KattyGeltmeyer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Points decreased?

Hi @DeniGu and co: I'm not sure about the following, but I have the impression my points are decreased. I'm not sure about the number I had yesterday, but I thought I had 12.307 points. Today I found out I just have 12.006 points.  I know there are others complaining about the fact that their points are decreasing. I can see why points are taken away after I deleted a picture =-5 points, but this was already the case yesterday when I saw the number of 12.307 points. I wish there were indications about what is happening.

What do you need from my side to investigate? Or is it already a known issue?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Katty

If you want to help me in making Google services more accessible and more inclusive, you can also contribute to #GoogleCrowdsource https://crowdsource.google.com

Thanks in advance for your help.
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Points decreased?

Hello @KattyGeltmeyer 

Sorry for the decrease in your points. It's a known issue,but thank you for speaking up about it.

Let's wait for update from the team whenever they have news about it. Stay tunned. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Lastly could you please change the label of your post to "How tos board" ? That suite better for questions inquiries etc. Achievements board is for showing off badges,gifts,milestones etc.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 7

Beste Ik wil gerust dit bericht verplaatsen, maar gek genoeg zie ik het vereiste label niet staan, ik zie reizen, eten en drinken, ... maar niet "helpdesk". Ik vrees dat iemand anders dit klusje zal moeten klaren. Sorry.

If you want to help me in making Google services more accessible and more inclusive, you can also contribute to #GoogleCrowdsource https://crowdsource.google.com

Level 10

Ha @KattyGeltmeyer .

Feel sorry for what happen to your point contribution.

I suggest that you better chance your topic from Achievement to How To so you will get more attention over there.

Hope you will get the solution or at least explanation of ehat happen to your point contribution.

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 9

There is good news here. Sometimes your totals will go down.  Don't sweat it because sometimes the can shoot up dramatically. Trust the process and keep contributing it all works out in time.

Level 10

Hello @KattyGeltmeyer,

This has happened to many @KattyGeltmeyer

In my case it was decreased by almost 6000 points last week but got re-instated in couple of days later. This was for the 'Answers' category. 12 points also decreased for 'Q&A' which is yet to be re-instated.

Please keep track of your 'Answers' section currently it is 1498. It will get re-instated if there is any decrease in this section or otherwise.

Cheers!

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Level 7

Thanks for this info. It's possible some of my answers were deleted, because I had indicated in my maps settings in section maps history that my location history should be deleted after 36 months. I find it a pitty that points about answers and q/a are deleted when your location history is deleted. Now you are obliged to disable such deletions after x months if you want to keep your points. @@Kumaarsantosh @DeniGuThis isn't made clear in a distinct way. I for sure can see why you lose points if you delete pictures or reviews etc. but deleting points when location history is deleted, ... this should be made clear more distinctly. 

Level 10

Hello @KattyGeltmeyer,

As mentioned here the points were decreased in 'Answers' category in my case. I did not delete any location history though. So, my submission is that it has no linkage to deletion of location history. As, it got re-instated after couple of days.

Decrease in points under 'Answers' category could be one of the reasons why your total points have been decreased. I think it will get re-instated in due course.

Cheers! 

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler