Rohan10's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Non-Veg Nirvana at Padma Guest House, Kolhapur...!

Inspired by @Tushar_Suradkar's post Prabhavale Hotel - for Classic Kolhapuri Red and White Curry and to share more about Kolhapur's tradition I am writing this post on my experience at Padma Guest House.

Kolhapur is a haven for meat lovers, and if you're looking for an experience that blends historic charm with fiery flavors, then Padma Guest House is a must-visit. This restaurant isn't just about the food; it's a trip down memory lane. The Padma Guest House was started by Late. Col. Nanasaheb Ingle in 1947. It is very special place for Indian actors/actress. In 1953 Raj Kapoor visited this restaurant. From Lata Mangeshkar to some current Marathi actors, many had visited this place. 

1. Photo of Mutton Thali including Red and White Curry, Meat Curry, Meat Pickle and Bhakri.

The star of the show here is definitely their legendary Red & White Curry (Tambda and Pandhra Rassa). It's not just spicy, it's an explosion of flavor that will have you reaching for seconds (and thirds!). 

2. Front photo of Padma Guest House.

But wait, there's more! I had the chance to try their Mutton Pickle for the first time, and let me tell you, it's a revelation. Perfectly balanced and absolutely delicious, it's a must-try for any adventurous eater. I had never tried anything like it before, and it was an absolute revelation. The succulent mutton pieces were bursting with flavor, thanks to a unique blend of spices. It's a must-try for adventurous eaters!

3. Starting from top left corner clockwise- Meat Curry, Meat Pickle, Red and White Curry and Meat Rice.

Padma Guest House isn't just about the food, though. The ambience is a trip back to retro times. As you enter, you're greeted by photos of the owner with both British dignitaries and the revered Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj. It's a testament to the restaurant's long history and its place in Kolhapuri culture. Every dish at Padma Guest House is a testament to their culinary expertise. The portions are generous, and the ingredients are fresh and high-quality. The combination of these factors creates a truly satisfying meal that will leave you wanting more.

4. Inside the restaurant- Just simplicity and old fashioned but great ambience.

Speaking of portions, be prepared for a feast! Their full meals are incredibly generous and bursting with flavor. This is definitely one of the oldest and finest non-vegetarian restaurants in Kolhapur, and it absolutely lives up to its reputation. Padma Guest House is more than just a restaurant; it's a Kolhapuri institution. They've been serving up incredible non-vegetarian meals for generations, and their dedication to tradition is evident in every bite.

5. The photos displayed at entrance

The moment you enter Padma Guest House, the ambience transports you to a bygone era. The décor has a delightful retro charm, and the walls are adorned with photographs of the owner posing with iconic figures - British officials and legendary Indian actors. It's a testament to the restaurant's rich history, established in 1947..! They have opened separate Veg section now.

Whether you're a seasoned Kolhapuri food enthusiast or a curious first-timer, Padma Guest House is an experience not to be missed. The delicious food, the historic ambience, and the warm hospitality make it a truly special place. So, if you find yourself in Kolhapur, be sure to embark on this culinary journey through time..!

Highly recommended for anyone visiting Kolhapur and looking for an unforgettable non-vegetarian experience..!

How to Reach:

It is located 1.4 km from Chatrapati Shahuji Terminus (formerly known as Kolhapur Railway Station) and 2.1 km from Kolhapur Central Bus Stand which usually take just 10 mins by walk and 2 mins by Vehicle/Auto.

Nearest attractions:

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Non-Veg Nirvana at Padma Guest House, Kolhapur...!

Excellent write-up on this amazing place for Kolhapuri Red and White gravy @Rohan10 

The short trip through its history and the mouth-watering dishes are enjoyable.

I like the ambiance and also the storefront that is nicely decorated.

I've added this hotel to my bucket list of places for the next visit to Kolhapur 👍

Level 8

Superb post @Rohan10 

Raj_Tayade ||" Relationships are formed when you travel with your heart "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Level 8

@Rohan10 Como você descreve bem os pratos e os sabores, me deixou relamente com vontade de experimentar todas essas gostosuras. Confesso que tenho um certo recio por comidas picantes 😀.

Um ótimo fim de semana! Repleto de novos sabores e alquimias!

Level 9

Betreff: Non-Veg Nirvana at Padma Guest House, Kolhapur...!

@Rohan10 

Es ist eine schöne übersichtliche Informationen und Darstellung der Köstlichkeiten 

Level 8

Thank you so much @Tushar_Suradkar for your kind words. Yes you must visit next time. It's located near Mahalaxmi Temple. Yes the ambience is very nice. And food is just awesome. Do try. Thanks buddy.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Thank you @Raj_Tayade Bhau...

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Thank you so much @rosanabtl for your praising words. Yes you must try. It's not so much spicy. You have to specially mention for more spicy else it would be normal spicy in taste. Thank you again. Have a great weekend.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Betreff: Non-Veg Nirvana at Padma Guest House, Kolhapur...!

Thank you so much @Annaelisa for your kind words. I am happy that you liked it.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel