MarcoDavoli's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Road edit under the tree

Dear roaders,

While I may claim to possess some degree of experience in editing roads, I persist in conducting tests to enhance my efficacy and precision. It is widely acknowledged that editing in shaded areas, under trees, or in regions with low contrast can pose significant challenges, often resulting in minimal chances of approval for our edits.

I wish to present one of my edits made "under the trees" for your consideration.

Albero.png

Both my initial and subsequent attempts were rejected. However, in the end, I attempted to edit my road by placing points in the two small areas where a tiny piece of road was visible. I employed a similar strategy in other areas as well, and up to this point, my edits have been accepted.

Undoubtedly, this activity is time-consuming, yet the satisfaction I derive from seeing my work is immense!

Here is the approved area for reference.

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 13.30.41.png

Ah, I also want to share with you my first 500.000 points! We will have a party for the first million!

Take care you all

Marco

@Lukas_ , @ErmesT , @JustJake , @PrasadVR , @SholaIB , @MortenCopenhagen 

TRAC Badge
11 comments
Level 10

Re: Road edit under the tree

Ciao @MarcoDavoli , I tried drawing roads under trees but they were rejected. Thanks for the helpful tip on how to do it. I hope I'll succeed next time using your advice. Huge congratulations for your first 500.000 points!

Signature Image
Level 8

😀 wonderful marvelous achievement dear @MarcoDavoli , you remember you guide me this tips/ trick in our TRAC 23 teligram participation, you know i got the approval the road add on Map under tree using this tips.😀🤝

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 10

The headline sounds a like a start to a nice winter-time story @MarcoDavoli 😁.

Thank you for posting your findings, they will definitely be of help to others. 
Congratulations on 500 000 points, it is an absolutely insane number to reach! Just a few thousand roads away from 1 milion. 

I also tried adding roads that pass through trees and its been a success mostly. As we discussed on the telegram group, my strategy involves placing the points right before the tree and just behind it. I havent really noticed it not working, but it might be a gamble in highly forrested areas.

Good luck mapping!

"It's the not the Destination, It's the Journey." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Adding 10.000 Roads

Adding 20.000 Roads

Connect Moderator

WTF??? 500.000????? Congratulations from a fellow LG struggling to reach the 200.000 mark 😉

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Thank you for your experiments and this very helpful tip, @MarcoDavoli. Congratulations on hitting the half-million mark! 

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

Ciao @JanVanHaver ,

Looking at this number, it's quite impressive!  But when we break it down, we truly understand the real effort behind it.

Beyond this big number, my pride comes from the nearly 30,000 roads (which I might reach with the next update, hopefully) and the 12,000 edits I've made.

I'm really happy to be able to make my small contribution to making GMAPS a "one-stop app".

These numbers are also thanks to you; remember "How to get rid of that annoying 0 for 'Roads added'?"

That's where my journey and work on "Roads and Edits" began. Your advice, along with @ErmesT , @MortenCopenhagen , and the activity that I'm following since more than one yer with @SholaIB , has brought me this far, and now, perhaps, I can also give my modest contribution and opinion.

Happy Mapping.

take care

Marco

TRAC Badge
Level 10

Congrats On the 500,000 points, WOW. @MarcoDavoli 

Yet another great tip from the master, thank you. Like others i have shied away from ""tree roads" too many rejections, I will try this method. I see so many roads on maps now under trees, I have often wondered how they did it.

Thanks again. 

Level 7

@MortenCopenhagen@SholaIB  & @ErmesT: did you see this possible valuable tip?

If you want to help me in making Google services more accessible and more inclusive, you can also contribute to #GoogleCrowdsource https://crowdsource.google.com

Thanks in advance for your help.
Connect Moderator

Yes @KattyGeltmeyer 

It's very valuable thank you. There is so much to learn practising on roads. Really wish we could have a formal/official meet-up or workshop with Googlers on adding roads. Anyway we are not doing too bad.

Thank you again @MarcoDavoli 

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge