AnithaM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 4

Hi fellow LG's,

Hope you all are having a great day. Here is the summary of Day 4 in Portland, Oregon. Day 4 was really short because we had to drive from Portland to Crater Lake Lodge in Mazama Village which was about 4 and a half hours. Usually it does take more than that just because of the route is so dangerous and curvy as we get closer to the lodge. I was really scared when we were driving to this lodge lot of the path was a one lane road and to your right you can see how steep and deep it goes. We were driving way slower and on the way to the Lodge we had dinner at Lupita's Mexican restaurant and food was good. Sorry couldn't take photos of the food. 

You actually don't have to stay at this lodge to see the crater lake. But we wanted to see the sunrise and the sunset at this location so we had stayed at this Lodge with the lake view ( It was expensive but worth it ). Also FYI this is the only place to stay if you want to stay close to the lake. 

As soon as i saw the Crater Lake i was just in shock and mesmerized as how beautiful and stunning this lake is. We reached right before the sunset and below are few pics of the crater lake and the lodge which was constructed in 1915 of Summer. ( More about Crater lake as how it was formed and when in Day - 5 post ) 

PXL_20221006_011646939.jpg

Sunset View from Front of the Lodge

PXL_20221006_013320120.jpg

PXL_20221006_015321299.PANO.jpg

Night View of Crater Lake - This is my favorite pic ( I think the star constellation is the Big dipper ) 😊

PXL_20221006_044608353.jpg

PXL_20221006_014048326.jpg

Crater Lake Lodge in Mazama Village

PXL_20221006_014350003.jpg

Thanks for reading my post. 

Anitha Muthu
Portland, OR, USA
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 4

Level 8

Thanks @AZ_2021 . We reached right before the sunset and so was able to capture that pic. It was beautiful.

Anitha Muthu
Level 8

What a breathtaking taking view of the lake and you mentioned it's worth night staying and the night picture is awesome @AnithaM 

Really excited reading your experiences and all the photos you shared are amazing.  Thanks for sharing.  

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 8

যাক অন্তত এত ভয় আর উৎকন্ঠা নিয়েও শেষ পর্যন্ত প্রকৃতি কে উপভোগ করতে পেরেছো। এটা আসলে দিনশেষে আমাদের প্রাপ্তি।

@AnithaM 

Mohammad Palash, Bangladesh Local Guide

Read my recents Post Here

Level 8

Thanks @Gurukrishnapriya yep that night photo of the lake is my recent favorite that i took. Thanks for your kind words.

Thanks @MohammadPalash yes the route was scary but the forest and nature was really beautiful.

Anitha Muthu
Level 8

I like your dedication to make posts on trip to Portland daily @AnithaM  it's the main quality of being a local guide. The night view of this lake is so picturesque 😊.

Level 8

@AnithaM This day four was about adventure in Oregon Nature,the beautyful things made there by Nature,like the Crater Lake Lodge,and the sky's Nature,the sun and the moon rising and setting over you.Lupita's food also satisfied your apetite....Perfect post.I wish for you the same succes on day 5.