees and brightly illuminated at night. (Local Guide @StephenAbraham)Caption: A photo of the back of the Sultan Abdul Samad Building in Kuala Lumpur, surrounded by trees and brightly illuminated at night. (Local Guide @StephenAbraham)

@BorrisS: I always loved traveling, so this week, I chose the incredible post by @StephenAbraham titled “A picturesque evening stroll around the Independence Square of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.” It takes us on a walk around the area of the Independence Square in Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. Completed with breathtaking photos shot both by day and night and historical facts and Google Maps links of important locations, this post is a must for everyone who loves the mix between old and modern architecture and the beauty of Asia.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

46 comments
Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: giant trees in Cambodia, fun facts about California, and more

@BorrisS  thanks a lot for sharing with us some unique post.

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: giant trees in Cambodia, fun facts about California, and more

@BorrisS wow.. thank you very much for this favorite Friday post. This is the 3rd time my posts being featured. @KlaudiyaG many thanks for picking up this post and I am very exciting that you love the giant banyan trees. This is such a greatest reward for being here on Connect. Many thanks )The root appeared from inside out at the ancient bridge (looks like a man sitting without his head)

Connect Moderator

Also, I would like to say congratulations to other friends as well whose articles being featured this week as well 🙂 all wonderful work, congrats to @PaulPavlinovich and other friends 😄

Connect Moderator

Great choices this week, thank you for sharing @BorrisS! Congrats @Sophia_Cambodia@NanduMuraleedharan@PaulPavlinovich and @StephenAbraham 😊.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 10

@BorrisS thanks for highlighting the post. 😊. It's definitely a must visit place when tourists come to Malaysia. Hope we in Malaysia can host all of yourselves too when you do pay a visit. 

Connect Moderator

@LuigiZ thank you for your ongoing support. We keep sharing what we know and are existing in place. But do you know GMs and CMs also inspired us a lot in picking up what articles to share.

Level 10

Thanks for highlighting some beautiful posts @BorrisS Congratulations @Sophia_Cambodia 

KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Level 8

Connect Moderator

@Ant_Bad_Yogi @fasi6083 thank you my friends for your comments as well as your supports so far. This makes me feel a very welcome community 🙂