MoniDi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

My first visit to Warsaw

Visiting Poland last autumn was a memorable experience. I was invited to a wedding, made new friends, and had a lot of fun. In my previous post, I shared with you some delicious dishes I tried there. This time, I want to tell you about the interesting places I saw in Warsaw.

Caption: A photo of the imposing Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw, with a monument in front of it, and a tall building in the background. (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of the imposing Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw, with a monument in front of it, and a tall building in the background. (Local Guide @MoniDi)

It was my first visit to the capital of Poland, and I didn’t know much about it. However, I was immediately impressed by the breathtaking views and the vibrant atmosphere in the streets. 

Once I was in the city center, it was hard to miss the Palace of Culture and Science. It’s the tallest building in Warsaw and has an impressive facade. You can watch a movie there, go to an exhibition, or see the city from above. I’m not afraid of heights, so I went up to the top floor of the Palace to enjoy a 360-degree view of the city. There was a small admission fee of 20 Polish złoty (around 5 dollars).

Caption: A photo of a square and several colorful buildings in the Old Town of Warsaw, with the reddish facade of the Royal Castle on the right. (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of a square and several colorful buildings in the Old Town of Warsaw, with the reddish facade of the Royal Castle on the right. (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Passing by the Nicolaus Copernicus Monument and the Presidential Palace, I headed straight to the Old Town. This is probably the most touristic place in Warsaw. I love visiting such places because I feel like I’m going back in time. I saw the Copper-Roof Palace, the Sigismund's Column, and visited the Royal Castle, which was also a museum. I enjoyed some of the exhibitions there.

Caption: A photo of the colorful buildings around the Market Square in the Old Town of Warsaw. (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of the colorful buildings around the Market Square in the Old Town of Warsaw. (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Most parts of the Old Town have been rebuilt after World War II, including the Market Square. I had a cup of coffee there while marvelling at the colorful buildings around, and the beautiful Mermaid Monument, a symbol of Warsaw.

Caption: A photo of a lush green Baroque garden and a part of the Wilanow Palace with its copper roof. (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of a lush green Baroque garden and a part of the Wilanow Palace with its copper roof. (Local Guide @MoniDi)

I finished the day with a long walk in the gardens of the Museum of King Jan III's Palace at Wilanów. This complex is a restored 17th-century royal palace with a museum of fine arts, a Baroque garden, and two landscape parks. I was able to take a few photos before the sunset. 

The next day, I went to The National Museum in Warsaw where I saw some lovely art pieces. If you’re a fan of art, I recommend that you visit this place.

I had lunch at a very interesting place called Hala Koszyki. It’s a renovated market hall with trendy restaurants and small boutiques.

Caption: A photo of a lake surrounded by trees and a white palace on an island in the middle. (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of a lake surrounded by trees and a white palace on an island in the middle. (Local Guide @MoniDi)

I took a long walk in Łazienki Park in the afternoon. It was the perfect escape from the hot weather, with places like the Palace on the Isle, the Amphitheater, and the Chopin Monument hidden inside. 

Last but not least, I went shopping at the Złote Tarasy mall. I never miss buying something to remember a place by!

Have you ever been to Warsaw? Share your experiences and photos in the comments below.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Warsaw, Poland
112 comments
Level 9

Re: My first visit to Warsaw

WOW! great post @MoniDi . I was waiting for this post after reading your first post on Poland. I am very much interested to know about Poland as I have a business relationship with this country and your posts are giving me a lot of information which I need to know. I have never visited this country though I have a plan.  Did you learn any Polish word after going there or you already know the Polish language? Thanks for sharing this nice post with us. 

Google Moderator

Hey @MukulR ,

I am glad that you liked my post. Warsaw is definitely an interesting place to visit. Like I've mentioned before, the city is a mix of old communist buildings and modern skyscrapers. You should definitely share your experience once you visit Poland. 

When it comes to Polish language, I am far from knowing it. I learned a word or two back then but I cannot even remember which they were now. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

I know about the hardness of the Polish language, that's why I asked you about it @MoniDi . I collected a lot of materials to learn this language and when I started to learn I could not continue for more than 2 days😀. Yes, I am actively planning to visit Poland. If I visit I will write a post here after coming back. Thanks. 

Connect Moderator

@MoniDi Amazing your travel photography is. Your post and guide will help us to explore Warsaw city virtually. 

Thanks for sharing! 

Happy Guiding!

Level 7

Not seen yet, but will soon. Beautiful pics shared by you. Thank you for sharing @MoniDi 

Level 9

Hi @MoniDi , Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos with us. It looks like you enjoyed a lot there.

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website
Level 8

Presently i am preparing my self to visit the world to take tast of my life. 😊  

Level 10
Level 10

@MoniDi    Great country with wonderful Buildings 

Baljinder_singh From Punjab, India
Level 10

Hi @MoniDi what a great trip and photographys. Thanks for sharing. 

Mohammed Omar Faruque