AnithaM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 3

Hi all ,

The trip on Day 3 started really awesome with locally owned donuts by Doe's Donuts shop. The Donuts were really delicious. I still cannot believe i had donuts for breakfast.😊 I will write a separate post in the food section later. After we had donuts for breakfast we headed to the Tryon Creek Natural Area for hike in the morning. The forest was so beautiful and all the greenery it was a treat in itself. There are multiple trails for people to hike in this area. The forest was within the city just like 10 min from the hotel we stayed. Oregonians are so lucky to have such amazing and beautiful forests. It was so calm, green was so soothing for the eyes. I could hear the birds chirping and hear the crickets and other bugs noises too. Saw a lot of people walking and we all said hi to each other and nodded and off we went on our ways never to meet again. The trees were so tall and lot of them had algae i think covered them. Looked beautiful to the say least. Below is the pic for you guys.

PXL_20221004_181637902 (1).jpg

PXL_20221004_183032691 (2).jpg

After we finished the hiking in this beautiful forest we headed to a local farm called as "Jim and Dandy farm". It was so nice to see all the local produce here. They did have sunflower maze. I have seen a lot of farms while driving around Portland. The farm was set against the mountains with weather being just right. Just a couple pics from farm.

PXL_20221004_210137431.jpg

PXL_20221004_203456445.jpg

PXL_20221004_210019989.jpg

After we finished spending some nice time at this farm we headed to see the Mt. Hood. It was couple of hours of drive from here. So until we reached and visited Mount Hood i did not know that this was an active stratovolcano. Being the highest mountain of Oregon it was so beautiful to see this mighty and majestic mountain just standing tall. We stopped at a place called White river west sno-park. You can actually see the mountain and the see the water stream up close form here. You can also take a long hike here surrounded by forests. I really enjoyed sitting next to the stream just closed my eyes and hearing the water flowing sound. It was absolutely calming and felt all the pressure away. If anyone goes to see Mt. Hood stop at White river west sno-park to get a nice close up of the mountain and just hope and pray that it doesn't erupt 😀 Below are couple of pics of Mt. Hood. 

PXL_20221005_004209767.jpg

PXL_20221005_003511168.jpg

PXL_20221005_004616146.jpg

Thanks for reading my post.

Anitha Muthu
Portland, OR, USA
9 comments
Level 8

Betreff: Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 3

Hallo @AnithaM

Großartiger Tag 3!

Irgendwo habe ich den Tag 2 verpasst und ich mache mich gleich auf die Suche 🤣

Deine Beschreibung des Waldes liest sich wunderbar. Das Foto hat eine unglaubliche Anziehungskraft und das Moos an den Bäumen ist so beeindruckend. Es zeigt mir wie feucht es dort sein kann, damit diese wachsen und wie alt dieser Teil des Waldes sein muss. 

Ich habe einen KLEINEN Wald direkt vor der Haustür, die Vogelrufe und das Zwitschern kenne ich daher sehr gut, jedoch ist dies ein lichter, weit weniger atemberaubender Wald. Nichtsdestotrotz würde ich ihn nicht missen wollen 😊

Über mich | Liebe Grüße aus Lage, der kleinen Zuckerstadt im schönen Lipperland, gelegen im Westen von Deutschland

Level 7

Re: Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 3

@AnithaM Very beautiful place you shared, feeling good to know about that.

Level 10

Very well written post, dear LG friend @AnithaM

Excellent flow in reading... &

Very contextual photos.

All photos are really impressive...

Appreciate & thanks for your efforts.

(Hope your daughter enjoyed the trip well?) 

PS :

You may know, you are eligible to tag 10 friends in your post. Kindly tag me in your future posts, please.

Thanks once again 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

Oregon is as beautiful as Washington with very similar weather. That's why @AnithaM I think if someday I ever settle down in US, Washington or Oregon would be my first choice.

Level 8

Thanks for sharing this detailed post with us buddy @AnithaM . The mountain view is amazing and the tomatoes looks so fresh. Enjoy your trip to Portland 😊.

Level 8

Wow thank you so much friends @Stephanie_OWL  , @HassanZaib , @TravellerG , @Sophia_Cambodia , @Mukul_Anand for kind and encouraging words. 😊 

@Sophia_Cambodia You got the best states Washington and Oregon do have the same kind of landscapes and i am sure you will enjoy here. 

Anitha Muthu
Connect Moderator

I did enjoy those two states, really feel like the kind of place I want to be @AnithaM my dad also loves Washington. He said the weather is just perfect for him. My article about Oregon here: Jewel of Oregon [USA]

Level 8

Interesting description supported by beautiful photos.  I loved the way of your writing.  It's more like my posts and may be  that's the reason I am attracted to read your posts @AnithaM . When time permits read my posts, you will understand the like-mindedness. That last picture is like smoke coming from the mountain.  Awesome and scary.

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 10

You are always welcome, LG friend @AnithaM

💐💐💐

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me