cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Toronto Christmas Parade

Hello Guides,
All right with you?

I believe that most countries are already in the year-end mood and are following the various festivities.

Here in Canada, the Christmas parades have started. After two years without the events taking place, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic that spread across the world, the parades resume their activities to bring joy to the population of Toronto (the city where I live) and some other neighboring cities.

I'll leave you with some photos of this beautiful parade, which was full of inclusion with: wheelchair-bound musicians and interpreters to present sign language to the hearing-impaired public.

Santa Claus passage with sign language interpreter for the hearing impairedSanta Claus passage with sign language interpreter for the hearing impaired

Santa Claus passage with sign language interpreter for the hearing impairedSanta Claus passage with sign language interpreter for the hearing impaired

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-06 at 14.18.10 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-06 at 14.18.11 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-06 at 14.18.12.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-06 at 14.18.20 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-06 at 14.18.18 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-06 at 14.18.17.jpeg

Support the LGBTQIAPN+ communitySupport the LGBTQIAPN+ community

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-06 at 14.18.13.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-06 at 14.18.13 (1).jpeg

I hope you like the post and leave your comments here about how the festivities are going in your countries.

Hugs,
Karen Alves Gaspar
Brazilian living in Canada
Local Guide Level 9
Instagram: @firstkalves
Toronto, ON, Canadá
9 comments
Level 8

Rif.: Toronto Christmas Parade

Adoro le sfilate di Natale anche se mi devo accontentare di vederle da foto e video di altri Paesi, qui purtroppo non c'è una vera tradizione di sfilate per Natale,  non così imponenti come le vostre @GasparKaren Le tue foto sono molto belle ed è fantastico che ci sia anche un interprete della lingua dei segni. Grazie per la condivisione 

Level 9

Re: Toronto Christmas Parade

@GasparKaren,

Fabulous photos and it looks like such a fun event. 

Thanks for sharing this. 

Alfred New
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Some great Photos of the boss man there @GasparKaren  again you are bringing back memories for me ,It was many years ago I did watch the parade live. Thanks

Level 9

Rif.: Toronto Christmas Parade

@PattyBlack Glad you liked it!
I'm happy that I can show you a little of what's here.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 9

@TerryPG My friend, you need to come to Toronto next Christmas if possible.
After two years due to COVID-19, they were able to hold the parade. My daughter was delighted.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Connect Moderator

Nice Christmas Parade @GasparKaren The floats look better than the ones in Manchester.. plus there's a marching band too! Thanks for sharing this and it's always great to see Christmassy stuff from all over the world! I'm a big fan of the year end festivities! 😊

Side note: Some shots might be better in landscape orientation so do give that a go next time 👍

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 9

@AdrianLunsong I'm glad you liked it, yes I love it, especially because there are usually a lot of company and entertainment activations.
Thanks for the photo tip!

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 10

Another post from @GasparKaren  which brings back memories, I know exactly where you are standing on University Ave. Used to bring the kids from Scarborough on the subway many years ago when we lived in the Toronto area.

@AdrianLunsong  has a great point of shooting landscape, it is so preferred on Google maps and Connect. You can see some great examples and photos from guides all over the world on @AdamGT   's     star albums here. 

Level 9

@TerryPG To my friend, I get very happy when I show you the sights of Toronto and you comment on my photos.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9