RaviSharma111's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Kumhrar : Ancient site 300 BC ( 80 Pillar🪵🪵 Hall - In Hypostyle )

Kumhrar : Ancient site (300BC )

Excavated by   DAVID BRAINERD SPOONER IN (1912 - 1913)

#photo of pillar old around 300 BC of single pillar made up of black spotted buff sandstone monoliths#photo of pillar old around 300 BC of single pillar made up of black spotted buff sandstone monoliths  

Height 9.75 Meter Height  buried 2.50 underground.

#photo Entrance Kumhrar park#photo Entrance Kumhrar park

Ticket counter , sign of government of india ,flowerTicket counter , sign of government of india ,flower

Recently  I Visited Ancient Kumhrar site is under Archaeological survey of india  it contains 👉

1)  80 Pillar Hall - In Hypostyle

2) Patliputra gallery

3) Arogya Vihar

Archaeological remains of Mauryan period  322 -185 have been discovered here, some excavation findings are from 600 BC and mark the Capital of some KINGS 👑 like

AJATASHATRU,

CHANDRAGUPTA ,

THE ASHOK .

Continuously being  a Power center of the Magadha empire for several years .

Dummy of 80 pillar hallDummy of 80 pillar hall

Archaeological findinding intitaly suggest that it was royal house but later they find it prayer hall for buddhist monasteries some historian also claims that buddha third  council held here but no 

Evidence found .The roof  and sides of this  hall made up off wooden block .

Photo by @RaviSharma111Photo by @RaviSharma111

photograph  at time of excavation fragmented  pillar partphotograph at time of excavation fragmented pillar part

gate like structure found in buddhist monasteriesgate like structure found in buddhist monasteries

This sculpture help me to find that this was buddhist monastery because  i have  seen this pattern on many buddhist temple .☸️

Patliputra Gallery

Front View of Patliputra Gallery  it contains  photograph , terracotta and some factual history in written form .Front View of Patliputra Gallery it contains photograph , terracotta and some factual history in written form .teracota of king Lion the lion king is symbol of mauryan empire in so many mauryan king they use lion  symbol in their seals .teracota of king Lion the lion king is symbol of mauryan empire in so many mauryan king they use lion symbol in their seals .terracotta os some  ancient Sculptureterracotta os some ancient Sculpture   

photo galley

photo gallery for visitorsphoto gallery for visitors 

Arogya Vihar

At time of excavation it was Identified on the basis of an inscribed terracotta sealing that was discovered from the spot which bears the inscription written ‘“ Sri Arogya Bhikshu Sangahasya " .

Arogya Vihar  A hospital - cum monastery   siteArogya Vihar A hospital - cum monastery site

Some terracotta found  here has Dhanvantari written  on it .That give proof to Dhanvantri the preliminary practitioners of ayurveda belong to this place.

Ramp ♿✅ photo view of ramp accessible to wheelchairRamp photo view of ramp accessible to wheelchair

⬆️ Pond And  Ancient Well   ⬇️  photo of  gallar and some ancient terracotta⬆️ Pond And Ancient Well ⬇️ photo of gallar and some ancient terracotta

These sites  are History of humankind. How we develop, grow and become the best version of ourselves. Thanks to the Archeological survey of India to preserve sites like these they also give knowledge to future planning .This site is also in the list of Bihar Tourism .

Bihar Tourism  🛫🚗🚄

How to Reach 🚘

Nearest 🚊Railway station  patna junction

Take a private taxi and go approximately 100 Rs  to 200 Rs .

Entry ticket 🎫🎟

For Indian Nationality it is only 25 Rs. 

For Foreigners It is 300 Rs.

Where to stay or eat 🥙

HOTELS 🏣🏣 🔗 

NOTE : You will find some recognised hotels from Bihar Tourism .

🌍Other Tourist attraction Nearby:

While you are in Patna you can go to these Historical places: 

1)Takhat Shri Harimandir Ji Patna Sahib

2) Ashoka hell  Chamber

3) Bihar Museum

i  am🏷️ #taging some senior LG and friend to Comment on this post , @TravellerG @Tushar_Suradkar  @KashifMisidia  @ajitthite @Gurukrishnapriya @Praniketmore  @Anil6969 @ShubhamWaman @MortenCopenhagen 

🙏🙏🙏 Jai siya Ram 🚩🚩

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Patna, Bihar, India
23 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Kumhrar : Ancient site 300 BC ( 80 Pillar🪵🪵 Hall - In Hypostyle )

What a great and informative post 👌👌 @RaviSharma111 

I really impressed by the learning skills of yours.

I enjoyed photo and the complete story of Kumhrar 👍  I still remember when you started your journey as a Connect member, you were so keen to share beautiful history of your country, especially your state and city. And now I can say, you are going great.

Baqi yeh to Ghorr Annyay hey key mai ager tumharey Sath yeh zaberdast jagah dekhney aounga to mujhey 300 rupees Deney parengey aur Tum 25 rupey mai visit kerlogey 😜

Keep it up, and keep posting story of  wonderful & historical places for us.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

@RaviSharma111 The essay provides a brief description of a stunning and ancient 80-pillared hall from the Mauryan dynasty.

The archaeological team has preserved the structure and many of historic arts which proudable .

Thanks for sharing with us .

Thanks for tagging me in your post 🙏

Jay Siya Ram 🚩🚩

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Insta||My Post Gallery|| Hex sticker design competition winner

Level 9

Wonderful, simply supported with sequential picture makes kumhrar more appealing @RaviSharma111 

Yes i recall when i was in patna the auto going to GM road to patna city yes shared auto in just 10Rs per person. 

Yes @KashifMisidia bhai we assume that those who come from other countries we need to special care for them for their safety and comfort, hence govt procedure maked in such a way ,still you are welcome you dont have to pay we Indian Lg will pay for you.

Pahle aao to bhai baki hum sabb sambhal lenge.

Regards 

Anil

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Connect Moderator

Hahahha zarur @Anil6969 Bhai 😅

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Betreff: Kumhrar : Ancient site 300 BC ( 80 Pillar🪵🪵 Hall - In Hypostyle )

@RaviSharma111 

Ein interessanter Beitrag mit schönen Fotos von den Schätzen der Vergangenheit 

Level 9

Excellent post, @RaviSharma111.

Bihar is rich with cultural, spiritual, and educational significance dating back centuries. Since it is the land of origin of Buddhism, आप हमें जितना बतानोगे उतना ज्यादा ग्यान प्राप्त होगा। 🙏

Very nice photos supporting your post.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 8

It goes into great detail on the old 80-pillared hall.
I Visit the Archaeological Museum, Sarnath (a museum in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh) last year. Please visit Sarnath if archaeology interests you. @RaviSharma111 
We appreciate you sharing with us ].

Thank you for tagging me in your post.

Shubham Waman || "Every click tells a Story" ||

My Profile Follow me on Maps Instagram 
Connect Moderator

Wow! Pataliputra is full of so many ancient sites to visit.

I will definitely visit here soon @RaviSharma111 

Thank you for the amazing information and pictures 👍

Level 9

Thank you @KashifMisidia  bhai for your comment and compliment .  i like the way you present on connect and these all things i learn from you all LG . I am very excited and interested to meet you in india whenever you came . your suggestion and talks are really impressive and inspiring you are such a nice person to meet on connect .

i adopted your suggestion given in my previous post to How to review good   👍.

i implement it on Kumhrar park .

Review  By @Ravisharma111Review By @Ravisharma111

@KashifMisidia  bhai Ticket  to hum dono ka same lagta par app logo ne 1947 me iska price badha diya😊😊  . I assure you not a 1RS you have to pay  i will pay your all ticket  first you visit our motherland India . 

अतिथि देवो भव : 🙏🙏🙏  Means अतिथि भगवान के समान होते हैं |

Again thanks for your Compliment keep updating and improving me .

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते