cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

ROM - Royal Ontario Museum - Toronto

Hello Guides,
I hope everyone is well!

This weekend was full of history, fun and family outings.

This weekend we visited the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) (https://maps.app.goo.gl/aS3M46ncbgcgcno98 ) - which for me is one of the most beautiful museums in the city, as it has an older side that reminds us of buildings from the first decades, and a second, more modern side (which It is even under renovation).

Children up to 3 years old do not pay for the visit, but here in Toronto we have a family visitation program, which is provided by the libraries, and as there were tickets available, we took advantage of the free tour.

The museum has a great structure to receive visitors of all categories, children, elderly, adults, teenagers and people with disabilities. The location has accessibility ramps, automatic doors, elevators, adapted bathrooms with bars; alarms; and players for adults, as well as guidance for the hearing and visually impaired.

The museum can purchase tickets via the website, or directly via electronic totems and humanized cashiers. Furthermore, to make life easier for visitors, the site has maps and schedules in several languages.

The museum currently has 3 accessible floors, with the second floor dedicated to wild and marine animals, and a space entirely aimed at children (with games based on history and nature, as well as monitors)

The ROM has some exhibitions apart from the museum, which require other tickets to access, so it is important to pay attention to the places you want to visit.

They also have a very complete café, located on the ground floor, along with the largest dinosaur skeleton in the place, and a souvenir shop.

Certainly, for anyone coming to Toronto, it is a trip that should be on the visit list.

I'll leave some photos so you can appreciate the place.
ROM side entryROM side entry

Europe MapEurope Map

Jewelry and bust roomJewelry and bust room

Jewelry and bust roomJewelry and bust room

CaféCafé

Central SkeletonCentral Skeleton

EntranceEntrance

Humanized boxesHumanized boxes

Electronic totemsElectronic totems

Local Nature Reserve Demonstration AreaLocal Nature Reserve Demonstration Area

Local Nature Reserve Demonstration AreaLocal Nature Reserve Demonstration Area

Area of ancient and current aquatic speciesArea of ancient and current aquatic species

Jurassic areaJurassic area

Jurassic areaJurassic area

Area of ancient and current aquatic speciesArea of ancient and current aquatic species

Ancient TotemsAncient Totems

Representation of Asian countriesRepresentation of Asian countriesRepresentation of Asian countriesRepresentation of Asian countries

I hope you like the post! Hugs
Karen Alves Gaspar
Brazilian living in Canada
Local Guide Level 9
Instagram: @firstkalves
Toronto, ON, Canadá
10 comments
Level 10

Re: ROM - Royal Ontario Museum - Toronto

Excellent post about the Royal Ontario Museum, dear friend @GasparKaren.

All the photos I really impressive and contextual... Some are super... (I'm requesting you to kindly serial number your photos so that we can refer the number... #1 or #5, etc.... Hope you got my point).

"...Area of ancient and current aquatic species..."

Typically a difficult short which you have captured very well! 

"...family visitation program..."

Totally new to me, could you kindly explain it a bit more, please. 

Thank you very much for sharing this interesting & informative post.

Regards 

🤝🌹👍

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

Betreff: ROM - Royal Ontario Museum - Toronto

@GasparKaren ja er gefällt mir sehr.

Interessant und informativ ist der Beitrag über das Museum und die Darstellung durch Bilder der einzelnen Bereiche hervorragend 

Level 8

@GasparKaren que genial post! Que bueno que dan en exhibición cultura internacional. Los esqueletos de dinos serán reales?

Level 9

@TravellerG Hello my friend.
First, thank you for the tip, in the next post, I will list the photos, so that they can be seen better.
Second, the visiting program is through libraries, all Ontario residents have access to bookstore cards, and these cards entitle you to ticket packages. Every beginning of the month, a number of tickets open for museums, aquariums and other paid visiting places. Each card entitles you to four tickets to be used with family or friends.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 9

Betreff: ROM - Royal Ontario Museum - Toronto

@Annaelisa I'm glad you liked it,

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 9

@Maximilianozalazar Some bones, yes, others are moldings

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 10

"...will list the photos..."

You are most welcome, dear friend @GasparKaren ...

Let us share and make the platform more helpful and interesting to our fellow local guides...👍🌹

"...Each card entitles you to four tickets to be used with family or friends..."

This is a well thought option! Great!

Of course, we too use this option in National trust of London when I visit England...🙏

Thank you very much for your detail explanation. 

Regards with gratitude, 

🤝💓

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

Thank you so much  @GasparKaren for sharing this Royal museum photos look great👍 What   fascinated in this post is Asian Sculpture, they are really amazing 😍 and preserve with care. #2 photo is also impresive 👍

🙏 जय श्री राम🚩 

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 9

@RaviSharma111 

I'm glad you liked it.
Really, the area that talks about Asian countries and their culture is incredible, there are so many pieces to observe, but unfortunately it's not possible to include everything here.

Photo number two is a mosaic with the old route map of Europe, I think it's incredible too.

Hugs.
Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9