BorrisS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Local Guides contributions spotlight: Indonesia

Local Guides add immense value to Google Maps every day. Our series, Local Guides contributions spotlight, aims to bring you high-quality reviews and photos shared by Local Guides like you on the map. Each month, we focus on a new country to celebrate the diversity of our community. If you wish to see your or another Local Guide’s contributions featured here, make sure to share them with us using our nomination form.

This month, we visit Indonesia.

Caption: A photo inside Ayam Bakar Pak D - Cemengkalang, a food place in Sidoarjo, East Java, showing the space, tables, and decoration. (Local Guide @putrisetyo)Caption: A photo inside Ayam Bakar Pak D - Cemengkalang, a food place in Sidoarjo, East Java, showing the space, tables, and decoration. (Local Guide @putrisetyo)

@DeniGu: What we love about Local Guide @putrisetyo’s photo inside Ayam Bakar Pak D - Cemengkalang is the perspective and lighting. She chose an angle that shows how bright, colorful, and spacious the area for customers is at this food stall in Sidoarjo, East Java. The tables are well spaced out and have stickers telling people where to sit for a safe distance. These details assure visitors that Ayam Bakar Pak D complies with local health regulations. The decorations and clean surfaces also make this a pleasant space to have a bite or wait for your takeout. 

Next time you visit a small local restaurant, consider a wider angle for your photo and enough natural light!

Caption: A screenshot of Local Guide @indahnuria’s review of the Pasar Rawamangun market.Caption: A screenshot of Local Guide @indahnuria’s review of the Pasar Rawamangun market.

@BorrisS: Local Guide @indahnuria describes herself as “a big fan of traditional markets.” So it’s not surprising that her review of the Pasar Rawamangun market in East Jakarta is packed with helpful information. She starts by mentioning some of the available products—from fresh produce to recycled items, clothes, and medicine, that market seems to have it all! Indah also comments on the prices and notes that you can negotiate them, which is great if you’re on a budget. We learn about the COVID-19 measures in place and the accessibility of the market, too. Indah’s review is an example of being helpful on Google Maps, and that’s what she got nominated for! 

You can read the full review here.

Is there a Local Guide whose contributions you’d like to nominate for our series? Let us know by using our nomination form. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

22 comments
Level 7

Re: Local Guides contributions spotlight: Indonesia

@BorrisS  wow 😊 Nice to read your post! 

Explain everything in a very good way , Seeing the title of your post, I thought yes something worth reading, should go into it. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🇮🇳✌️

NitishG
Level 10

Hi @BorrisS 

It's a great and inspiring post!😍

Congratulations @indahnuria for highlighting pour useful review! 🎇🎉

Stay safe and healthy always!! 🌺

Have a nice day my friend! 🌻

Mahbub

Warm Greetings 🌹💗 from Chittagong city

Bangladesh🇧🇩 

Pls click here to see my recent posts!!

MD MAHBUB HYDER
Connect Moderator

Thanks @BorrisS for sharing this contribution spotlight. 

Congratulations @putrisetyo and @indahnuria

Keep Contributing and sharing.. 

Stay blessed.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Great spotlight @BorrisS ! Loving both the photo by @putrisetyo and the review by @indahnuria are excellent choices too! Definitely great examples to the community on what quality contributions are all about! 😍

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

Congratulations @indahnuria and @putrisetyo really helpful contirbution.

I loved the detailed review it surely helps people who rely on our reviews 💖

Connect Moderator

A very enlightening post that local guides like me always look out for.

Thank you @putrisetyo and @indahnuria to show us how to capture a helpful photo and write elaborate reviews that serve as an example.

Connect Moderator

Thank you @BorrisS for this Local Guides contributions spotlight, this week featuring Indonesia a country currently going through a difficult time regarding the COVID pandemic.  Congratulations to both @putrisetyo and @indahnuria for being featured.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 9

Awww. My dear Indah @indahnuria @BorrisS even at Meetups, Indah is so fascinating. She takes her time to ensure she is giving useful tips that will really help, an Avid Traveller herself, she ensures you get immersed in the experience she has had.

Have you read her accounts of her trip to the Northern lights? The Aurora Borealis?

Indah is pure delight

Connect Moderator

Thank you so very much @BorrisS and @DeniGu .. happy and honored as my review is featured here. I hope it helps others in finding what they need and know what to expect when they are visiting particular place. Cheers and congratulations as well for @putrisetyo . Happy contributing!