AnithaM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 5

Hi fellow LG's,

So we began Day 5 with a beautiful sunrise at Crater Lake. Wow what a beautiful scenery it was to see the sunrise. 

The crater Lake was formed by the fall of a Volcano. The Mount Mazama which was more than 10,000 plus foot tall volcano erupted and collapsed approximately 7000 plus years ago. Initially i assumed the lake was formed due to a meteor until i read how it was formed at the lake. It was very interesting as to how an active volcano erupted and just sunk and this crater was formed. The water color is deep blue in color here.

Sunrise at Crater Lake at 7AM

PXL_20221006_135740484.jpg

PXL_20221006_142118815.jpg

PXL_20221006_143602638-EFFECTS.jpg

PXL_20221006_143839072.jpg

Look at the pristine blue color of the Lake it is absolutely stunning isn't it ?!

PXL_20221006_173108288.jpg

After we finished our stay at Crater Lake Lodge we had breakfast there and saw the beautiful sunrise of Crater Lake we started to pack and travel back to Portland. On the way we saw so many falls oh they are just so beautiful and stunning. and the water falling noise is too good and soothing to my ears. Below are the pics of the water falls. These water falls are in the Umpqua National Forest. 

1. Vidae Falls

PXL_20221006_175740520.jpg

2. Clearwater Falls

PXL_20221006_192941869.jpg

3. Whitehorse Falls

PXL_20221006_195434807.jpg

4. Toketee Falls - The walk was about less than half a mile but it goes up hill and down as well to get to see this beautiful lake. You can hear the sound of water and can imagine the force of it and that's mother nature for you. 

PXL_20221006_215145223.jpg

Thanks for reading my post.

Anitha Muthu
Portland, OR, USA
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 5

Amazing pictures @AnithaM  the first thing I loved about your posts are the quality of pictures you shared. The lake looks so pristine and blue. I liked this post. Keep guiding 😊.

Level 8

Thank you @Mukul_Anand for your kind words. 

Anitha Muthu
Level 8

@AnithaM your post of day five is a walk on nature beauty.Oregon is a lucky state with ancient vulcanos covered by lakes,forests,and those falls you photographed,are so nice..if I can visit the area,I will have a shower under each one and a picture.

Level 8

Amazing pictures @AnithaM and the sunrise is very beautiful.  Breathtaking views of the waterfalls.  Quality pictures and nicely written posts.  I really wanted to read your posts and enjoy the pictures that are incredible.  Keep posting. 

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 8

Thanks @IamJoseFelixAranda and @Gurukrishnapriya for the comments. 

Anitha Muthu
Connect Moderator

Level 8

Thank you for the comments @Sophia_Cambodia .

Anitha Muthu
Level 10

Incredible shots, @AnithaM. Crater Lake is definitely on my bucket list. I had no idea there was a lodge. Thank you for sharing your trip with us! 

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 8

Thanks @JustJake . Yes there is only one lodge and it is the Crater Lake Lodge. This place gets booked for months in advance and if cancelled there is no refund (that is what i heard). Definitely a beautiful place to see. 

Anitha Muthu