BorrisS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: having pizza in Switzerland, supporting businesses in India, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, having pizza in Switzerland, supporting businesses in India, and more.

Caption: A photo of a plate of fried momos dumplings with vegetable filling sprinkled with chopped green onions and cooked in spicy chili oil. (Local Guide @StephenAbraham)Caption: A photo of a plate of fried momos dumplings with vegetable filling sprinkled with chopped green onions and cooked in spicy chili oil. (Local Guide @StephenAbraham)

@BorrisS: As a huge foodie and Asian cuisine fan, this week, I picked @StephenAbraham’s mouthwatering post “Making vegetarian momos (dumplings) at home - staycation with the pandemic.” It provides a step-by-step tutorial with photos about how to make spicy vegetarian dumplings at home. From the filling to the sauce and the cooking process, Stephen has shown us everything to try preparing these momos. If you like to experiment and discover new tastes, then this post is for you.

Caption: A photo taken from a hill overlooking the city of Tono in Iwate Prefecture, Japan, with blossoming cherry trees in the foreground and mountain hills in the background. (Local Guide @HiroyukiTakisawa)Caption: A photo taken from a hill overlooking the city of Tono in Iwate Prefecture, Japan, with blossoming cherry trees in the foreground and mountain hills in the background. (Local Guide @HiroyukiTakisawa)

@LilyanaZ: The post “Nabekura Park in Tono, #monthlytopic - A quiet place?” by @HiroyukiTakisawa grabbed my attention. Not only did Hiroyuki inspire many Local Guides to share about different places for his October challenge, but he also introduces us to a picturesque park in Japan, where you can get away from the noise and crowds. He walks us through the torii gate of Nabekura Park and shows us a shrine and an observatory at the top of a small mountain. He remembers his high school years and how he used to visit the park for inspiration and some alone time, while accompanied by different nature sounds. Although the photos were taken in spring, they look absolutely amazing and leave me wishing I could visit someday! If you feel inspired, join Hiroyuki’s November challenge.

Caption: A photo of a white pizza with ham, mushrooms, and cheese from Pizzeria Chez Ciccio in Vevey, Switzerland. (Local Guide @christophesubilia)Caption: A photo of a white pizza with ham, mushrooms, and cheese from Pizzeria Chez Ciccio in Vevey, Switzerland. (Local Guide @christophesubilia)

@MashaPS: We recently challenged Local Guides to explore a new pizza place near them. When I saw @christophesubilia’s post “Challenge accepted: pizza near me (Vevey, Switzerland),” I was excited to see what he had discovered. In it, he shares how he recently moved to a new city in Switzerland, so he took the challenge as an opportunity to see what’s around him. With the help of other Local Guides’ reviews and ratings, Christophe chose Pizzeria Chez Ciccio, a place just 200 meters from his home! While enjoying his first white pizza, he managed to earn more than 60 points by writing a detailed review, uploading some helpful photos with captions, giving a rating, providing some missing information, noting the accessibility features of the place, and more. Christophe concludes his story, saying that we shouldn’t forget to support each other in hard times, even with small deeds. If you haven’t taken part in the pizza challenge yet, read @christophesubilia’s post to get inspired.

Caption: A photo of a waffle shop front with different posters about promotions and COVID-19 measures updates. (Local Guide @FalguniP)Caption: A photo of a waffle shop front with different posters about promotions and COVID-19 measures updates. (Local Guide @FalguniP)

@TsekoV: 2020 and the pandemic undoubtedly brought about some changes in our lives. Over the past months, we saw how Local Guides started showing their support for the businesses around them even more. Joining the two recent challenges, shop small and discover a pizza place near you, @FalguniP decided to share her love for her local community in the post “Big Love for Small Business.” In it, she tells us how she helps small businesses in her neighborhood through a variety of contributions on Google Maps. What I loved about her post are the details she pays attention to when writing a review, sharing photos, or creating a list. If you want to learn more about how you can show your support, don’t hesitate to follow @FalguniP’s example.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

17 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: having pizza in Switzerland, supporting businesses in India, and more

Love that dumpling..

Thanks for sharing this @BorrisS and congratulations to all articles being featured in Friday favorites.

Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: having pizza in Switzerland, supporting businesses in India, and more

Hi, @BorrisS and @LilyanaZ 

Thank you for introducing my post and #monthlytopic. Yes, the topic of Nov must be fun! Some passionate local guides already posted about it. Check it out and feel free to join, all:-) Thank you!

Level 5

Wow!!! Nice food, love it all! Thank you @BorrisS 

Level 9

@BorrisS 

Thanks for sharing , yummy moms dumplings,

@HiroyukiTakisawa  wow cherry trees,. 

Yummy white pizza, 

Lastly @FalguniP  waffle shop photo wow. 

Congrats one & all. 

Level 9

wow @BorrisS for such a nice and detail post @HiroyukiTakisawa  your white pizza attracts and useful during covid 19 condition ,yes our @FalguniP has done and helping small business in diffrent way conduted a virtual meet too which i attended recall that,in addition all the lg must be doing and helping small business owner however i apreciate to those which have. worked silently and helping inviting their views and comments to share which can be recognised and explore further by rest of all my brother @STEVE had also done a lot expecting their story to be elaborated further

regards 

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 10

Hello dear friend @BorrisS ,

Thanks for a wonderful Friday Favourite post... Congrats & thanks for appreciating deserving candidates...

I feel proud about our LG @FalguniP - she, surely deserves appreciation... Congrats, dear Falguni...

Keep going... Achieve more...

,🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Namaskar..

@BorrisS 

Thanks for Sharing,

@StephenAbraham's tempting vegetarian momo Dish,

@FalguniP Congrats 🎉💐 for sharing & support Small business..

Connect Moderator

@BorrisS @TsekoV 

Thank you so much, this post is dedicated especially to help the small owners who are working hard to rebuild in this challenging times, also at the same time seeing the impact of local guide contributions makes me believe that we all can make a lot of difference 🙂

@StephenAbraham I love those dumpling they look super tasty can't wait to try them 😋

@HiroyukiTakisawa this place is so Heavenly, the cherry blossom tree adds more beauty to it. I really miss participating in monthly topics hopefully I can write for this one 🙂

@christophesubilia it is great to explore food when we go to new place the pizza looks great. 

Level 8

Awesome and Thank you very much for sharing @BorrisS 

Kavindu Chamodh Nethsara

A Local Guide from Sri Lanka

Joined in November, 2020