cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Kaws Exhibition: Family / AGO Gallery - Toronto - Canada

Hello Guides,
All right with you?

Today I want to bring you a little of my experience at the Artist Kaws exhibition. A few days ago I presented a post for you about the AGO Art Gallery (https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Art-Gallery-of-Ontario-AGO/m-p/3672157/high...) and the Gallery's main exhibition is Kaws: Family.

Kaws is an American artist and designer. His work includes repeated use of a cast of figurative characters and motifs, some dating back to the beginning of his career in the 1990s, initially painted in 2D and later realized in 3D. Some of his characters are his own creations while others are reworked versions of existing icons. Kaws' sculptures range in size from a few inches to ten meters tall, and are made from various materials including fiberglass, aluminum, wood, b
The exhibition is available until March 31, 2024 on the second floor of the Gallery and you can visit the Gallery's website for more information if you visit (https://ago.ca/exhibitions/kaws-family?gclid=CjwKCAiA0syqBhBxEiwAeNx9N2Wf-i6w2Ik7_cx8ErpC8gkwKYAZOK_... ).

As I mentioned in my previous article, the Gallery has an excellent structure for visitors with disabilities, and arrival on floor two has access via elevators and ramps. The exhibition room does not have physical barriers and all crossing points have security staff to assist if necessary.

Entrance to exhibition roomEntrance to exhibition room

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.17 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.16.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.15 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.15.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.13 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.12.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.11 (1).jpeg

External corridor on the second floor, with access to elevators and continuation of the exhibition.External corridor on the second floor, with access to elevators and continuation of the exhibition.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.17.jpeg

Simpson themed frameSimpson themed frame

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.14.jpeg

Marketing-Based ArtMarketing-Based Art

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.10 (1).jpeg

The exhibition has some virtual works, where you need to download the gallery app and check the work using the QRcode.The exhibition has some virtual works, where you need to download the gallery app and check the work using the QRcode.The exhibition has some virtual works, where you need to download the gallery app and check the work using the QRcode.The exhibition has some virtual works, where you need to download the gallery app and check the work using the QRcode.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.09.jpeg

Life-size VMA award work.Life-size VMA award work.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.07 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 12.06.07.jpeg
@TravellerG  I hope you have fun with this post.
I hope you enjoy the experience.
ronze, and a steel pontoon inflatable raft.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Brazilian living in Canada
Local Guide Level 9
Instagram: @firstkalves
Toronto, ON, Canadá
8 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Kaws Exhibition: Family / AGO Gallery - Toronto - Canada

@GasparKaren 

Interessant und sehenswert, mir haben die Bilder ein Lächeln ins Gesicht gezaubert 

Level 8

Re: Kaws Exhibition: Family / AGO Gallery - Toronto - Canada

@GasparKaren The Kaws exhibition in AGO gallery is ,in my opinion,a very personal and particular art,made by Kaws.Good time spent by family and friends because artists are like Nature creatures ,always different of one another.

Level 9

Betreff: Kaws Exhibition: Family / AGO Gallery - Toronto - Canada

@Annaelisa I'm glad you liked it.
I hope that the exhibition can come to your country one day, and that you can enjoy it up close.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 9

@IamJoseFelixAranda Yes, artists are unique people, and in many moments we cannot decipher them. But Kaws doesn't just propose to present the family, he proposes in this exhibition to expose feelings, and show how each one has a particular characteristic.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 10

Wow... What a beautiful post!, dear friend @GasparKaren 

Firstly, I thank you very much for tagging me in your post.

All the Arts deserve special mention & appreciation... great!

Could you please explain... the 15th Photo looks to be FLOATING! how come it is like this? Well, you have mentioned that you need to download the App - did you view it?

Like the Ago Art, I loved your post very much...

Thank you for sharing these...

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

@TravellerG Hello my friend!
Glad you liked it!
Yes, I took this image from the virtual work. I couldn't upload the videos so I posted the photo. You need to download the Gallery app, select the exhibition and position the camera on the QRCode, and voila... you can see the work (there is a platform positioned in the place and a toten to which they are projected.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 10

Ohh... Okay... Very nice. 

Then, your capture is perfect... Excellent angle... 

Thanks for your detailed explanation, dear friend @GasparKaren

🙏🙌

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

What a awesome post, I must say @GasparKaren . The figurative characters and motifs looks so great and has emotion attached which can be seen. It shows how much efforts has been put in making such awesome art for everyone! Thank you for sharing this wonderful post! The pictures came out so well and clear!